A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ms. Marigold  (Read 17502 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SRU2004
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006 06:31:25 AM »

I was unsure of my feelings about this pattern, but after seeing several finished ones, I am leaning towards making myself one.  I do have a few questions though.

1.  How many of you are using the Knitpicks Elegance?  Would this yarn be warm for summer wear?
2.  I am concerned about the openness of the v-neck front.  I would obviously wear a tank under it, but has anyone make it so that the v-neck is closer, without messing up the sizing overall?

Thanks
Anita
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Anita~~
Kimidawn24
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006 09:56:13 AM »

I am still waiting on my needles for this project, but should be getting them today.  I will be using the Knitpicks Elegance in grass (just like bigang100- I'd love to see how yours looks!)
I've never used knitpicks elegance before, but it looks beautiful!
I just hope I have the patience for this.  Seems like there are long stretches of just stockinette. Anybody else have problems with boredom on this knit?  (I'm pretty slow as well)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy_UK
Got any sci-fi?

I don't like cricket. Oh, no. I love it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006 12:45:40 PM »

I've seen this pattern all over the place and I was thinking about it from a big-boobed point of view (i.e. mine!).  One way to stop "The Girls" from making too much of an appearance would be to work some short rows in the front.  This might provide a little more coverage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My new blog: http://dyedinthewool.wordpress.com/
Do you craft?  Are you called Amy, or Amie or Ami?  Join us at http://knittingamys.blogspot.com
Kimidawn24
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006 05:14:46 PM »

I have a question for those who have done this pattern.  In part D, after you finish knitting the front right section, it says, "leave these sts on needle, but break yarn and move onto the back section."  I am totally confused.  I still have all sections on my needles (minus the two that were BO), so how do I start knitting on the back section without taking off the front left part that is still on my needles? Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carecare
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006 06:09:46 PM »

kimidawn, i don't have the pattern in front of me because i'm at work, but at one point i had to rearrange the stitches on my needles so that it didn't get twisted. i just put the sections onto other needles then replaced them in the right order. i hope that helps a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006 09:42:59 PM »

I'm knitting this pattern too, using Berroco Touche in a nice lavender color.  kimidawn, when I got to the part you mention, I basically just transferred the right front section onto the right-hand end of the circular needle so that I could then move on to the back.  any way that you can move those stitches (onto a separate holder, for instance) to get them out of your way will work fine - they just don't want you to bind them off because you're going to join them all together below the armholes.  I'm thinking probably a schematic of the top would help make things clearer for this pattern...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
Kimidawn24
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2006 05:34:44 AM »

Thank you both for your help.  I don't know why this didn't occur to me, but I will definately try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrrlennyl
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006 11:32:09 AM »

i'm about 90% done with my ms. marigold...but i ran out of yarn.  i only bought three skeins (knit picks elegance in grass), but my gauge ended up being waaay off.  i want it to end up being ~34" in the bust, but had to cast on for the 44" size.  good times.  i'm done with about an inch or so of the bottome ribbing, but i think i'm going to rip back and do a bit more stockinette.  after that, i'll do the ribbing, neckline, and ruffles.

i'm trying to do the stashalong, so i'm sort of disappointed that i have to buy more yarn for this.  i thought it would be a nice, easy knit, but the gauge totally screwed me up.  did anyone get gauge with the recommended yarn and needles?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carecare
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006 12:11:23 PM »

grrrlennyl, if it's any consolation, i had to buy an extra skein as well. i used misti alpaca, which is the same yardage as elegance. i thought i got gauge, but i needed much  more yarn than called for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrrlennyl
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006 12:13:59 PM »

thanks, carecare.  do you think i'll be ok with one more skein, or should i get 2?  i'm paranoid, since the pattern called for 3, and i bought 4 and still ran out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Duct Tape Sports Hand
How to Make a Duct Tape Tri-Fold Wallet
How to Make Fabric Art
Easy Framing Tips
How to Arrange Flowers Like a Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...