A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ms. Marigold  (Read 18005 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amy_UK
Got any sci-fi?

I don't like cricket. Oh, no. I love it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2006 09:10:26 AM »

here's my finished Marigold -

[photo removed]

more photos and notes at my blog (link below).

I know I said this over at your blog, but it really looks good on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My new blog: http://dyedinthewool.wordpress.com/
Do you craft?  Are you called Amy, or Amie or Ami?  Join us at http://knittingamys.blogspot.com
Kimidawn24
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2006 05:30:03 PM »

Fellow Marigold-ers, I need your help.  I'm using the suggested US size 5 needles, along with the suggested Elegance yarn.  However, after 20 stitches and 28 rows, I'm supposed to have 4 inches, and I only have 3 inches.  My gauge is way off.  Here are pics:

It doesn't seem TOO horribly small, but I think I may run into some problems when I join the round.
The question: to frog or not to frog?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lillybeth
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2006 05:10:11 PM »

Love this shirt!

I am not a ruffle kind of girl so I didn't add the shoulders.  Pictures kind of stink.  I used Debbie Bliss Cathay in red on 5 circulars. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarn_nut
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2006 06:27:01 AM »

I started knitting this with a cotton rayon blend from garnstudio and I hate the way it looks at the moment!  it's in a dk weight and i'm knitting it looser.  There are tons of large holes.  My LYS owner says that it will look perfect after I block it. I am debating whether to keep knitting or breakdown and buy some yarn with animal fibers in it. Ugh... don't you just hate it when you think you find a suitabile substitute and it looks crappy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gail
Check out my blog! www.gailknits.wordpress.com
BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2006 06:52:39 AM »

Looks great Lillybeth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnittenChicken
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2006 05:06:01 AM »

I'm a little late, but this is my first knitalong, had to share!  Soooo happy with the way this turned out my "Ms. Olive" is gorgeous!  I ended up knitting the ruffles, I tried to crochet but trying to sc into each stitch 3 times was darn near impossible for me!!  I just picked up the stitches, then k in front, back, and in front again for each stitch and knit about 6 rows garter stitch.
And again, I love her! but not sure when/where to wear?  I made it out of a lighter weight merino wool- seems a little heavy for summer, but would it look weird with long sleeves under it for fall/winter? We'll have to see!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2006 05:12:46 AM »

do u guys think that sugar and cream or whatever its called would work for this? ive got a lot of that lyin around..

I wouldnt' recommend Sugar and Cream for anything other than dishcloths -- or things that you don't mind looking like dishcloths after a washing.  For a sweater, get something that will hold up better and you'll like your garment more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilacbutterfly
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2006 06:36:15 AM »

Knittenchicken,  I think it would look great with long sleeves.  It's the style this year.  If I ever get mine done...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2006 11:23:12 AM »

Fellow Marigold-ers, I need your help.  I'm using the suggested US size 5 needles, along with the suggested Elegance yarn.  However, after 20 stitches and 28 rows, I'm supposed to have 4 inches, and I only have 3 inches.  My gauge is way off.  Here are pics:

It doesn't seem TOO horribly small, but I think I may run into some problems when I join the round.
The question: to frog or not to frog?

It does look pretty small to me... it would suck to finish it and not be comfortable wearing it.  Just my thoughts.  I'll be interested to see what you decide to do, and your eventual finished product!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimidawn24
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2006 07:16:06 AM »

It has been frogged.  I'm swatching to find out what size needles I need to use to get gauge. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tom Rob Smith Talks About Child 44 Part 1
Run Like a Girl Book Trailer
A Is for Art Book Trailer
President Pennybaker Book Trailer
What if There Were No Moms Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...