A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wanna join a knitting group?  (Read 4456 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yarncore
« on: December 12, 2003 11:39:13 AM »

hi, we work in a cool record store in a swanky mall, and are in various stages of learning how to knit.  we're fully inspired by stitch n' bitch and want to find other cool knitters to hang out with us, and teach us the hard stuff.  if you like the sound of this, please email jscout at choirboysgas@hotmail.com
thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veruca_petunia
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003 01:15:54 PM »

i'm in the monterey county area - where are you - in general?

k-nitting is fun!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...sweet dreams 'till sunbeams find you...
yarncore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003 09:27:44 PM »

gah. i didn't even mention our geography.  we're in the peninsula, as in the greater san francisco bay area.  monterey's not that far, right, maybe we could meet up in santa cruz?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veruca_petunia
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003 07:38:46 AM »

i have a friend going to sf state university, so i wouldent mind coming up. however - i don't know where anything is in that beautiful city! i live in salinas Undecided - santa cruz in 45 minutes away, so it would be longer for you guys. what projects have you done? i did a ribbed for her pleasure scarf, and i want to start the kitty ear hat next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...sweet dreams 'till sunbeams find you...
yarncore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003 09:21:14 AM »

we're like, an hour away from s. cruz.  but if you're coming up to the city ever, we're right on the way.  i've made like a couple dozen plain old scarves in stockinette, with sewed on pockets and stuff like that.  i want to do the kittie hat, and make matching wrist cuffs.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oikaze
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003 10:42:54 AM »

I'm in Monterey and am learning how to knit..I know that the Monterey Bay Knitters Guild meets at Monarch Knitting in Pacific Grove, but I've met up with them.  They  meet on the second Tues of each month from 7-9PM.

I'm going to start going to Monarch Knitting from Jan, but I'm always looking for new inspiration, so if anyone has a knitting circle closer to SJ/SF and is interested in doing some fun projects, let us know! It would be worth the drive...

-oikaze
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarncore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003 12:06:38 PM »

i think our meeting place will probably end up being in palo alto or somewhere similarly close, with field trips, of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abricot
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003 01:04:55 PM »

If the meetings were near the Palo Alto area... I may be interested in going, I do not have a car so getting myself around can be a bit of a hassle... heh.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
yarncore
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003 07:28:29 AM »

abricot, yes, palo alto would be easiest for us, too, since that's where we work.  have you been to the yarn store in menlo park?  i've heard good things, but i haven't gone yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilyblue
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003 11:06:24 AM »

I hold a Stitch N Bitch every other Monday at the British Bankers Club in Menlo Park.  We will be there this monday at 7pm.  Come on by!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Buy D.I.Y , get listed!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Beauty Products for Summer Chosen by Essence
High School-Appropriate Makeup Tutorial
The Look: A Fresh Faced Modern Bride
How a Foam Roller Can Give You a Facelift in 50 Seconds
Get Taylor Swift’s Bold Red Lip From Her 2012 Glamour Cover
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...