A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prairie Tunic, IK  (Read 10058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knitchick2
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2006 08:31:48 PM »

Fraugee, that looks fantastic!  It looks like it fits you really well.  It also looks like you made the twisted cord---which was something I could NOT do.

rjbuthead, I don't know much about short rows, and I got through it by just following the directions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2006 11:10:39 AM »

Am I the only one getting their butt kicked by this project?  In particular the right triangle shaping......I am so close but finishing feels so vert far away. 

bonnie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2006 08:49:29 AM »

... i am using lion brand microspun Sad  to clean out the stash.  i used it on the razor cami and it turned out okay. 

What size needles are you using? I thought this pattern called for fingering weight yarn, and Microspun is dk weight. Also, how many balls do you have? I picked Rowan 4-ply cotton, and screwed up the math on the yardage. Good thing I ordered on a Saturday, I called YarnMarket on Monday and they added the extra balls (2) in the same box (so I didn't have to pay double shipping.) I'm guessing you might need between 6-8 balls, depending on what size you're making.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just curious if you can substitute a thicker yarn without having to mess around with math to get the gauge/size right. I just decided to frog my razor cami because I ran out of yarn before I got to the straps... Sad I'll be making my second in Microspun pretty soon, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tricoteuse
Sticks and Needles

Je dis Aime.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007 08:48:06 AM »

Christ, I finally picked up this project after nearly a half a year of neglect and finished it over the weekend.  I only had the front triangles to go, and due to some stupid mistakes, I kept knitting them crooked (one had more stitches than the other--not a pretty site).  I finally decided to properly count my stitches and discovered that I had decreased one too many times, and that messed up my stitch distribution for the triangles.  Embarrassed   I felt like such a rookie!

But, I knit it up properly last Friday and dunked it in the water.  What size did everyone knit this in (if anyone's still paying attention to this KAL)?  I knit the same size in the photo, but know that I'm seeing it, it looks huge.  I'm in gauge and everything, but as soon as the piece hit water, it grew like crazy.  I blocked it as best as I could, and it fits the measurements now, but it still looks huge.  Now I know why there was a suggestion for making a belt in the pattern.  Undecided

Overall, it looks nice (I might put up a pic when I get home from work), but it's still a little big for my taste.  I think it would look better if it were a little more form-fitting.  Anyone else have this problem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zknits
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007 08:52:49 AM »

wow!  everyone's looks great!  looking forward to picking up this one at some point for a summer knit good...so few of those!
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
knitchick2
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007 03:33:18 PM »

Mine was also a bit on the roomy side.  I thought it might have been because I used a cotton yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykt
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2007 01:51:29 PM »

anyone still knitting this?

I just ordered some Rowan 4ply cotton for this...should be here next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2007 02:44:57 PM »

Well, it's on my To Knit list, if that counts! LOL I picked Rowan 4-Ply too! What color are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykt
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2007 08:46:40 AM »

The color I chose is aubergine...kind of a purply brownish color.

I actually started knitting this with some leftover 4ply from another project to double check my gauge...its amazing how different my gauge is when I'm knitting a swatch as compared to knitting the real thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2007 02:10:34 PM »

i may or may not pick it back up soon.  i have so much yarn in my stash to attack, i'm just knitting whatever strikes me at the moment, and cotton has not proven to be my friend. ;]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Egg White and Shitake Omelet Recipe
Learn how to Make Seared Lobster Tails with Thai Chili Coleslaw
How to Plate Salmon and Chicken Satay
How to Grill Salmon and Chicken Satay
How to Break Down Salmon and Chicken Satay
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...