A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: more placemat purses + TUTORIAL (img heavy)  (Read 109481 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , placemat , jordy_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fireheart99
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006 07:37:44 AM »

Nice, attractive use for old placements.  I've got plenty of those Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006 01:14:36 PM »

What a great idea!!  I love your other purses!  Thanks for the tutorial!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookShowBaby
She's a Killer, She's a Thriller

Milk Sucks! Got Margaritas?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006 04:00:52 PM »

What a GREAT tutorial...I am the most sewing challenged person I know, but I enjoy sewing all the same...even though most of my projects end up in the trash....go figure...well...onc e I read this tut, I knew I had to try it....great directions and simple supplies...here is my finished product....and I completed it with minimal swearing....I forgot to measure the lining before sewing up the bag so I had to wing that part (hence the swearing)...not too bad for someone who can't sew...LOL...

Here's the front of the bag

Inside

The outside of the bag had such a tropical feel too it I HAD to go with the pinapple lining....now I'm off to find a bamboo clasp to use to close the bag with....I'm paronoid about pick pockets too....

Thank you so much for such a great tut not2old4glitter.... I can't wait to make more....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or flaking on your swap partner!

http://www.wists.com/SpookShowBaby
Jennickell
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006 08:35:44 PM »

Thank you so much for your tut. I had pretty much given up on sewing, but this project inspired me, I went to the Dollar Tree, picked up 6 different place mats (oh yes at only $1 each) and here is what I came up with.
I used large grommets to string the handles through.

This one I used an old belt for the straps
and these ones below, I sewed but ran out of stuff to make handles with. I am going to Hobby Lobby first thing to see what I can find
THIS ROCKS   Logged
not2old4glitter
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006 02:48:18 PM »

Cheesy Oh Yay I am so glad to see people using this tute and seeing what you all are making!! I like that it's a  project that is adaptable to all sewing skill levels, you can make them as simple or as complicated as you want and even the simple ones look fab.

SpookShowBaby that bag is GORGEOUS and I love that placemat!! Where did you get it? A little bamboo clasp or wooden toggle button would look great on there. Love the pineapple lining too! Makes me want to go on vacation.  Grin

And Jennickell I really like the grommet idea- I might have to try that. I think I even have some grommets in my notions box. That blue brocade paisley one looks very pretty- what kind of handles are you gonna use on it? That might even be cute with a chain handle or something metallic. It's a little more dressy fabric so something shiny or glttery would suit it. Oh there I go pushing the glitter again. Wink
Did you get the funny looks from the cashier when you bought 6 non-matching placemats? LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookShowBaby
She's a Killer, She's a Thriller

Milk Sucks! Got Margaritas?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006 03:04:27 PM »

not2old4glitter, I found the placemat at WalMart (and the pineapple fabric too)...As I said before, I can't wait to make more...tons of thanks to you again for the great tutorial.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or flaking on your swap partner!

http://www.wists.com/SpookShowBaby
not2old4glitter
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006 05:13:55 PM »

...As I said before, I can't wait to make more...tons of thanks to you again for the great tutorial.... Grin
Heehee, they ARE addictive, I should have put a warning label!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006 10:08:38 AM »

I made one for my friend as a "happy birthday and fare well in Mexico" present.  I had never made a bag before, save a couple of really simple drawstring sacks.  I had never ever made a pocket, inserted a zipper or sewn a button-hole.  I learned a lot on this project.  I'm quite proud.  However, I should have taken more time with the inside pocket I made, now that I have seen that there is a link to a tutorial on how to do it right... I just kind of made it up as I went along and it wasn't great.  I ended up going to get another placemat and I mailed my second, improved set of straps to my freind yesterday.  I hope she loves this bag --

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010 10:03:07 PM by MareMare - Reason: to fix coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1spazticchik

<3 The Donnas <3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006 04:00:14 PM »

oh wow!! thanks so much for the tutorial, i must try this!!

and all of the bags posted so far are great, keep it up ladies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
not2old4glitter
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006 06:27:02 PM »

yarnhag that turned out really cute! I like the straps being buttoned on, and that way you could also have multiple sets of straps in different lengths or colors, or mix and match straps between different bags. And YAY for learning new things like zippers! I think a lot of people are scared of them but I LOVE love love zippers and  they are really easy once you do a couple. I only wish they were cheaper because I like to put at least 3 zippers per purse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Style to Your Outfit in Just One Minute
How to Wear White for Winter
Who Wore It Best? Kim Kardashian Vs Rihanna
Rihanna & Kanye West Rock The Urban Skirt: VIBE VIXEN Style Profile
How to Make Your Own Feathered Skirt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...