A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Fave Character Swap (SIGNUPS 5/14 - 5/28; MAIL BY 6/19/06)  (Read 19739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2006 06:58:38 PM »

Hedwig?  Dobby?  They're all characters as far as I'm concerned.  Whatever your fave is will be fine.  Nearly Headless Nick?  A character!

Kristen81 - don't get us wrong, movie Snape is wonderful, but he's still Alan Rickman.  Book Snape is (correct me if I'm wrong ladies) slimmer, longer hair, more hooked nose, generally more tormented and unsure of himself than movie Snape.

SeeMe (and anyone else that's not sure):  here's the general guidelines on item size:

Small item:  spend 1-2 hours on it and/or less than $5 in materials

Medium item:  spend 2-4 hours on it and/or $5-10 in materials

Large item:  spend 4+ hours on it and/or $10+ in materials

Ofcourse, as crafters, we probably have lots of "stash" to work with so it wouldn't necessarily cost that much to do.  I normally measure my items in time. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ourglasslake
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2006 11:53:24 PM »

Kristen81 - don't get us wrong, movie Snape is wonderful, but he's still Alan Rickman.  Book Snape is (correct me if I'm wrong ladies) slimmer, longer hair, more hooked nose, generally more tormented and unsure of himself than movie Snape.

Exactly! Not to mention about 20 years younger. Movie!Snape, you want to attend his class so you can hear him talk. Which has its own enjoyment, for sure. But book!Snape...he just breaks your heart and you want to cuddle him and slap him at the same time. He's complex, and complex is sexy to me. Smiley

Or maybe SevsOnlyGirl and I are tainted by our particular fanfiction proclivities? LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2006 01:31:34 AM »

Aside from the teeth (which are supposed to be crookd and yellow) that's about right. Alan Rickman's got a sexy voice, but I just don't think he can pull off Snape. I mean, he's great and all, but there is a huge distinction between Book Snape, and Movie Snape.  Book Snape makes me squee with delight and squirm with pleasure because he's just so awesome, while Movie Snape makes me do the same thing...but for really, really different reasons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
fairyprincessbeaniebaby
"Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?" -Luna Lovegood

thats right. l saw THE ROLLING STONES in concert!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2006 02:16:50 AM »

Aside from the teeth (which are supposed to be crookd and yellow) that's about right. Alan Rickman's got a sexy voice, but I just don't think he can pull off Snape. I mean, he's great and all, but there is a huge distinction between Book Snape, and Movie Snape.  Book Snape makes me squee with delight and squirm with pleasure because he's just so awesome, while Movie Snape makes me do the same thing...but for really, really different reasons.
i get what you mean! i was watching loveactually the other day and alan rickman was in it and cos he looked so different i didnt recognise him (i thought he was lucius!) until i was doing something else and l heard his vioce and  i was all OMG! i cant believe i didnt pick up on that!

i think the book snape is better personality wise and book detail wise, but movie snape just compliments harry and dumby and everyone so well (plus-that voice). but i think thatll change in books 5 n 6 mainly because
  • when they get to that scene in bk5 with harry, snape n the pensieve. the memory...its going to be so heartbreaking. i've never understood that scene. i mean why not just put it in a bottle like dumby did in book 6?
  • the unbreakable curse scene. its too...nice for movie snape

Exactly! Not to mention about 20 years younger. Movie!Snape, you want to attend his class so you can hear him talk. Which has its own enjoyment, for sure. But book!Snape...he just breaks your heart and you want to cuddle him and slap him at the same time. He's complex, and complex is sexy to me. Smiley

Or maybe SevsOnlyGirl and I are tainted by our particular fanfiction proclivities? LOL.
yeah, that makes three of us, my fanfic faves are, well, not the kind you'd mention, well, anywhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd find the prettiest boy in school, take him home and neatly f**k him "
 -David Bowie
"Whether your browning, searing, or just setting things on fire a kitchen blowtorch is fun for the whole family!"
-Tom, QEftSG
http://www.piczo.com/ireallyfancypirates

Lover of all things kitch, retro, and
Kristen81
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2006 05:53:28 AM »

Wow  Shocked 

I've started quite the discussion here! 

Book Snape makes me squee with delight and squirm with pleasure because he's just so awesome, while Movie Snape makes me do the same thing...but for really, really different reasons.

Exactly!!!   Cheesy

Oh, and thanlks for introducing me to the world of fanfiction!!!  Wow!!

Any faves???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2006 06:01:53 AM »

Kristen - this is my fave fanfiction site, but that's because I (and ourglasslake) like Snape/Hermione fanfic:

http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/

All the stories here deal with the Snape/Hermione relationship.  There's the sweet to the raunchy, take your pick!LOL

ourglasslake - exactly!  BookSnape makes you feel sorry for him and detest him at the same time.  I personally thinik that Snape is JK's best character.  He's the only one that I feel is really in the gray area.  99% of her characters are either good or bad, with Snape you just aren't sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fairyprincessbeaniebaby
"Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?" -Luna Lovegood

thats right. l saw THE ROLLING STONES in concert!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2006 07:06:40 AM »

Wow  Shocked 

I've started quite the discussion here! 

Book Snape makes me squee with delight and squirm with pleasure because he's just so awesome, while Movie Snape makes me do the same thing...but for really, really different reasons.

Exactly!!!   Cheesy

Any faves???

it depends what pairing you like...but if you are unsure maybe stick to fanfiction.net until you find your niche?
others are
(note: many/all contain questionable content-mature eyes only!)
fictionalley.org
sugarquill.net
www.harrypotterfanfiction.com
fanfiction.mugglenet.com/
www.veritaserum.com/fanfiction2/
www.salishna.net/hp/
http://www.theorderofthephoenix.net/
www.geocities.com/hermione_draco/
DracoAndGinny.Com
http://www.magicaltheory.com/
fan.untried.net/hd
http://www.schnoogle.com

http://www.portkey.org/
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/
http://www.harrypotterfanzone.com/
www.amanuensis1.com/mainfanficpage.html
this is good
quizilla.com/users/aldalindil/quizzes/ What%20Wildly%20Out-of-Character%20Fanfic%20Snape%20Are%20You%3F

i like harry/draco or harry/snape so although i check out these sometimes, i mostly stick to fanfic.net , as i have developed a slight thing for harry potter/buffy crossovers, (i <3 spike/sirius) so yeah

phew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd find the prettiest boy in school, take him home and neatly f**k him "
 -David Bowie
"Whether your browning, searing, or just setting things on fire a kitchen blowtorch is fun for the whole family!"
-Tom, QEftSG
http://www.piczo.com/ireallyfancypirates

Lover of all things kitch, retro, and
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2006 07:40:09 AM »

fairyprincessbeaniebaby, I totally LOVE love actually.  That is my favorite movie of all time - my "comfort movie".  Did you pick up on the fact that the woman who played Alan Rickman's wife in that movie was Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney)?

I love movie Snape because he's Alan Rickman.  But book Snape, while canon-ly NOT attractive physically, is such a wonderfully complex character, that it is impossible for me not to love him to bits.  Wink  However, I am completely convinced of his goodness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
ourglasslake
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006 07:59:56 AM »

Any faves???

I'll go against the grain here and warn you to stay far, far away from fanfiction.net. If you're not really sure what floats your boat, there are some non-ship-specific moderated archives out there, and that would be the best place to start. I am a purely Snape/Hermione kind of girl, and I hang out at the site SevsOnlyGirl mentioned.

If you are looking for more specific fic recs, here is my absolute favorite story of all time: http://www.obscurusbooks.org/html/Hayseed/Thursdays/. It's called "Getting the Hang of Thursdays," and it's so good I've often been tempted to print it out and bind it so I can have a "real" copy and not have to sit in front of the computer when I want to read it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2006 08:16:16 AM »

OMG!!! ourglasslake - we must be soulmates!!LOL  That is my all time fave fanfic also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I simply can't believe it! How funny.

Maybe you and I SHOULD be paired up and we could each do a bound copy for the other, eh?LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver - Overview
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 4
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 3
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...