A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Fave Character Swap (SIGNUPS 5/14 - 5/28; MAIL BY 6/19/06)  (Read 19002 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinxerb377

Bloody Hell!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2006 06:26:08 PM »

I hope my post didnt offend anybody ... I just HATE Snape ... maybe I should get some Snape crafts and learn to apreciate his "dirty evilness" Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inside every HEART with dust, there lies a creature called LUST.
cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2006 06:29:29 PM »

If you are looking for more specific fic recs, here is my absolute favorite story of all time: http://www.obscurusbooks.org/html/Hayseed/Thursdays/. It's called "Getting the Hang of Thursdays," and it's so good I've often been tempted to print it out and bind it so I can have a "real" copy and not have to sit in front of the computer when I want to read it.

Holy Toledo!  I've stayed away from fanfic because most of what I've read was some combination of overwritten, dreadful, and/or not true to the original characters.  (I get to read poorly written text all day -- why would I do it on my own time?!)

Getting the Hang of Thursdays has single-handedly redeemed fanfiction for me.  That is an amazing work -- I couldn't stop reading!  Thank you so much for sharing the link, ourglasslake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2006 06:36:02 PM »

I hope my post didnt offend anybody

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not offended by a differing viewpoint.  Part of the fun of swaps like this one is that you have the potential to stretch outside your comfort zone and push yourself a little, creatively.  If you want to, that is.

On the other hand, I don't buy for a second that Snape is evil.  There's a discussion in a previous HP swap thread about Snape as Judas.  Makes as much sense as any other explanation I've read, especially given Rowling's tendency to use and elude to existing myth in her work.

/end litgeek mode  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2006 06:41:28 PM »

[/end litgeek mode  Cheesy

hee hee  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2006 07:36:16 PM »

Thanks for bringing up the Snape/Judas post, Cinderly!  That would have probably been mine.  It's my pet theory.  It dovetails nicely with JK's style, doesn't it?

*sigh* Getting the Hang of Thursdays is wonderful, isn't it?  It's well written, logical and uses a lot of intelligence.

Yep, differing viewpoints are always good, just try to keep it nice and be open-minded!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kristen81
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2006 07:47:54 PM »

Getting the Hang of Thursdays has single-handedly redeemed fanfiction for me.  That is an amazing work -- I couldn't stop reading!  Thank you so much for sharing the link, ourglasslake!

Yes indeed!!!  Thanks for that one, I was reading it all day at work today after it was posted in this thread!  I haven't got all the way through it so PLEASE NO SPOILERS.

QUESTIONS!!!

1.  Were we supposed to pick more than one fave character???

2.  Should we maybe see how far everyone has read in the books before we start posting spoilers here (don't want to ruin it for everyone)Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
redpopsicles

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2006 07:52:05 PM »

I listed 2 faves and 2 houses.  I also have read all the books so many times I can't even count, and I've seen all the movies.  Just FYI, if we're taking a poll. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristen81
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2006 07:55:47 PM »

Ok, I just listed one fave, but I'll confer with my partner...

I've read all the way through too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
SevsOnlyGirl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2006 08:00:40 PM »

Yes, we do have to be careful so as not to spoil anyone's surprise.  I know that at least one person here just recently finished the 6th book.  We discussed the BIG surprise out of that book in PM's instead of in the thread. 

Once we get partners, you can decide if you want to craft for one fave character or two or whatever you two are comfortable with.  We just want to make the crafting specific to characters and not houses.  Favorite house is a separate swap that we'll be doing down the line - was it 3rd on the list?

Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ourglasslake
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2006 08:13:17 PM »

SevsOnlyGirl -- either soulmates, or just people with incredibly good taste! Wink

cinderly and Kristen81, I'm so glad you like the story! One reason I'd never send people to fanfiction.net is because there is a lot of crap there. There are gems hidden here and there, but if you don't know what you're looking for, it's easy to dismiss the entire fandom as made up of crappy writers who can't spell.

And here's another link for everyone, but stay away if you haven't read book 6!: http://www.geocities.com/snapeisgood. I think it explains why a lot of us who still like Snape feel the way we do. I know that I agree with most of the stuff on the site, and noticed a lot of it myself when I first read book 6. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Sony Vegas Pro
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Windows Movie Maker
How to Create HD Videos with Windows Movie Maker
How to Make Your Own Watermark for Your Videos
How to Achieve High Quality Using Hypercam 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...