A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How Can I Make A Spring Pole For My Energetic Pitbull??? EDIT  (Read 22154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

prettypitbull
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007 05:53:41 PM »

I never thoght of that...it is about three feet off the ground. Maybe I'll try it lower and see if I can get him to grab onto it. He loves tug-o-war so it really had me baffled but I thihnk you're on to something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007 06:31:05 AM »

Wink Let me know the results!

My girl loves tug-o-war too... which is why we built a spring pole because we just cannot win against her or give her the tug-o-war fight she is looking for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
lissaw70
Hi....my name is Lissa...........and I'm a craft junkie...........

Pretty please?! With sugar on top???.....<3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008 04:00:47 PM »

It TOTALLY bugs me that people do this kind of thing!   Angry

When researching for a dog.........we read about ALL kinds of dogs.  And it was at this site that we finally decided a pit bull was for us.......... Grin

We live in south Georgia.........and down here there are a great deal of people who still participate in dog fighting,  even though it's against the law......... Angry  ..........it CERTAINLY makes it harder to dispel these stupid myths about Pits ........... Undecided

Even so...........I couldn't imagine our lives without our baby (he's a Parson's Russell/Am. Pit Bull Terrier mix)........... Smiley
He's adorably sweet.........a complete clown...........and without a doubt the BEST DOG we've ever had.......... Smiley
We live in an area where I was afraid for my son to even play in our yard because of the neighborhood dogs.........and now.........I don't worry about that AT ALL.......... Grin
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008 04:02:43 PM by lissaw70 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama was wrong..........idle hands lead to fantabulous projects!!
prettypitbull
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008 07:54:53 AM »

Thanks for the site lissaw70 but I could not find the spring pole information...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EDOGZ818
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013 08:55:11 AM »

Does any one out there have the particulars to make a spring pole for my Pitty? I don't want to spend a lot of money but it HAS to be safe! Thanks!!! 

EDIT* Maybe it's called something different, but it's a pole with a rubber tire on the end for a dog to grab onto. They like to swing from them!!!  Anyone?HuhHuh* EDIT

Holy thread Resurrection Batman!

With that being said:

Home depot / Loews
140LB Garage door spring
2 pieces of 5/16 rope - 9ft & 5ft
Run the 9ft rope through the spring end, evening out the ends.  The 5ft piece goes through about 8inches & tied securely, creating 3 piecse of rope, approximately the same length, which are then French braided together.  Tie a knot at the top & bottom.

A D Ring & Bull snap are attached at the other end.  A chain can then be used to anchor the spring pole around a tree limb, or the bull snap can be attached to a door jam, etc.  Possibilities are only limited by the chain length.

Side Note:

You don't want the dog to hang in the air.  It puts strain on the kidneys & increases the risks of a fall related injury.

Also, to short of a grasping surface, increases the chance of the canine biting the spring, when braided, the rope produces 3+ feet of grasping surface.

An animal hide can be interwoven for increased attractability.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Factors of Aging from Dr. Mike Moreno
Author John Witt Discusses the Hidden Story of the Laws of War
"Tilt" Book Trailer
Lorna Byrne Discusses Her Book A Message of Hope from the Angels
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...