A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invite your partner swap gallery!!  (Read 68609 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters , clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mata
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006 12:39:05 AM »

"How to Win Friends by Crafting for People" could be the next bestselling self-help title! 

heheheh  Cheesy I would definitely buy it!

And by the way, great stuff so far!!!! I really like the space cat embroidery, and that pink panther posing with your new accessories, princessblueberry, made me rofl.. really!

Can't wait to see more  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006 03:07:43 AM »

Fortune32, I love the detail work in the scarf and beautiful fabric you chose for the needle roll. Lucky girl, princessblueberry!

I'd love to do another tin swap, too. I can't handle organizing that and this huge prom swap at the same time, and I may organize this invite swap for another round, as long as no one gets too drunk and throws up on their partner. I would love it if someone else would organize round 2 of the altoid swap! (hint, hint!)

Anyone? Anyone?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006 03:35:38 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006 06:37:51 AM »

Three cheers for another round of this swap!  Woot! Woot! Woot!

I love everything in this gallery! That is an amazing tree scarf and I could use a roll for my crochet hooks. Awesome!
I know I'm missing something, but everything posted is just gorgeous! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2006 08:49:35 AM »

I love the scarf so much, I love the needle roll too! I love the idea of the tin revamp swap, I'm just in love today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006 08:55:48 AM »

I'm so glad it got there, and you like everything! The butterfly looks like it might have taken a beating in the mail, you can re-bend it into shape (it's wired together, not sewn.) I just wanted to share my favorite pic of the "Aschnebly"! It was so much fun to make, I made 2 and gave one to my Mom for Mother's day (She loved hers, too! Yeay!)
The leaves are 2 layers of fleece, the top is lighter, the lower is darker; I slashed the vein pattern into the lighter green before sewing them together, no way I was up to embroidering all those "veins"! LOL The tsumami (kanzashi) were also fun to make, I can't wait to make more!

If anybody wants to see better pics, I've got everything in a Flickr set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/43955293@N00/sets/72057594136634813/
Thanks for looking, and thanks for all of your kind comments, it's my first swap, and I didn't really suffer from swap anxiety! Thanks PBB - you rock!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006 09:00:18 AM by Fortune_32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006 09:24:27 AM »

I wasn't in this swap, but it looks like great fun!

Fortune 32 - did you use a pattern for the needle roll?  I've found a couple of patterns, but I'm still iffy on the one I like best.  Yours turned out great!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessblueberry
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006 09:59:33 AM »

...and that pink panther posing with your new accessories, princessblueberry, made me rofl.. really!

Love that guy he's from Stopmoshun in the Secret Santa Swap  Cheesy  I have him model alot of my swap goodies  Grin

I'm so glad it got there, and you like everything! The butterfly looks like it might have taken a beating in the mail, you can re-bend it into shape (it's wired together, not sewn.)

I keep reshaping my butterfly but he gets droopy in the upright position. . .LOL, that does not keep me from wearing him LOVE butterflies and that one made me squeal!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006 11:18:21 AM »

Fortune 32 - did you use a pattern for the needle roll?  I've found a couple of patterns, but I'm still iffy on the one I like best.  Yours turned out great!!

I did use a pattern, (wasn't my own, but I'll probably tweak it next time) - http://alexandrasknits.blogspot.com/2006/01/tutorial-alexandras-needle-case.html
It made a huge roll that'll hold just about any kind of needle under the sun. Four rows of pockets, 3 with 1" & 2" widths, and the lowest pockets are 5" wide - it held every needle I owned without blinking, so it's just a matter of fabric choice til I make one for myself!

Fortune_32 I love your version of the tree scarf!  I especially like the addition of the beaded butterfly it is gorgeous!

Wow - thanks SO much! I love making things without a pattern, and this one was just SO much fun! Although I didn't have the time to make the adjustment, I also thought about adding snaps to the leaves so it could change seasons! (Anybody interested in swapping for one - just pm me!)

I also used a tutorial I found here for the butterfly - http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/Kid_Art_Project/Kid_art_bead_project/november2005_bead_project.html

I can't wait til I can do another swap! It's so much fun & I haven't even recieved yet! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006 11:27:48 AM »

Ha, ha, Fortune_32, now we have you in our swappy clutches and you will be hopelessly addicted. Beware!

In the meantime, if you need early feedback so you can sign up for another, let me know.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006 12:11:03 PM »

Shocked  Wowsers!  Shocked  You made the bead butterfly? I have some (not as cute as yours, tho.) that I found in the scrapbooking section at the dollar store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Best Haircut For Your Face Shape
How to Style Your Hair for a Heart-Shaped Face
Get a Great Hairstyle For an Oval-Shaped Face With Straight Hair
Get the Best Haircut and Style for a Square-Shaped Face
Get a Great Hairstyle For an Oval-Shaped Face With Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #97-Container Crafting
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...