A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new stuff by me...fruit, coffee, tea  (Read 1765 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 12, 2006 08:37:12 AM »

[img width=450 height=338]

These are some of the first things I have done.  I started out with napkins cause they were a bit easier to work with...I have moved onto baby diapers and towels.  I am sorry some of them are blurry..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 05:19:25 PM by kittykill - Reason: Fixed image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

helen highwater
not really called helen.

oh sufjan! let me bear your children!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006 08:40:54 AM »

Wow, you've been busy! I love them all, especially the fruity ones. I might have to dig out my embroidery stuff now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not really called helen. but it's a pretty name.
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006 08:45:04 AM »

Man those are awesome! I should have brought my stitching to work! It is so slow! I have been playing on-line between answering emails and I could be stitching!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cybilverbeana

mmm...lipstick....mom's good lipstick....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006 11:33:43 AM »

I think you did a great job...and your handwriting looks nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist list!
http://www.wists.com/cybilverbeana

willing to do personal atc swaps! PM me if interested....
IamSusie
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006 02:01:31 PM »

Those are fantastic!  How big are the napkins and where did you get them?  I purchased a bunch at Cost Plus World Market, but they aren't square and aren't all the same size.  I guess you get what you pay for.

I bordered all of mine with rickrack, but they are begging for some cute embroidery like yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006 02:15:31 PM »

Those are fantastic!  How big are the napkins and where did you get them?  I purchased a bunch at Cost Plus World Market, but they aren't square and aren't all the same size.  I guess you get what you pay for.

I bordered all of mine with rickrack, but they are begging for some cute embroidery like yours.

I took a CHEAP WalMart men's hanky and embroidered it with my friend's new monogram in her wedding colors then framed it in a vintage-ish looking frame. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures before I gave it to her.  I also embroidered the sublime stitching veggies on cheap unbleached muslin, framed them with really cheap simple black metal frames and hung them in my kitchen. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=49444.0 They make for unique and personal kitchen art. Especially since my husband hates tomatoes.

I plan to do something similar with the mermaids and other under the sea things for my bathroom eventually. Maybe even add some sequins and beads....get fancy! But I can't seem to settle on colors for my master bedroom and bathroom.  Undecided

Maybe you could do something like that with the not so standard sized yet very inexpensive napkins. You know, pick a theme then frame them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plumpie
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006 02:35:42 PM »

Joolz I really love your napkins!  You have been VERY busy!  I love the cute little details that you've added, like the candles on the birthday cake.  You really have a great eye for picking floss color too- everything just "pops".  Are you going to keep them for yourself or give them away as gifts?  If you keep them for yourself, you should buy a little towel rack for the kitchen and hang them all out in a row on display.  OOOOO idea!  You could put up a little clothesline along the wall on your kitchen, and pin them all up like you would on wash day.  How cute would that be for a display?  Hmmm...I may have to try that one myself!  The baby diaper is a really neat idea for a gift.  I applaud you Joolz, and all you folks that are talented enough to draw stuff free hand and stitch it up. 

PinkyK, I followed the link and I really love the way you framed your embroidery and used it to decorate your kitchen.  You are right, it's the little things we do that personalize a home and really make it look great.  I'm also going to be working on a mermaid soon for my bathroom.  I'm even thinking of trying to rit dye my fabric to get that "just right" ocean color.   I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Joolz, PinkyK, I can't wait to see what you two do next!

edit: Duh! I just remembered that Joolz said that she is giving those napkins away as gifts. Well, you will have to make a set for yourself to put on display Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006 02:40:17 PM by plumpie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006 02:40:00 PM »

My life really isn't all that formal, so I use my wonky napkins anyway.  The rick-rack distracts from the cheap napkins' problems.  Framing embroidery is a great idea!  I've still got cross-stitch stuff framed from my past obsession with it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006 04:08:12 PM »

You all have such nice things to say.  I am going to have to get to work and start making more stuff so I can get more compliments. Smiley  I originally planned to give them all as gifts.  I found really cute colored chinese take-out boxes at Michaels and especially the Chinatown napkins are great in them.  I have made some flour sack towels and I fond those a little harder to work with  (because they aren't as sturdy )than the napkins which I bought online at CB2, it's a division of Crate and Barrel.  They were 9.99 for 8 of them which I know is more than some people want to spend, but I did go to Home Goods, Target, Walmart, TjMaxx, and Ross looking for sets of napkins but they would have 1 or 2 and since I wanted them to be more uniform I got them online.
Anywho, I just finished a duck baby diaper, I will take pics...

Going back to some napkins..Stamps work well, but most of them aren't as cool as Jenny's patterns.  My husband likes to draw so maybe he'll make some stuff for me to make fancy.

Have a great weekend ladies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chelsea
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006 05:55:25 PM »

I need to get some napkins...sometimes the thinness of tea towels bothers me. I saw a pack of napkins on sale for $5 at Walmart...I bet they're gone.   

All of yours look really good...although I can't look at the sushi one for very long, I hate sushi anyway and being pregnant it's REALLY easy to feel nauseous.  I can't even think of Arbys because of their fries. (see...now I'm sick. hehe)   But they all look very pretty, I agree that the colors are great.  I remember those take-out boxes from Michaels...I almost bought a couple, but didn't.  They are PERFECT for the Chinatown set!

Plumpie - I absolutely LOVE the clothesline idea.  I have a long space above our cabinets of plain wall...it would look great up there!  Now I have to buy napkins  Smiley  It would be cute in a laundry room too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 2/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 1/3
How to Draw Dolphin Energy
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...