A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 306,460
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: day in the life photo swap, round 2! (signups closed: mail by 6/25/06)  (Read 21097 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006 10:57:55 AM »

This swap sounds so awesome, I'm trying to think of how I can participate even though I'm on vacation until the send out date... I missed out on all of the photo swaps before but they sounded like so much fun!  I'm totally thinking about this one... I really want to make it work.

Maybe you can take pictures of your daily life and some of your vacation.. and ask mjadams and your partner if you could send out a few days late. I'm sure they wouldn't mind... well actually I'm not sure but most organizers are pretty nice about it if you communicate well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bente
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006 11:02:57 AM »

I will visit a rockabilly festival during the time, hope I can make some good pics  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/fraudeutz
The only difference between tattooed and untattooed people is that tattooed people are way more cool and can kick some ass *gg*
TheWorldFamous

Gotta Love Me Cuz I'm Famous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006 12:03:38 PM »

Oh this sounds so exciting!  I sent my stuff in last night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mjadams
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006 02:57:53 PM »

hey guys! i know i have to check my pms and update the list, i will do it tonight. and i am going to extended the send out date too, so that everyone can join and so that no one needs to rush:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006 03:50:30 PM »

Questions: 

I not much of a scrapbooker can I "present" my photos in a different format besides a scrapbook?

Also, can I take pictures over a longer period of time, longer than just one week? As long as I make the deadline of course and have the minimum number of photos. Say snap pictures every other day so I get two weekends worth of pictures and less "this is my cube at work" "this is me exhausted after work" "this is my cube at work" "this is me exhausted after work" "this is my cube at work" "this is me exhausted after work"   

TEE-DEE-US!  Undecided

If I could get at least two weekends in I could get in Memorial Day weekend in which I have tons of activities planned and then the weekend after in which I have a slacker weekend planned. Then lots of "this is my cube at work" "this is me exhausted after work" "this is my cube at work" "this is me exhausted after work" "this is my cube at work" "this is me exhausted after work" and Target runs to buy TP for our bungholes (and such fun and exciting things that must get done) in the middle! You know the true "a day in the life" and some fun and interesting things too. Because next weekend is not really a normal day in the life but it is a day in the life when I have guests in town and when my brother-in-law is not deployed to some foreign country (Army) and is in town. So it has more value and interest level.

I just figured I'd check out the parameters before I signed up for something I could not deliver on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mjadams
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006 04:28:37 PM »

hi pink k!
  Of course! feel free to present your photos anyway you want, just let your partner know. I was going to do a bit of a visual diary, with a CD too, since music is such a huge part of my life.
    Go ahead and spread the photos out for as long as you'd like! I just said week in the life as a theme of the swap...so people would show more of their life. The snapping/crafting period is going to be a month long, so use the time however you see fit. I plan on taking photos for longer than a week myself.

Did that help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006 04:38:45 PM »

hi pink k!
  Of course! feel free to present your photos anyway you want, just let your partner know. I was going to do a bit of a visual diary, with a CD too, since music is such a huge part of my life.
    Go ahead and spread the photos out for as long as you'd like! I just said week in the life as a theme of the swap...so people would show more of their life. The snapping/crafting period is going to be a month long, so use the time however you see fit. I plan on taking photos for longer than a week myself.

Did that help?

Perfect! I just didn't want to do just a week and be BOOOOOOOORING when I could spread it out a bit more and do something a bit more interesting but also include the realistic dull side of my life. I want it to be a balance.

I LOVE you CD idea! I did a power point for my high school reunion complete with music and everything last year that was a hoot! That definately suits me better than the typical scrapbook! Music is HUGE to me and I minored in film so this is a way to put things in more of a story board format complete with the soundtrack!

OK I'm totally in! I'll send you my info before I crash tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006 04:44:43 PM »

I feel like a dork! I hadn't posted here yet. Yeah, I'm going to take a ton of pictures of my new craft room, my hubby/puppy/fishies/froggies, my work... Ooh I'm excited. Mine is going to be more of a scrapbook kind of presentation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
craft_t_chic
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006 04:50:49 PM »

*sigh* If only I weren't so damn stubborn/lazy about developing pictures! I'm still deciding...I've got until Thursday, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006 04:52:43 PM »

It'll be fun! By the way I like your new avatar. I know you've had it a while, but since you're here and I'm here, well you know.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Learn Oil Painting
How to Get a Canvas Ready for Oils Paints
How to Paint Skies with Oil Paints
How to Paint on a Canvas with Oil Paints
How to Paint Trees Using Oil Paints
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Your Own Patron Saint
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...