A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The 2006 Wishlist June Swap (new organizer)  (Read 4822 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006 10:09:52 PM »

I picked someone, so now I can post my list, hope my list isnt too long Undecided , I just love to craft

1.  Atcs (I would like some)
2.  Hat pattern (I have a big head so its hard to ever find a hat, so something large)
3.  Fabrics (I love to sew)
4.  A make something kit (I love making things from a kit)
5.  Stencils(I always wanted to take one and put one on a shirt, but I cant make them, I will take any long as its not violent)
6.  Curtain (I love carebears or something blue, dont matter what size, I will use them)
7.  A book ( I love to read)
8.  Beads ( I love to make jewelry)
9.  Big purse (I love purses, but I like the big ones best)
10.  Frames ( I want to hang some pictures up, no matter what the size is)
11.  Yarn ( I might start on christmas present early, so some pretty yarn, my favorite color is blue (any kind mostly and multi-colored yarn)
12.  Carrying case (I need one for my camera,the size of my hand)
13.  Scarf (Using tuchican (cant spell it) or cable design, any with a design, cuz I cant crochet designs, or a cloth scarf that is whimsical)
14.  Cigar Purse(something vintage, if cant dont mind long as its not violent)
15.  Bottle cap jewelry (any kind long as its not a necklace)
16.  Something bar lookish (No alcohol or anything but I will be redecorating and I want a bar kind of thing, probably I will use a shelve with a curtain on it, so I can put snacks there, so if you could make something that will make it look more barish looking that be nice, definitely if you have like a bar kind of fabric and make curtains with it)
17.  Polymer clay kit ( I want to make something with clay)
18.  Carebear crafty ( I love care bears, so anything with that)
19.  Brooch(However you spell it, the thing you pin to your clothes, anything long as its not violent)
20.  Circular knitting needles( I always wanted)
21.  Colorful socks( I want to make a sockmonkey)
22.  Sockmonkey( I want one as well)
23.  Wallet( I have one but I want one handmade, dont mind what it is long as its not violent)
24.  Zippers( Everytime I want to make something, sometimes it involve zippers and I dont ever have them on hand)
25.  Amigurumi ( I hope to have a turtle one, I only can really mostly crochet scarves, and cant read patterns very well or cant understand them, but if I cant get a turtle, I dont mind get any kind)
26.  Turtle shaped purse
27.  Turtle (anything that involves turtle)
28.  Clutch Purse
29.  Half Apron (I want something neat to inspire me to cook. I decided to cook more, so I want something to inspire me with)
30.  Iron on sheets ( I like to iron on pictures and stuff, but since its a bit costly for me, I can only rarely buy them)
31.  Anime ( I love anime, it be nice to get something that involves sailor moons, or card captors, but I will take any kind, long as its not violent)
32.  Record Bowl ( I want one but there is nowhere here that sells them)
33.  A clock kit ( I always wanted to build a neat clock)
34.  Decoupage Kit ( I want magazine pictures already cut out already and the stuff to decoupage, I always wanted to do this.  But nothing violent plze.)
35.  Something with the robot from The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (It is so cute, so I want something with that on it, a purse, or notebook or whatever)
36.  embroidery supplies (I want to be able to do this)
37.  Rosanne theme (You know from the tv show, She cracks me up.  So maybe iron on transfer of her, episode themed kind of craft, a purse or something crafty that involves Roseanne)
38.  Buttons ( I want funny, cute, beautiful, some kind of lots of buttons)
39.  Wool material ( I want to be able to felt my own beads, I havent done it b4 but I would like to try, I would want bold colors)
40.  Pin cushion

I love anything that involves art and crafting. I m addicted to crafting. I love the color blue, mostly any kind.  I been liking the baby yellow, baby green, baby purples lately.  I love to read, books are like movies too me.

I live in Tennessee, USA.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006 09:46:55 PM by SoonFamo-Artiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006 07:54:21 AM »

Hi, I'm from Missouri, about to turn 43 years old, and delighted to be able to join this swap!

Here's my list:

1. A  nifty pincushion. I am going to start sewing again soon, and would LOVE a Craftster creation for my pins.

2.This is for my son, who will be turning six at the end of the month: A stuffed monster! He/She needs to be small enough to fit into a priority mailer, but big enough to hug, because he still likes to sleep with his favorite stuffies. He requested that the monster have goofy eyes, and it's tongue sticking out. Any color, any huggable material is fine. Surprise us! He will love it! Grin Thank you!!!!!!

3. I would love, love, love a kanzashi flower pin, made from real Japanese fabric. Any color is fine, although I do look better in cool colors--blues, greens, purples.

4. If you like to silk screen, embroider or applique things, I am having a baby boy at the end of September. A bib or a onesie would be great. A funny one would be even better! Cheesy Thank you!!!!!!

5. A throw pillow for our couch. Patchwork, applique, screen-printed...whatever you like to make. I usually like colors to be a bit muted on this sort of thing, but a colorful Dia de los Muertes themed pillow  would also be cool!

6. I desperately need a new purse/bag. I kind of like the hobo style, but any kind of bigger bag would be fine. There are so many great bags posted here on Craftster that I could not begin to pick one out as a favorite, to show you as an example.  My only limitation on the bag is that it not be too "cutesie"---i.e. no Hello Kitty or Disney-type motifs, because I'm in my forties...::laughs:: I would have to say that turquoise or purple as the predominate color work best for me.

7. I am fascinated by the melted bead bowl craze going on here lately. I would love  a smallish bowl in clear "oceany" colors--blues and greens-- to use as a soap dish in my bathroom. But only if you are sure you have adequate ventilation in your kitchen! I am worried about the fumes that this craft involves, so make sure you can do this safely!!!

8. Marble magnets for my fridge. Kitschy, retro, pretty prints...whatever. I would love a set of any kind that you like to make.

I am getting my first digital camera soon. I ordered it from Amazon and it is on it's way. In case it does not work ( I had that happen once before with Amazon when I ordered something that turned out defective--they did handle the refund quickly, to my surprise)... or in case I have trouble learning how to upload images and crop them, could you take pictures of whatever you send me? Then if I can't get pictures posted in a timely fashion here on my end, we will have yours to use for the gallery.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006 05:45:37 PM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ember77

Shopaholic Against Reform

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006 02:06:59 PM »

Hey Ladies!

The following wonderfully generous people have not had any wishes picked yet this month, yet they have crafted for others:

ilovegenewilder (no list posted)
simplyfussfree (wishless since MAY!)
udhillb
shiitake
icebyrd67
_chittybangbang
Whiskey
goldfishgirl
riario
katiad
akredhead
animegirlie

Also, does anybody want to organize this swap in July?   Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006 08:24:51 AM by Ember77 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams, born and living, have but one soul; Yours.

Visit the insanity:
http://essentialnatalie.blogspot.com/

PM me for personal swaps!!
Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006 02:49:58 PM »

Also, does anybody want to organize this swap in July?   Cheesy

I would be willing to organize...just let me know the details!

Whit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ILoveGummyWorms
Co-President of the Monkey Jungle

Creating chaos since 1981

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006 09:03:54 PM »

YAY! Now I can post! Whee....
I would LOVE to have any of the following items, but esp. the first:

-the Katja top from Knitty's spring/summer issue, as posted here:http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTkatja.html. My youngest is two months old, and I although I am going to try to have this done for her by summer's end (I hear it's pretty easy!), I am the slowest knitter in all of mankind. The 3 or 6 month size would be terrific, and Peaches and Creme yarn is cool with me, if cost is a concern. I reallylllelrllylirl y would love this. In trade, I will send gorgeous baby pictures of the baby in it. Smiley

- one of the awesome microscope slide necklaces that I am seeing here... awesome!

-self-striping, hand-painted, or Kool-Aid dyed yarn...I am just a lowly beginner knitter, and would love to work with some cool stuff to get my motivation going.

-the Denyse Schmidt Quilts book, if someone is feeling verrry generous. I asked for it for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, AND my birthday, and instead got jellybeans. They were good jellybeans, but DS would have been better.

-Anything with trees, nests, or doves... but esp. trees

-knitting mags, like Interweave Knits, or Vogue knitting. I haven't got any of these, so I'll take whatever

-vintage trim or fabrics, or vintage patterns for girls clothing... I have three little girls at home under the age of 5, and I'm just starting to make clothes and things for the girls. I love the look and feel of vintage finds.

-Munki Munki fabric, even if it is just scraps... Oh, I love me some Munki Munki, or the Lightning Bugs line!

Hmmm... that's it. I like the blue/brown and pink/brown combo a lot.... and... if you have any questions, please ask away! I would love to talk to ya!  Grin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006 08:01:16 AM by ILoveGummyWorms » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. --Thomas Edison

I love this job more than I love taffy... and I'm a man that loves his taffy. --Mayor Adam West
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006 09:00:48 AM »

Hello! I'm in Florida, USA and it is stinkin' hot here! My dog won't even go for a walk - he's such a priss. Anyway, let's get on with it shall we?

1. I LOVE this hoody  Kiss : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=80615.msg846925#msg846925
I would love something like this as either a T-shirt or a hoody. What I love about it is the size of the image and the placement, the subject matter (sealife), and the artistic ability. These colors are great as is, but I would wear this or something similar in any colors. Small usually fits me best, but sometimes I get mediums.

2. T-shirt decorated with one of my likes - size med/6.

3. Two cool luggage tags.
It doesn't matter what they're made of or what colors as long as they stand out and there's a slot for me to insert my contact info.

4. Fabric wallet - something with a compartment for change that can still fit in a back pocket.

5. A jewelry bag or box or something to hold jewelry. I have a few bracelets and pairs of earrings now and they are just laying on a shelf. Sad

6. Something decorated with embroidery and/or beads like a t-shirt, pillow case (queen-size), totebag, etc.

7. A stuffie or pillow that vaguely resembles a flop-eared Yorkshire Terrier. Sewed, crocheted, knitted, silkscreened or any way you like.

8. A sturdy rectangular container for a soap loaf mold.
Interior dimensions of 5"W x 4"- 6"H x 6"- 12"L
I will be lining it with wax paper so it doesn't matter what it's made out of as long as the sides are straight and sturdy.

9. Some upholstery vinyl to make a medium-sized shoulder bag. Any color is fine.

10. Decorative beady things - wooden, carved, donuts, charms...I have tons of spacer beads, but not enough interesting decorations to go with them.

11. Some nice (by nice I mean a notch above what Wal-Mart has) worsted weight yarns in tasteful colors. Blends of cotton, wool, and/or silk would be most appreciated. Solid and variegated colors are both fine and left-overs or recycled skeins are fine, too. Please no boucle, fuzzy, or other textured yarns.

12. Cotton quilting fabrics with big bold patterns in bright cheery colors of pinks, greens, oranges and/or yellows. Scraps are fine if they're at least around 6" x 4".

13. A beginner's embroidery kit. I guess this would include a few colors of floss, a transfer pencil, a hoop, something to decorate, and whatever else is necessary, except for needles - I have plenty of those.

14. Candy. It's my favorite food. The only kind I don't like is licorice flavored and I'm not too hip on peanut butter things, either.

15. Anything from my Wists list: http://www.wists.com/Liebschien
Used, second-hands, hand-me-downs and re-gifts are fine with me. This goes for anything on this whole wish list, too.

Colorwise, I prefer to wear shades, tones, and hues. I won't wear bright primary colors or neon colors. My favorites are browns/rusts, blue/greens (teal, aqua, turqoise), black, greens (olive, army, moss, avocado), baby or sky blue, subtle pinks. For other things like decorative items or accessories, bright cheery colors are nice in addition to the colors I like to wear.

Here are some of my likes: insects (especially dragonflies, butterflies or beetles), nature, birds, trees, leaves, water, the orient, writing, crafting, art, candy and other sweets, fruit, beach and sealife, computers, coffee, traveling, or anything I wouldn't be embarrassed to show my mom.

Some fabrics I don't care for are felt and polyester. I also don't go for country-cutesy stuff like geese wearing bonnets, country florals, and that pastelly southwest look.

I'm 32 and I'm on summer vacation from my job as the computer lab manager at the local high school. I'm taking online college classes this summer to obtain a degree in business administration. At the moment, my life consists of my computer, crafting and listening to audio books (I'm starting Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today!), my dog, and not much else.

When I get the chance, I like to travel, go hiking, go camping, take bike rides, go kayaking, visit festivals, read on the beach, and just generally be outdoors and active. My style reflects these activities. I wear t-shirts and pants or cargo shorts most everyday with my flip-flops or Teva's.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006 12:15:41 AM by liebschien » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovegenewilder
chair pirate yo!

harry potter release party.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2006 05:52:13 PM »

ello,

i am seventeen, and live in Texas near Dallas/Ft. Worth. i play guitar and mandolin, i collect zines (and make one occasionally), and i will try just about any craft once.

WISHLIST

un-handmade (unless you're super clever!)

+ any hair dye, maybe a color you bought and didn't like; the color doesn't matter to me. it can be natural looking or hot pink, whatever. not the stuff that you mix on your own with developer though, since apparently it can explode in the bottle (unless it hasn't been mixed yet) Shocked

+ a DIY woodcarving kit. i've wanted to try it since i was little but i just don't know where to start. even if you just have a woodcarving tool, send that. i have blocks of wood all over my house.

+ books -- fiction, nonfiction, coffee table books about nature, architecture, etc.

+ the newest issue of ReadyMade -- my subscription is up! no stores in my area carry it! Cry

+ craft magazines -- knitting, fiber art, or something completely new to me, if you wish! they don't have to be current.

+ zines. i don't care what they are about. if you have too many to count, like me, then maybe you want to get rid of some?? teehee.

+ harmonica. if it's a piece of crap, send it. i can fix it. i don't care what key it is in. i need harmonicas!!

+ a "Wtf?" sticker that looks like a "DUBYA '04" sticker at first, then you realize it really says "What the fuck?" ...because i think they are hilarious. (like this: http://www.cafepress.com/liberalissues.15031945)

handmade

+ a panta. i know, everybody wants one! maybe there is a kind soul whose specialty is making these. hahahah.

+anything to do with the movie Harold and Maude.

+ anything handmade with owls, deer, trees, freight trains, or cute little sailboats on it!

+ some kind of stationery. see above for hints on themes  Cool

+ something you love to make. i think it is very interesting to see what others do well. it doesn't have to be a tangible craft -- if you are in a band, send your music, if you like photography, send some photos. and so on.

+ anything handmade that goes on a head!! honestly, i'm always covering my head with stuff lately. hats, headbands, blah blah blah. i love cute things like hair clips with eggplants on them, for example.

+a surprise!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006 05:54:51 PM by ilovegenewilder » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I write songs!!! http://www.myspace.com/myfutureself

please listen =]
Ember77

Shopaholic Against Reform

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006 07:27:54 PM »

Hi guys!

Sorry, just catching up on things now!

As most of you already know, Whiskey is the new organizer for this swap in July.
Thread here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16744226.0

The following craftsters should PM her with your info, if you haven't already. She will then give you the okay to post your list on the new thread for July.

You are able to post your list for free without picking anyone because you were not picked in June to have a wish granted.

lovegenewilder (no list posted)
simplyfussfree (wishless since MAY!)
udhillb
shiitake
icebyrd67
_chittybangbang
Whiskey
goldfishgirl
riario
katiad
akredhead
animegirlie
ILoveGummyWorms
Liebschien
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams, born and living, have but one soul; Yours.

Visit the insanity:
http://essentialnatalie.blogspot.com/

PM me for personal swaps!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Is Glass Blowing School Necessary to Learn Glass Blowing Art
How to Choose Glass Supplies for Glass Blowing
How to Choose a Glass Blowing Kit
How Hot Does the Glass Get in Glass Blowing
How to Blow Glass
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...