A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lotus Blossom Tank KAL from Summer 06 IK  (Read 3783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angellical
« on: May 15, 2006 07:19:59 PM »

How about a Lotus Blossom tank KAL?

I was in the 7th row of the second pattern repeat when I noticed two dropped stitches. I tried to pick them up but the holes didn't look right...and then I realized that the tank looked a little big. I took it off the needles and measure--it was 42" in diameter unstretched! I was knitting the smallest size!

I used the specified needles and yarn and I cast on the correct amount of stitches. Anyone else have this problem? The lace is very stretchy too.

I didn't check my gauge, but I typically knit a little tight. Is this what I get for not checking gauge? Ahhh!

-a
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006 07:50:54 PM »

I just started this. It does seem big on the needles and very stretchy. I'm using # 5 needles and Knitpicks Shine in Crocus. I may rip the few rows I've done and use some 3's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yuvee
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006 10:24:41 AM »

I love the top....too bad the sleeves would make me looks like I've got KingKong's arms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006 10:35:03 AM »

I'm a little worried about the lace stretching and making me look pregnant. I think I'm gonna go down to size 3 needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angellical
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006 07:39:33 AM »

I cast on 140 stitches instead of 200 on size 5 needles because my 6 needles are 29". So far it looks a lot better.

I'm dreading the math later on for decreases since this will be my first shaped garment; my finished projects include scarves, mittens, and a penguin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitbit
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006 11:02:36 AM »

I cast on for this a few days ago; i just started the forth repeat of the lace pattern.  I'm finding it pretty easy to work; it's symmetrical enough that I've been able to spot any mistakes before i get to the end of the round.  I'll post a pic latter today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pics
Blog

"All art is subversive." -Pablo Picasso
m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006 06:50:21 PM »

i'm planning to make this one.  i've had 3 skeins of swtc bamboo for a few years now.  i'm planning to make it longer by using all 3 skeins.

are you guys using the recommended yarn? just curious.

and angellical, it might be worth it to check your gague just to be sure.  i always thought i was a tight knitter, until i worked a few gague swatches.  turns out i usually need to size down at least 2 needle sizes on almost every pattern.  i swear, these people must be pulling their stitches super rock hard tight!

as soon as i finish my prairie tunic, i'll get started on this.
a*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
angellical
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006 05:45:11 AM »

My digital camera broke earlier this week Sad so I can't post any pictures. I am buying another one later today.

I currently have 5 repeats and I probably have 2-3 to go before I stop because I want it to hit my hip.

m*babylon,

I've done some swatches in the past and I usually come out with half a stitch or 1 more stitch than the specified gauge if I use the recommended needle size. I read a thread in Knitty that SWTC Bamboo is difficult to knit to the gauge on the ball band.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-a
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006 02:19:36 PM »

I'm in!  Not sure when I will start - it might not be for a few more weeks.  I just bought my yarn - SWTC Bamboo in a variegated color.  Here's a photo:

I'm going to play with the gauge of this one, since the first two bust sizes are either too big or too small.  So I will probably be using smaller needles, too.  Can't wait to see some photos of y'all's progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
angellical
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006 07:49:11 AM »

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed an error in the pattern?

After the lace pattern is complete and you knit 3" in stockinette, and begin the shaping, the number of stitches adds up to 195, not 200. Apologies for the vagueness--I don't have the pattern with me now.

I have 168 stitches (increased from 140) so I'm trying to figure out how many to have for the front and the back sections. However, if you read further, it seems that you're supposed to pretty much divide the stitches in half.

Thanks!

-A
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Sixties Make a Comeback in 2013
Giving a Modern Look to the Princess Dress
The Ideal Look for Autumn
Top 4 Fall Looks That Transition Day to Night
Spring Trend Report: Loafers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...