A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yay! I just finished my first Chelsea bag  (Read 2801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftMomNancy
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006 03:57:08 PM »

I keep coming back to look at this bag. I must find some of that fabric. Do you know the name of it? I was trying to find it on JoAnnfabric.com but didn't have any luck. I will check my store this week but the JoAnn's here is sort of pitiful.
Nancy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006 06:16:29 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous!!  I love your fabric!!  Grin Grin

I have to agree about the handles of this pattern being very frustrating, I have this pattern too and find the handles my least favorite part.  Also the handles really do need extra padding, the handles on my first attempt bunched up and now look all bent out of shape.  I saw an example at a local quilting store where they used batting as thier interfacing and it was very sturdy. 

Great job for your first time, the holes for the handles look perfect in your pictures.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006 03:01:48 PM »

I keep coming back to look at this bag. I must find some of that fabric. Do you know the name of it? I was trying to find it on JoAnnfabric.com but didn't have any luck. I will check my store this week but the JoAnn's here is sort of pitiful.
Nancy

I actually don't know the name of the fabric. I'm sorry! It was with the home decor cottons. Next time I'm at Joann's, I'll try to remember to look for it again and jot down the name.

Absolutely gorgeous!!  I love your fabric!!  Grin Grin

I have to agree about the handles of this pattern being very frustrating, I have this pattern too and find the handles my least favorite part.  Also the handles really do need extra padding, the handles on my first attempt bunched up and now look all bent out of shape.  I saw an example at a local quilting store where they used batting as thier interfacing and it was very sturdy. 

Did the batting cause it to be any harder to turn inside out? I may have to try that on the next one. It seems that if I use the bag lightly, and don't load it down with stuff, it should hold up okay. But, I agree that the handle area needs some more reinforcing. The handles are a pain -- which is sad since it's what really caught my eye about the pattern in the first place. I guess you can't really see the strays unless you look closely. But it still annoys me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006 07:00:01 AM »

No, it wasn't difficult to turn inside out with the batting. 

i know what you mean about the strays on the handles, there has to be a way to do them without all the strings. 

great job though! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blonenomore
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006 07:07:35 AM »

Great bag.  Funny thing I made a Amy Butler InTown bag out of the same exact fabric.  Once I figure out how to post pictures I will post it.
Very cute.  I love her patterns and her fabric!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"buckleberry ferry follow me..."
itsnikki
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006 04:55:40 PM »

Pretty!:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.

My LJ

-Add me to your livejournal, and I'll add you back!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet K.L. Cao of SecretLifeofaBioNerd
Meet Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg
Meet Cara Brook of Maskcara
Meet Nail Expert Sophy Robson
Get a Saturday Night Disco Look with Binky Felstead
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...