A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prairie Tunic, IK  (Read 10684 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006 03:05:49 PM »

Finishing is done! Unfortunately for you, I am not currently wearing crucial things like makeup or pants, so all you get are the pictures of this being too large on my dressform.

I'm not sure if you can really tell from that last picture, but I basically modified the back by doing the garter stitch short row edging up to the point where i wanted the first strap to attach, worked the instructions for the strap casing bit, did a 3-needle BO for the casing, bound off loosely across the top until I reached the point where I wanted the second strap, knit to the end, then did the short row edging back to the second strap casing, worked the casing, and finished it off with a 3-needle BO.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
dutchclassic
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006 03:11:46 PM »

that looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitchick2
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006 07:18:22 AM »

juniperl, that looks fabulous!!  It was just the motivation I needed to get crackin' on mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffanykapri
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006 08:44:00 AM »

Looks great!  I really need to get started on mine.  Not as motivated since I can't fit it anytime in the next three months (PG), but it would be nice to have something special and hot to wear once I am back to normal size!

Can't wait to see a pic of it on!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supermitaines
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006 07:39:31 AM »

Juniper, you just conviced me (with great help from your dressform) that this tank can look sexy on someone with curves...I'll be casting on next thursday, once I get some yarn!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the ramblings

http://supermitaines.blogspot.com
lambsear
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006 11:38:10 PM »

Woohoo--  I've finally finished the back of this, and I'm about 4" into the front... so far so good.  Unfortunately the digital camera has taken a trip to Paris without me, so you'll just have to take my word for it for now.  No major problems to report with the back, though I did end up changing the types of decreases used on the top, just because my ssk always looks so different from my k2tog, and they really didn't match.  Forging ahead...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006 12:19:45 PM »

mine almost made it into the permanent ufo bin...sweet fancy moses this thing takes FOREVER!  (i'm only 4 inches in)  or maybe it was the yarn i picked. or it could be that incurable case of finishitisosis i seem to have been stricken with...but juniper, yours looks GREAT!  maybe i'll start working on it again tonight at SNB...or i'll keep working on my opera scarf....or i'll start my quilt.  one can never tell with these things. ;]
a*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
sappmama
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006 03:45:55 PM »

juniperl13, you did a bang-up job.  That top's hot!

I'm humbly bowing out of this KAL.  My brain power is currently devoted to a new job (thank God), Orangina, and knitting baby stuff.

But thanks for posting all the pics.  They've inspired me to keep knitting something, even if I don't have the wherewithal for this tank.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitchick2
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2006 05:33:24 PM »

I'm enjoying the pattern, but this does seem to take a while!  I worked in this for three hours at my knitting club the other night and felt like I got nowhere!  Anyway, here's some more meager progress...
http://flickr.com/photos/knitchick2/179369735/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitchick2
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2006 06:21:35 AM »

Anyone still working on this?  I finally got the back piece done.

The triangle shaping was much easier than I thought it would be.  Although I'm not sure that I did the ssp decreases correctly.  But I was so excited to finish the back that I was actually motivated to start the front piece right away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Man U: How To Grill
How to Make Sloppy Joes
Firehouse Chef Shares His Chili Recipe
Feta-Stuffed BLT Burger Recipe
How to Make an Ancho-Jalapeno Chile Sauce with Chicken Thighs
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...