A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: **Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes from Ticketmaster this month!  Enter now through MAY 20.  Good luck, Craftsters!!
Total Members: 309,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I love Mexico Swap 2  (Read 20193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 17, 2006 12:00:56 AM »

Post em here!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
dianajeanne
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006 11:54:25 AM »

Any body receive yet?   Huh  I can hardly contain myself, I want to see what everyone got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006 02:13:15 PM »

Any body receive yet?   Huh  I can hardly contain myself, I want to see what everyone got!

Shocked The post office website says YOU received  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
porfiry

Freedom! Forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006 02:23:29 PM »

The Post Office website says that alwaysinmyroom received today also!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006 02:54:07 PM »

Did I receive?  You betcha!!!!!!EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came home from work saw the package on the table but I had to pee, so I grabbed the box on the way and opened it while, uh, you know...my bathroom looks like the post office blew up the package--peanuts and paper everywhere! I was so excited , and I keep squealing after every goodie!  I thought I was going to have to restrain myself because I did not want to post until my awesome swap partner was back in town!

I will take pics and hopefully post a bit later---get ready to squeal along with me!!! EEEEEEEEEEE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

InkKitten
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006 05:08:01 PM »

no no no no ya'll dont get it . . sadly . . .

I come home today and what do i find on my doorstep but a BIG OL BOX of swap anxiety.  funny , i didn't know you could pack and ship that . . but alwaysinmyroom FREAKING ROCKS!!!

i'm really sorry to everyone else in the swap who's package wont ROCK nearly as much as mine Wink hehe j/k . . . . but really alwaysinmyroom, you outdid yourself girl!  . . i could probably write a novel of all the nice things that were in my package today.  . . . but i need to gather my thoughts so i dont have to write said novel.

all i have to say right now is that i LOVE everything and that

ALWAYSINMYROOM = AWESOMENESS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
http://Http://www.luckyeddie.net
yea, i didn't think so . . .
amaryllisroze

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006 05:58:41 PM »

WE WANT PICTURES!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006 07:07:02 PM »

Ok--now that I have calmed down and had a chance to spend personal, quality time with my loot..

My swap partner was porfiry.  I had the opportunity to make stuff for her in an earlier swap but basically, we knew nothing about each other...

First pic of most of the goodies:

A gorgeous painted box, chili pepper earrings, necklace that says "Suerte" (translation=luck), Mexican vintage print postcards, box of loteria cards!, hot hot hot sauce, resin magnets with Mexican pics and word....personal card! The postcard out front is a Mexican cowgirl--I collect those but she had no idea....spooky, huh!

Close ups:

Top and inside of the box--isn't the heart in the box just too much?

My favorite side--I love cats! Did you paint all those dots???

My favorite side (oops--two favorites)!

Chili pepper earring (which I am wearing!) and necklace!--it is adjustable, too!

Resin magnets--porfiry sent one that is el pescado--did she know I was a Pisces?  My fav!!

OK--now, for the grand finale, my favorite, and I might just have to take him to work with me:

TA-DA--my very own El esqueleto!!! I have no idea how she made him but he moves and sits, and here is his face:

and here is in full regalia--you cannot believe how beautiful he is and he will have a special place for all to see him!

Thank you so much porfiry!!!! You are an awesome painter and creative person!  I love everything especially the fact that it has been a while since my hubby has heard me squeal like a pig!!! EEEEEEEEEE!

May the crafts goddesses be with you and may all of you get her as a partner in the future!! Thanks and let the envy begin!!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 02:09:29 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006 07:09:38 PM »

Excellent stuff! I love the Oaxacan style of the cats on the box!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

InkKitten
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006 07:37:26 PM »

DARN!! alwaysinmyroom beat me to posting pics . . . . BEWARE!!! LOADS OF PICTURES TO FOLLOW!!!

ok first up is an AWESOME chili pepper shaped zipper pouch, in her note she said that honey and i would have to fight over it, well, we're going to share it. i get to carry it in my purse, but it's got all her finger nail stuff in it.

ok then a really REALLY cool senorita zipper bag . . . i'm now using this for all my art supplies such as pencils  and sketch book because i can NEVER find m pencil or sketchbook!this also goes in my purse:

LOVE this fabric this is one of the Hubby's favorites

then i got this rocking wall art . . thing . .  this is too freaking cool . . it's already up (and alwaysinmyroom, i would re-gift this OVER MY DEAD BODY, AND they'd have to pry it from my COLD DEAD HANDS) . . . this is a mexican cowgirl mounted on a board that was a part of her HOUSE!! i LOVE THIS however i couldn't take a pic with the flash, perhaps  you have a better pic alwaysinmyroom?

AND  if all that wasn't enough, i got some knitting supplies . . DH said "you always need more yarn"  . . =) i've trained him well . .

BUT WAIT!!! there's LOTS MORE!!!!

possibly the coolest totebag EVER created :

close up of the COOL COOL COOL fabric . . Hubby loves this too . .  it's skeletons and lizards playing music . . which is RIGHT up my alley!

then the crowning glory . . . .

i COULD NOT STOP smiling at my honey as the most beautiful senorita on the block . . the "top" is just pinned for now as she didn't have exact dog measurements so i'll whip it up soon, but for pictures sake i just pinned it . . . i'm also thinking that it's supposed to go around her backside, but it WAY easier to take good pictures when she can see my hand signals . . Wink

ALSO she sent me her husband's CD . . through our communication for this swap, we found out that her hubby is a drummer, and i'm a drummer too. they recorded a ROCKIN cd and donated all the profits to hurricane katrina victims . . *misting up* they're both so kind hearted and generous!!!

all in all i am SOOO SPOILED! the quality of this stuff is AMAZING to anyone that gets her in the future YOU ARE JUST AS LUCKY AS ME!!!  thank you cant even describe the way i feel right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
http://Http://www.luckyeddie.net
yea, i didn't think so . . .
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetable & Steak Grilled Kebabs
How to Cook Grilled Fruit
Anna Wolf Shares Her Unique Mustard Recipe
Glazed Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole Recipe
Comfort Food Recipes - Mashed Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...