A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving to Phoenix  (Read 10380 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

d_hansbury

Macabre connoisseur

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2005 09:42:17 AM »

My fiance is an aspiring knitter but has put it on hold to finish her college work. I see that most of the fun stuff is happening in Phoeniz and north of that. Is Tucson exciting at all as far as crafts are concerned? I'm a bookbinder/wood worker and my fiance loves paper and 3D dolls, are we going to have to travel far to get supplies?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2005 10:09:58 AM »

My fiance is an aspiring knitter but has put it on hold to finish her college work. I see that most of the fun stuff is happening in Phoeniz and north of that. Is Tucson exciting at all as far as crafts are concerned? I'm a bookbinder/wood worker and my fiance loves paper and 3D dolls, are we going to have to travel far to get supplies?

Thanks!

i'm probably biased, but phoenix seems to have the most of everything rolled into one. other towns/cities may have certain stores that are even better than the ones in phoenix, but phoenix will be the place that has stuff for all of your different needs. then again, i've only lived in the vicinity of phoenix...so what do i know. Smiley  btw, saw your site and love the illustrations. you both are so talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lorin

live fast, die pretty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005 02:06:01 PM »

Hey, I just moved to PHX (Ahwatukee...) two months ago, and not to knock my old town, but the crafting scene is definately a little bit better here. Aside from a craft store employee attempting to persuade me that a product I'd bought there a few days ago they'd never carried, it's cooler. I didn't know anyone who did anything crafty in TX (they're out there, just not in Plano I guess...) but since I've been here I've met a lot of people at my school who embroider etc.
This thread is definately a big help  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_Lorin
tinafish
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005 02:20:46 PM »

hi lorin!

welcome! i'm in ahwatukee too! 48th st and ray. yay i have a craftster buddy near by! glad you like it here so far. wait till you get settled..if you haven't already...there are great knick knacks and crafty surprises all around town.  Smiley see ya around.

tina

Hey, I just moved to PHX (Ahwatukee...) two months ago, and not to knock my old town, but the crafting scene is definately a little bit better here. Aside from a craft store employee attempting to persuade me that a product I'd bought there a few days ago they'd never carried, it's cooler. I didn't know anyone who did anything crafty in TX (they're out there, just not in Plano I guess...) but since I've been here I've met a lot of people at my school who embroider etc.
This thread is definately a big help  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NeonMartini
Vintage Visionista & Frugal Funk Princess

Vintage Junkies Unite!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005 10:11:37 PM »

I live in PHX as well, but I'm in the city. There are sooooo many awesome thrifts and such here, we should start a PHX thrift store thread...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellarswizzle
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005 04:41:19 PM »

I seriously live right down the street from you beppycat. Well, the street being Alma School, and me being at Guadalupe. Yay for living on the edge of four different cities/towns!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Yummy Mummy
Super Bowl Chili Beans and Rice Recipe
Cherry Crunch Dessert Recipe
Butterscotch Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Dark Chocolate Wheat Thins Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...