A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,652
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Fave Character Swap (SIGNUPS 5/14 - 5/28; MAIL BY 6/19/06)  (Read 19049 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006 07:54:28 AM »

So much for taking a break with swaps. The Harry Potter ones are my favorites!!! I pm'ed my info! Should be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006 08:23:40 AM »

I was afraid the questionnaire would be too much, but there's more to think about this way!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006 08:36:18 AM »

Was anyone else afraid that the limit of 30 would be filled by the time you finished filling out the questions? Lol

I agree that lots of questions can certainly help alot. I just worry that it can stifle creativity sometimes. I don't want someone to think that I MUST receive items from my wishlist or I won't be happy. I also worry that if I go away from someone's wishlist they won't be happy.

But honestly with as many creative minds on craftster, I know everyone will make what they want and think their partner will like. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006 09:01:58 AM »

Yea, I see what you mean Ezri B.  I just end up wondering so many of the things I put on the questionnaire that I thought I'd just put them on.  Ofcourse, you and your partner will probably talk about what you want anyhow!

We've got 12 people interested so far, so that's great!  If we hit 30 before sign-ups end then we'll start crafting early!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Josée~Madalia
HP Crafter at Heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006 10:47:16 AM »

I'm in!

And I see what you mean there Ezri_B... That's why I made a list (though I had a hard time figuring what to put on it exactly!), but I also wrote I liked to be surprise. Honestly, I haven't seen much stuff on here that didn't get me to go Woah! I want one of those Cheesy

And guys! Remember to take pictures/create tutorials as you go along for this swap! We'll add it on The Leaky Cauldron in the Crafts section!! Sorry if I'm an absolute pest about this... I just want to create the biggest HP crafts section known to mankind! Wink

EDIT: Since this is a character swap, how about we write here about who is our favourite character and why? It could promote a nice discussion, and it could eventually give our swap partner some ideas or inspiration?

I first chose Hermione because I can relate to the brainy girl who knows everything. Just like her, I'm often participating in class, and I know that at lower levels in my education, it would sometimes bug other students in the class because I would ask questions, etc. Yet, despite being a know-it-all, Hermione is also a good friend and her advice are appreciated by others.

Second I chose Ginny, because like her, I have that strenght of character and I can relate to her.  Ginny doesn't mind pushing people aside to keep going towards my goal. Ginny has been brought with 6 guys, so she toughened up and now that she's a teen "you'd better wake early" if you want to do something to her, as we'd say in French.

I also threw in Dumbledore because I just like his personality, which I always see as a mix of wisdom and madness. You gotta love the headmaster!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006 11:00:38 AM by Josée~Madalia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Josée
-xxx-
Join my Yahoo Group!
HarryPotterCrafts
[/color]
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006 11:04:23 AM »

Just remember to include your fave character in your PM questionnaire so that it's easier to match up partners!  There's a lot of things that come in play in matching people up and I'm using characters to help it along.

The sign-ups are doing nicely for a first day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Josée~Madalia
HP Crafter at Heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006 11:06:00 AM »

If we get our 30 swappers in like 3 days (which, IMO, will most likely happen!), will you send out partners early? That could give us a little more time to craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Josée
-xxx-
Join my Yahoo Group!
HarryPotterCrafts
[/color]
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006 11:11:55 AM »

Josee - if you look up about 3 posts you'll see that I answered your question before you even asked!LOL

Here it is:

We've got 12 people interested so far, so that's great!  If we hit 30 before sign-ups end then we'll start crafting early!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006 11:56:40 AM »

Thanks for bearing with me on this one!

Bearing with you? I'm just stoked that you're running this lot - so the perfect thing to stop me from overloading on swaps Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
beautifulloser
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006 11:58:59 AM »

Was anyone else afraid that the limit of 30 would be filled by the time you finished filling out the questions? Lol

I agree that lots of questions can certainly help alot. I just worry that it can stifle creativity sometimes. I don't want someone to think that I MUST receive items from my wishlist or I won't be happy. I also worry that if I go away from someone's wishlist they won't be happy.

But honestly with as many creative minds on craftster, I know everyone will make what they want and think their partner will like. Smiley

I really liked the list, I think it will help me with ideas, but I do hope that we can stray from the list, making something cool they didn't mention, and I hope my partner will do the same for me if there is something she wants to make that I didn't think of.

Can't wait to find out who my partner will be...

Yes, i was afraid of i was taking too long to type, and might miss the 30 limit, hope i made it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Filter Pane in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Organize and Analyze the Images in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Customize the Bridge Workspace in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Setup Preferences and Color Management in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Work With Adobe Bridge CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...