A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mother's Day inspiration- video link  (Read 4042 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coachwriter
« on: May 11, 2006 09:13:25 AM »

Last year, a fabulous photographer and I put together an amazing "video" for Mother's Day. I know there isn't much time, but if you have a bunch of photos handy, you could do this for your mom too. We shared our video with whomever wanted it and the overwhelmingly positive response made me realize once again (no big surprise), the power of words and photos. So whether you do a "video" or slide show or just a card with photos, think about doing something like this. You can view our "video" at http://www.bloomngrow.net/page/page/1948002.htm

WARNING: For reasons I won't go into here, this is an exe file. It is completely safe, having already been downloaded by lots of people. BUT, if you have dial up, you won't want to download it as it's way to big.

Hope you enjoy it and it stimulates your own ideas for Mother's Day.

Warmly,

Lynn
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011 09:40:43 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try "The half hour that changes lives." It's free life, personal or solo business coaching at www.coachwithlynn.com
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006 02:27:34 PM »

it gave me inspiration, that was so pretty, it will be a neat idea to do for my mom but we dont have many pics, so maybe this is a way to save them if the real pics get lost, i have to see, i hope i wont waste my time on it cuz it be a good gift for my mom, thanks again, i have to see or not if i can do it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coachwriter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006 03:33:44 PM »

it gave me inspiration, that was so pretty, it will be a neat idea to do for my mom but we dont have many pics, so maybe this is a way to save them if the real pics get lost, i have to see, i hope i wont waste my time on it cuz it be a good gift for my mom, thanks again, i have to see or not if i can do it

Glad you liked it. Yes! You're right, this is a wonderful way to save pictures if the real ones get lost. The best thing is to put your photos on several disks and copy them every few years. I know it's a pain, but in 20 years, you'll be happy you did it.

Learning how to make these kinds of presentations is worth it too. Once you get it figured out, it's not difficult and they can carry so much meaning.

Warmly,

Lynn
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007 09:31:44 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try "The half hour that changes lives." It's free life, personal or solo business coaching at www.coachwithlynn.com
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006 09:36:01 AM »

I did something similar as a late birthday gift to my Mom. I couldn't do a video, but I had one of those big, multi-picture picture frames (space for 16 pictures!), and I filled it with pictures of the three youngest kids in our family (since she already had one with pictures of the older four.) I gave each kid their own column and we each picked which photos of ourselves would go in, and the fourth column was pictures of the three of us together. And they're all in chronological order in each column with the most recent at the top. My Mom loves it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
coachwriter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007 09:08:39 AM »

Two years ago, a wonderful photographer and I made a video for Mother's Day. I know I posted the link to it here last year, but it was in a poor format. Now I've gotten it fixed and it's posted on You Tube.

If you're looking for a no-cost gift with great meaning, and your mom has email, you can forward this link to her. I'd suggest you warn her to have some tissue at hand Smiley

Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWgzLxbMdo

If you like it, I'd sure appreciate your giving it appropriate stars and maybe leaving a brief comment.

Enjoy and Happy Mother's Day!

Warmly,

Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vexy5260
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007 02:16:31 PM »

OMG If I can find pictures (which I should be able to) this will be soooo perfect!
Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coachwriter
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007 05:57:35 PM »

You're welcome. Glad I could be of service.

Warmly,

Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vexy5260
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007 06:57:08 PM »

Does anyone know of a free downloadable program I could use to make a video like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coachwriter
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007 07:11:27 AM »

Sorry, I don't know of one although you might be able to use slide.com or one of the other online photo programs if that would suit your needs. You'd have to put the type onto the photos in some other program, but in terms of producing the show, you might take a look at that or photobucket.

Hope that helps.

Warmly,

Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HippieChick7
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007 10:47:36 PM »

Thank you for sharing! I will send that to her, but you have inspired me to make my mom a video of me and my little brothers.

vexy, try Windows Movie Maker. Go to www.download.com and type it in the search. That's what I use. Just save your project every little bit because if you get it overwhelmed, it likes to freeze. Hope you get this in time to download it and make a video.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lighting Shooting and Retouching
Photographing Autumn Leaves
How to Photograph a Scarecrow
Light Painting and Starlight Photography
The Retouching
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...