A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Jeans...Any Suggestions??  (Read 2147 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green_day_gurl_
Daddy's Little Defect.

If everything's embarassing, you'll never have fun

View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2004 05:55:42 PM »

Okay.  I have a pair of old jeans that don't fit me anymore (which is probably a good thing...they're so old and the fabric is worn in places so that they have holes in spots you really don't want holes...lol), and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions of what I should do with them (keep in mind that I don't own a sewing machine, but I do sew).

Please help me!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I am I because I am I and you are you because you are you, then I am I and you are you. However, if I am I because you are you and you are you because I am I, then I am not I and you are not you."
-Rabbi Menachem Mendl of Kotzk

.::Renae::.
awesomepossum
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004 06:00:17 PM »

my mom makes bags out of old jeans by cutting the legs off at the crotch and sewing it together there. then you use the leg remnants to makes straps like a backpack. personaly i think these bags are kinda dumb and i dont like them but some people do. just an idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twitching_cheerio
Moody Teen

fyi...thats not me...thats KAC :or: Kevin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004 08:08:12 PM »

erm...*thinks hard* yea i dont have a sweing machine either and what i did witha  pair of jeans that were actually too big, but its basically the same thing, was made a skirt. just make a basic jeans skirt and cit it off at like half the length (you can always make it sorter) and you can cut the sides open and use the exess fabric tobo the out sides and make it bigger. haha sory if this is too confusing...ill make pictures
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not all Scars Show
Not all wounds heal
Sometimes you can't always see
The pain someone feels

|K|e|v|i|n| |A|l|e|x|a|n|d|e|r| |C|l|a|r|k|
my Anti-Drug
twitching_cheerio
Moody Teen

fyi...thats not me...thats KAC :or: Kevin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004 01:04:59 PM »

OMG im so sorry it took me so long for this...i really havent been home ok...here we go.

first start with your jeans then make a regular skirt. like bye cutting the crotch part open and sewing the two legs together. im assuming you know how to do that. Only sew about halfway. mabe  a little more. then cut it to the length you want it to be. has to be at least half way: then cut open the seans so its like to pieces heres what it should look like: then cut off a bit of the extra material as wide as you need for the skirt to fit. sew it to the front... then sew the back to it to the same on the other side if needed. you might wanna do a little on both sides or a lot on one. you also don't need to use the same fabric.you could a different one. hope I helped
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not all Scars Show
Not all wounds heal
Sometimes you can't always see
The pain someone feels

|K|e|v|i|n| |A|l|e|x|a|n|d|e|r| |C|l|a|r|k|
my Anti-Drug
green_day_gurl_
Daddy's Little Defect.

If everything's embarassing, you'll never have fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004 01:25:58 PM »

thanks for helping Smiley
I made a skirt out of the jeans before you did the pictures, but that's basically what I did anyways ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I am I because I am I and you are you because you are you, then I am I and you are you. However, if I am I because you are you and you are you because I am I, then I am not I and you are not you."
-Rabbi Menachem Mendl of Kotzk

.::Renae::.
meowbaby
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004 09:29:44 AM »

Cut off the waistband, button it and cut it in half widthwise. Trim both cut ends until the length of the waistband is equal to the circumfrence of your neck, stitch the cut ends back together with needle and thread or your handy dandy sewing machine, and voila! An easy, beautiful denim choker to wear and impress all your friends!

check it out: http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v361/meowbaby/
password: stinkykittybreath

ciao
K
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004 08:39:29 PM »

Great fabric for other projects--
I have lots of old jeans that my husband wears out.  If you cut off the legs and cut down the outer seam, you have a lot of fabric that's usable.  I cut the entire outer seam off, as it's so bulky.  You can iron it out flat and use fusible webbing (or sew) to join the edges for projects such as pillow covers for throw pillows.  Denim is so durable that it wears really well as throw pillow fabric. 

I hope this gives you some good ideas...sorry it's not a clothing related project, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick Calligrphy Tools
How to Apply Calligraphy Tools
How to Draw a Manga Character
How to Draw Charcoal Portraits
How to Draw Still Life
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...