A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sister Wendy is my homegirl  (Read 6317 times)
Tags for this thread: catholic  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

epeel42
« on: May 11, 2006 01:41:30 PM »

I stencilled this shirt for a friend who takes an art history class; for anyone who doesn't know, Sister Wendy is a highly entertaining nun who does an art history tv show-she's got massive glasses, buck teeth...sorry about the picture, it's a little hard to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006 02:16:29 PM »

Oh that's genius! Sister Wendy is brilliant, I thought she was only on tv over here in the UK Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StookeyDough
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006 03:40:01 PM »

ohhh sister wendy.
is she familiar with doctor weber, as well?
he's not art history though.
anyways, i'd appriciate it if you'de link me to that stencil, or messege me about it or what not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamity
Semi-Genius

A joke is a very serious thing.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006 08:36:39 AM »

Oh. My. God. You were forced to watch that "sweet little old lady" too? I thought only my ex-art teacher was sadistic....I dropped her class. That is so awesome and sarcastic. Where did you get your stencil?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one who saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall...
alyek
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006 05:17:04 PM »

HAHAHA
wow
Sister Wendy
we watch her in ap euro
along with dr weber.
hehehe
that is amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow"
MissMeganToo
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006 10:03:59 AM »

Wow!  I'd love one.... We watched Sister Wendy in a class in high school called "Verbal and Visual Arts" that my AP English teacher made up.  It was awesome... for our final project my friend and I made our own Sister Wendy show--Sister Wendy Barbie.... with guest star "regular Barbie" who was all in pink as a HUGE contrast to the nun habit that I made for another barbie.  No buck teeth, though... I couldn't figure out how to do it well.  Unfortunately, my teacher asked to hold on to the tape, and promptly lost it when he had to move rooms over the summer... a MASSIVE loss.

Anyway, way more awesome than the "Mary is my homegirl" 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006 11:53:54 AM »

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!11 that lady cracks the hell out of me! i loooooove how she talks! hahaha we are currently being forced to watch her videos in T.O.K. (theory of knowledge). in the class we're studying controversial things like religion n such, and right now we're doing art. i hate how they overanalyze EVERYTHING! i swear the artist didn't even mean w/e she says they did, btu she still cracks me up with her buck teeth! hahaha that is awesome. would you mind posting up the stencil?

-karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamity
Semi-Genius

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006 12:06:48 PM »

i hate how they overanalyze EVERYTHING! i swear the artist didn't even mean w/e she says they did, btu she still cracks me up with her buck teeth! hahaha that is awesome.
Yes! How in American Gothic, the lady's one little hair curl means that she was a wild child and wanted to rebel agianst her average farming life! i sooo agree with that one. I actually made my own shirt with Sister Wendy on it and it looks much like the one epeel42 made, I didn't want to wait for a stencil and made my own. I'll see if I can figure out how to post the stencil i made....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Because maybe
And after all
You're my wonderwall...
jamity
Semi-Genius

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006 12:10:23 PM »

Okay, here we go, I hope.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011 04:24:12 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Because maybe
And after all
You're my wonderwall...
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006 09:42:00 PM »

i hate how they overanalyze EVERYTHING! i swear the artist didn't even mean w/e she says they did, btu she still cracks me up with her buck teeth! hahaha that is awesome.
Yes! How in American Gothic, the lady's one little hair curl means that she was a wild child and wanted to rebel agianst her average farming life! i sooo agree with that one. I actually made my own shirt with Sister Wendy on it and it looks much like the one epeel42 made, I didn't want to wait for a stencil and made my own. I'll see if I can figure out how to post the stencil i made....

thanks! man, that stencil seems pretty complicated. i might just use a shirt transfer and put it on a purse. anyway thanks again!

-karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Real-Time Beauty: Bright Idea
Real-Time Fashion: Berry Good
Real-Time Beauty: Bare Necessities
The Perfect Little Mermaid Costume for Halloween
The One That I Want
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...