A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ms. Marigold  (Read 17287 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2006 10:36:43 AM »

good choice :-)

I love this pattern (but I think if I ever get around to it, I'll skip the shoulder do-flingies.   I've got more of a classic, streamlined look.)  It's great to be able to see how it looks on people other than the model -- and it seems to be an all-round winner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimidawn24
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2006 12:25:53 PM »

I FINALLY got gauge on US 7's!  That took forever.  I know what I'll be doing all weekend!  I also ended up ordering an extra skein of the KnitPicks Elegance when i ordered my KnitPicks Options needle set (which I love already).  Fortunately, the extra skein they sent is from the same dye lot. 
YAY!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VSUangel86
The Newest Urban Knitter on the Block

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2006 06:55:16 AM »

Here is my finished Ms. Marigold. I'm going to make two more one in black and another in green. Both with out the ruffles. This is such a quick and easy pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Marissa

----->http://urbnknitter.blogspot.com/<--- (the blog)
punkcatknitter
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2006 04:36:33 PM »

Question: Do you really need the 32" circulars for this pattern or could you use smaller ones? I keep considering buying this pattern but can't justify buying new needles if I can just use the ones I already have...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KnittenChicken
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2006 10:24:31 AM »

I think I used smaller than 32s. Maybe even 24s?? Could that be right? Maybe 29s.
Sorry I'm not much help, but I think you could do it. You can start it, anyway, because you don't connect in the round for several inches. If you join and find that it's too much, you could always run out then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarn_nut
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2006 06:10:42 PM »

I'm running out of yarn!  I bought 3 balls of the suggested Knitpicks Elegance and I'm halfway thru the ball and I'm 2 inches away from the ribbing on the body.  I'm knitting the smallest size.  Does anyone think I will be able to finish or will I have to order a new ball of yarn? 

Thanks!
Gail
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gail
Check out my blog! www.gailknits.wordp ress.com
knitticle

staring at the sun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2006 07:01:52 PM »

Question: Do you really need the 32" circulars for this pattern or could you use smaller ones?

Nope, you can use the needles you already have. I think the 32" is reccomended because of alllll the stitches you need to pick up around the neckline. It's possible to use a smaller needle (I did) as long as you're comfortable with the stitches scrunched up pretty tight (for eight rows it's really no problem)

Anyway...hey guys! I'm a bad knitalonger  *hands head in shame* Sad I finished Ms. Marigold about three weeks ago but hadn't had the chance to take pictures of it until recently.

(Click to enlarge)
I've worn this to school a few times and love it!  Although my favorite part has to be the color. Frog tree pima silk = faaaaabulous shades, but a little splitty. It was worth it, though.  Smiley More info on the blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

because, you see, the internet is made up of a series of tubes...
knitticle
lavieenrose
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2006 08:28:15 AM »

I love this pattern but now that it's fall here (and getting pretty chilly) I'm thinking of adding some 3/4 sleeves and putting the ruffle on the end of the sleeve.  I've just gotten to the point where I think I could attempt some pattern modifications, would this be difficult to do, do you think?  I'm thinking of using the Cascade Pima Silk...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimidawn24
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2006 06:23:35 AM »

For all of you who've gotten to the part where you CO 10 sts and join the round, what cast on method did you use?
I just broke the yarn I was working with and then CO with a new strand, but surely there is a better way.
Also, anyone who made the size S or XS- are you finding that the 32" circulars are a little too long for knitting in the round?  I'm considering switching to a shorter cable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitticle

staring at the sun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2006 01:50:46 PM »

For all of you who've gotten to the part where you CO 10 sts and join the round, what cast on method did you use?

I used the backwards-loop cast-on (which is just as easy as it sounds Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

because, you see, the internet is made up of a series of tubes...
knitticle
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Key Elements of New York Style
NYC Street Fashion
New York Style For Men
What Jeans to Buy in New York
How to Dress Casual Yet Chic
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...