A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Smokers Ages 18+ Swap  (Read 8189 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 16, 2006 07:50:59 PM »

Here's the gallery!  Post'em when you get'em!

Here's the link to the original thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=88842.0

Also, in case no one is still checking the other thread, here is is the status list of everyone.  Please let me know when you send and receive.

PARTNER LIST
BLUE = SENT
PURPLE = RECEIVED
ORANGE = SENT & RECEIVED
TEAL = LATE BUT COMMUNICATING
RED = LATE - CONTACT ME ASAP

redpopsicles ------------------->IamTheShelbster
d---------------------------------->glassatana
IamTheShelbster------------->sephe711
sephe711----------------------->doggurl
Starwings20-------------------->vagina star
monoped------------------------>morbid_lady
morbid_lady--------------------->monoped
glasskatana---------------------->d
yirq-------------------------------->redpopsicles
doggurl-------------------------->yirq
vagina star---------------------->Starwings20
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006 10:19:31 PM by redpopsicles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AllieStar
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006 10:17:35 AM »

I just received my package from the fabulous Starwings20! Woo, that was FAST! She made so many cool things!! I'll be posting pictures this evening (waiting for the battery to my cam to finish charging). I can't believe how awesome everything is, I felt like it was my birthday unwrapping everything!!! And now I wish I could've made her way more things, worked harder on my projects, etc... Her things are so cool, thank you Jennifer!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
DogGrrl
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006 02:49:00 PM »

Yay, I received too!  Thanks sooo much sephe711!  I love everything!  My bf took my camera for the weekend so I will post pics as soon as I get it back.  Thanks again!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AllieStar
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006 11:52:09 AM »

I meant to post these pictures last night, but I went to bed early like an old lady. Anyway, I've been raving to everyone about these awesome crafts I received from Starwings20! This girl has major talent, I would've never imagined this was her 1st swap! Cheesy

Everything together.. (don't worry, I've got more pics to show!)

I mentioned to Starwings20 in our emails back & forth that I collect all kinds of things, including pirate stuff. Here's a really funky coaster she made (in pink, my favorite color!). Notice that she also added a sprinkle of tobacco inside the coaster. I don't know how she did it, but I love how unique it is!

A crocheted ashtray with a cig! Too cool! Grin It looks so real!! I plan on using this as a pincushion for sewing. Or just leaving this out on the coffeetable and seeing how many people think it's real, LOL!

Here's a box that she included a (sweet!) letter inside. It's so cool, you just open the box by the velcro, and store things inside! Here's what the inside looks like:

Lots of little stars (which we both like!).. this girl knows the way to my heart Cheesy

Check this out... she MADE this ashtray! It matches the coaster pictured above, it's pink and features a snazzy pirate lighting his cigarette! Unfortunately, the wrapping paper stuck a little bit to the gloss over the pirate (probably while it was on it's way through many states to get here, we live on opposite ends of USA!), but I plan on cleaning it up a bit and getting that off. Then using it as a change-holder or to drop my keys in when I come home. I don't want to use it as an ashtray because I'm too scared I'll ruin it. I love it!!!

Yep, that's a crocheted ciggy/lighter holder that she made me in the 2 colors I told her that I love (pink & black)! Thank you so much Starwings20, this is my favorite gift ever! My cigarettes and lighter fit perfectly inside! Also, she made a shrinkydink charm that says "ALLIE'S SMOKES". Too awesome!!!  Grin Oh, but that's just the beginning of the shrinkydink charm heaven she sent...

Coffee stirrers! With shrinkydink charms at the end! That are personalized!!!! Yay!!! (Sorry, I'm still a little excited over these!) She included these because she found out I love coffee, and of course coffee & cigarettes go together perfectly. They're really cool, I hope you can read in the picture some of the sayings: "Allie's coffee", "The best part of waking up!" (I sing the  Folgers coffee commercial everytime I read that!), and "Cigarette please!" These are so cool! Cheesy

Sorry, I'm still way excited over my gifts from Starwings20! I LOVE everything she made!!!! I plan on using everything. I can't thank you enough Jennifer! THANK YOU!!!!!! You're so talented and creative and so sweet!!!

Now I totally think my sent items suck compared to hers  Undecided
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006 11:58:54 AM by vagina star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
Yirq
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006 06:43:39 PM »

I received the most incredible items from Dogrrl!

An amazing tote and matching cigarette pack holder. The fabric is awesome but the handmade cigarette buttons are INCREDIBLE! She even sent me extras. A portable ashtray that can hold breathstrips lighter and cigarettes. Ashtrays for around the house with smoking ladies on them. AND a vintage Salem thermostat.

I LOVE everything! Thank you again so much Dogrrl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006 11:25:31 PM »

As an ex-smoker, I have to say this:

(No, I'm not going to preach.)

Hahahahaha! What a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DogGrrl
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006 08:21:02 PM »

Yay, I got my camera back!  This is the great package I got from sephe711!

some cute wine charms which combine 2 of my favorite bad habits, smoking and drinking wine!

Two ashtrays.  One is hand painted and the other is an ashtray "to go" and it's personalized!

The sweetest cigarette holder - I am in love with this fabric!

The greatest pin cushion EVER!!!!  I totally cracked up when I saw it and I love the way it reminds me to take a break from the sewing machine!!!

She also sent me some great magnets that I didn't get a picture of before my camera battery died.

Thanks so much sephe711 - I love everything!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 02:10:21 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Starwings20
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006 03:27:51 PM »

Everything you guys got is so cute! What good ideas I really like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sephe711
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006 06:09:17 PM »

Shura (DogGrrl), I am so glad that you like everything Smiley I was so worried, this being my first swap and all. Thank goodness the cig holder fits your smokes... I didn't have a pack of 100's to work from, nor a pattern... needless to say it took a few attempts, but when I saw the fabric it just seemed to perfectly fit what you said you liked.

I received from IamtheShelbster... no worries about being a little late on the send-out... I just hope your ankle is feeling better! Since my camera is old and a POS, I have yet to post pics, though I will as soon as I have the patience to mess with it. I got a piece of artwork in a funky frame, a decopaged asktray and tin. Thanks Shelby!

This was such a fun swap... I'm looking forward to joining a few more Smiley

<3 Theresa / sephe711
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://hairfiles.tripod.com/ - Check out my hair website - "The Hairfiles"
IamTheShelbster
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006 01:24:51 AM »

Yay! I'm awesome to see everyones crafts!  As well as post my photos as soon as I get my camera working...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Manage "2nd Day" Hair
How to Style Half Up Prom Hair
Fashion Phenomenon: The Colourists’ Bar
Festival De Cannes 2014: Beauty Rendezvous with Dessange and Dior
How to Style a Messy Bun with Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...