A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ms. Marigold  (Read 17510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carecare
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006 04:43:43 PM »

it doesn't look like you have too much left to go, right? just sleeves and neckline? i'm sure one will do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrrlennyl
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006 08:42:54 PM »

i'm nearing the end of ms. marigold (hurrah!), and had a quick question about the armholes and ruffle.

in the directions, it says to finish the armholes by crocheting two rounds. after that, it says to pick up stitches for the ruffle where the shoulder stitches were bound off.

where i'm getting confused is that, based on how i'm reading it, it sounds like i'm supposed to build my ruffle on the bound-off stitches at the shoulder, but how can i do that if i've already crocheted two rounds around the entire armhole.

sorry if the question is sort of dumb or if i'm missing something obvious. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006 02:56:21 PM »

I am about 40% complete.  I am using some STASH BUSTING Cotton Ease in Pistachio.  I did not do a swatch and am knitting the size for 36".  Wish me luck on the results...

BTW, what a clever pattern.  I've never knit anything in this manner.  Pretty cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
Gothicknitter
Gothicknitter

Gothicknitter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2006 08:30:15 PM »

I know I'm a wee bit late in starting the KAL but I just found and ordered this pattern and will be casting on asap! All of ya'll have the best results!!  Great job and I hope mine turns out looking as good. :-)
~eve
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ours is not to wonder why... ours is but to knit or die!"
starburn
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006 04:35:54 AM »

what do the people who used knitpicks elegance think of it?  I want to use it but i'm afraid it will pill or felt or something scary.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new knitting blog!
http://davinshow.blogspot.com
uknowuluvit

hi =] I'm Deb.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2006 08:04:50 AM »

ooo this is very cute.. but im sure i could come up with the pattern myself, im cheap and dont wanna pay $5. lol. *bookmarking*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting_nyxxie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2006 08:36:00 AM »

I have this pattern and it is in my list of next to knit! I hope to get somethings completed soon so I can get started on it. I am thinking I am going to use KnitPicks Shine for mine. For one it is in the stash so I don't have to buy any yarn! Great news for the wallet and great news for the stash!!!! Also I get really hot really fast so I didn't want to use anything that would add any heat to my body. I know that wool breaths but everything that I have knit with wool in it is very hard for me to wear too hot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
craftykt
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2006 09:44:15 AM »

what do the people who used knitpicks elegance think of it?  I want to use it but i'm afraid it will pill or felt or something scary.  Thanks!

I had ordered the Elegance for this pattern, but after seeing so many people run short with the suggested yarn, I decided to use the Elegance for something else.  I'm glad I did.  When I cast on for Marigold.  I will definitely use a cotton blend of some type.  In my opinion this pattern is too summery for wool! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
Kimidawn24
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2006 10:02:09 AM »

I'm using the Elegance yarn, and it doesn't seem like it will be too heavy.  The yarn is pretty lightweight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starburn
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2006 07:09:40 PM »

I had ordered the Elegance for this pattern, but after seeing so many people run short with the suggested yarn, I decided to use the Elegance for something else.  I'm glad I did.  When I cast on for Marigold.  I will definitely use a cotton blend of some type.  In my opinion this pattern is too summery for wool! 

i was thinking it sounded kinda warm for a tank top too, what weight is Elegance?  I wonder what a good cotton would be
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new knitting blog!
http://davinshow.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Skull Mask Makeup Tutorial - Part 1
Want a Gaze Like Scarlett Johansson? You Need These Mascaras
How to Perform a Facial at Home
Birchbox Sneak Peek: October 2013
Beauty That Gives Back
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...