A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prairie Tunic, IK  (Read 10503 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knitchick2
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2006 08:11:25 PM »

I'm almost as far as you are, lambsear.  Well, you're probably much farther now, but anyway...
I'm also motivated by the knowledge that this thing is only 2 pieces---no sleeves!  And I also LOVE the color of yours.  Love.  Really really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006 09:48:56 AM »

I just ordered my yarn for this, and I'm so excited! I have the Razor cami lined up next, but after that, it's onto the Prairie Tunic! I've never substituted on an actiual sweater pattern before, so I hope I chose right! I picked Rowan 4 ply cotton, (same gauge, 28sts per 4") in Aegean, and I can't wait for it to show up!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lambsear
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006 10:48:21 AM »

Keep going, knitchick, the end is in sight!  Here's my tunic taking a dip:

and impatiently drying:

Next up: sewing and wearing!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 03:58:19 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tricoteuse
Sticks and Needles

Je dis Aime.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006 08:57:14 PM »

Beautiful color, lambsear!  I can't wait to see it finished.  I'm plodding along on mine; hopefully it'll be done soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitchick2
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2006 02:18:26 PM »

Getting there...

A few hours at knitting club tonight should get me kinda close to the end...depending on the ratio of knitting to eating/drinking/chatting, of course!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliwa
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006 02:50:32 PM »

I really like this one! Usually knit things look really bulky and/or dull to me, but this seems to have a rather slim fit, and looks really nice too. Perhaps it should go on my "to do" list. I can't wait to see more pictures!

/Aliwa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitchick2
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006 06:31:14 AM »

Finished.  I'll take it for a test drive this weekend to see how much I like it.

Sorry the pics are a little blurry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollydeanna
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2006 07:04:00 AM »

love it!  It looks so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.  --Andy Warhol
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2006 09:40:01 PM »

Hey guys!  Saw that you had a KAL going along here, and decided to join in...and here's my finished product!:

I ended up using this awful (but pretty colored) Red Heart (believe me, I don't often go there) yarn, called Luster Sheen, but just because it was the right weight and was only $5 a skein.  I paid for my cheapness, though, since the blocking didn't calm down the curling at the bottom as much as I think it would've in a natural fiber.  (and of course, adding ribbing like lots of people did on here would've worked wonders as well)  Also - I knitted the back in a small size, and when I got it done and measured I decided that I maybe should make the medium for the front.  It doesn't look bad and the side seams are pretty much where they should be, but I think a small for both sides would've been best.  Oh well - it was fun making it and I've already worn it a couple of times!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006 09:42:13 PM by Fraugee728 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
rjbuthead
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2006 11:55:58 AM »

i started this about 2 weeks ago...and i am about 7 inches into the back piece.  it is taking FOREVER!  i also have never done short rows before, so i'm a little intimidated.  i remember seeing an article about it in IK earlier i think... do i have to know anything about short rows, or do i just follow the directions?  i am using lion brand microspun Sad  to clean out the stash.  i used it on the razor cami and it turned out okay. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Clive Thompson Talks About His New Book From SXSW
Celebrating the Joys of Letter Writing
Craig Nelson on the Atomic Age
A Look at the Game of Thrones Pop Up Book
Top 10 Notes: Of Mice and Men
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...