A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,446
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prairie Tunic, IK  (Read 10459 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hollydeanna
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006 08:54:37 AM »

I'm FINALLY casting on tonight.  Anyone know about airlines and knitting needles?  are they banned in your carry-on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.  --Andy Warhol
m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006 11:04:45 AM »

I'm FINALLY casting on tonight.  Anyone know about airlines and knitting needles?  are they banned in your carry-on?

nope, haven't been for a while now.  i will, however, recommend that you bring along a SASE large enough to fit your needles into, just in case.  even though they are not on the TSA banned list, it is up to the discretion of the security checkers.  i used one of those tyvek envelopes that won't rip, and i just leave it in my carry-on so that i have it, just in case.

there's a permanent thread at the top of the discussions & questions section of this board that discusses it. =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2006 08:26:44 AM »

That looks great, knitchick2!  I've been lurking on this kal a while admiring everyone's prairie tunics. 

I'm thinking of doing this in hemp (the yarn that's recommended for the maze hats in the current knitty).  Not that I have the time, so it's kind of silly.  But it's true that I am *thinking* of it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lambsear
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006 11:44:45 AM »

I'm still hanging in there, about 10" into the front.    I had to pause to knock out a pair of socks for the Afghan refugees, but I'm back in the saddle.  Digicam has moved on to Belgium without me, but I've actually gone so far as to buy a new one for myself, so by the time it arrives I should be ready to provide you all with some actual photos of this thing on a human body.  I can't wait to wear this top-- the linen yarn is so crisp and summery, the color a nicer raspberry than it looks like in the photos, and it'll reveal my summer swimming shoulders.  Soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lambsear
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006 04:17:01 PM »

Ok, so it's not on my body yet...but judging from the deafening silence around here, neither is anyone else's.  (excepting the uncannily fast Juniperl, of course). 

Here it is relaxing on my porch:

And here's a closeup of my racerback part:   I was again distracted by another quick project... I've got a niece on the way, and suddenly this fetus needed a little raspberry hat.  I just joined a swap, too, so you can bet more distractions will be coming.  I may end up wearing this under an overcoat in December, but I will persevere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2006 05:16:06 PM »

you are so almost there! and that color is beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
hollydeanna
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2006 06:43:42 AM »

I promise to post soon.  I've been distracted re-working and re-sizing an older project for a friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.  --Andy Warhol
supermitaines
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2006 06:53:57 AM »

Lambsear I loooove the color you're knitting it in.  It's very summer-y and girly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the ramblings

http://supermitaines.blogspot.com
lambsear
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2006 11:42:54 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement, everybody! When I think it's going slowly, I just try to remember there are no sleeves looming ahead.  Just finish the front and I'm ready to go.  The sad thing about this great color is that I got this yarn for cheap because this color is being discontinued Undecided.  Awww.  Back to knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tricoteuse
Sticks and Needles

Je dis Aime.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2006 09:29:31 PM »

This thread has inspired me to pick my tunic back up and finish it already.  I knit up the back pretty quickly a few weeks ago; I got almost halfway through the front and got sidetracked by a pair of socks.  Damn socks--how they tempt me!

But yeah, I'm using Patons Grace in a yellow champagne-y color that is just gorgeous.  I'll try to put up some in-progress pics soon.

A+!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Studio-Quality Pictures at Home
Types of Lights for Photography
How to Take Pictures of Food
How to Set Up a Home-Based Photo Studio
Studio Light Set Up For a White Background
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...