A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 306,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Large metal Gromets  (Read 1024 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MollyBolly
I love Scotch. Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch. Here it goes down. Down into my belly. Mm-mm-mm.

V's Girl

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2006 09:38:49 AM »

Hey all,

My mom and I are trying to sew curtains for her room. She's pretty funky and likes big chunky things and so wants large grommets for her to hang it with. The fabric store only carries the smaller ones and the one example they had there of curtains in that style, the lady refused to divulge information about where she bought the grommets from. Has anyone had any experiences with these grommets?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands, they just don't.

www.myspace.com/bollymolly
Sheera and Goomba for Halloween
Add me as a friend

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mollybolly/
My Soon to be In-laws and I
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006 09:42:54 AM »

not  srue  where  you are but  any  camping store  possible  walmart  would  have the  grommets to  repair  tents and  tarps.   good  luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
ksew
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006 11:12:15 AM »

Yes... I have some experience.. and let me tell you.. getting a grommet with a large hole in it on a shower curtain is going to be quite a project.  The larger the hole of the grommet, the tougher, stronger, and harder the grommet.  I have used the big grommets on large bags, like duffel bags, etc.  and let me tell you.. getting that damn thing on it was soooooo hard.  I hammered it till my arm was numb and I still couldn't get it on all the way.  The thing that will be hard for you is the fact that you are putting the grommet on something very very thin.  Therefore, the grommet has to be hammered on very very well, and all the way down.  It's really hard to do it by hand.  There are alot of places that sell tools for attaching the grommets but they are very expensive.  Anyway, no matter what size you get, you also have to buy the setting tool, which is not too expensive.  This website has some grommets that go up to 1/2" inner diamater.  These are the ones I used that were so hard to get on. http://www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html
And if you end up wanting that size, I have a set of 24 brass grommets that i will never use, and I can send them to you for free if you want them!  (they look gold, and all the other hardware I use is silver)
good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
And the sun is still here...
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...