A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: nursing student gift ideas?  (Read 671 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cadie

nurse, yarn enthusiast, bad ass

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2006 08:56:32 PM »

so, a good friend is having her "4th annual 29th birthday" in a coupla weeks. she's a bit of a crafter, so she totally appreciates the whole made gift thing. she's a nursing student (with me!) so i was thinking of doing something nursing themed? she has total nurse pride, so i think she'd love something like that. i just saw the TLSG glasses and i was thinking of making some with some nursey picures on them... any other ideas?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's because all words are dust
mcc
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006 09:23:27 PM »

well my friend is a nurse and some of the things her and her nursing buddies go crazy over are jewlery, handbags, and pens. They constantly buy crafted stuff. They buy these hug flower pens which is just a bick pen with a faux flower wrapped on it with floral tape.. love those... and right now my friend is getting me to make some iron-on transfers for her uniform and hand bags with cartoon charaters that say their unit on it. Apperently they all want to get together and get all these things so maybe if my transfers are a hit I may be making a bit of money here, teehee. Idn.. anything is cool... decoroating pens, or name tags, little accessories I think are cute. Being able to put your identity on things is a huge thing as things tend to walk away very easy....
 Good Luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006 01:01:25 PM »

Haha I'm not really sure if its age appropriate (not sure how old ya'll are im assuming college age) but at any rate I was walking through the the flea market and saw somethng and when I read this post the first thing that came to my mind was what I saw which was a "naughty nurse" outfit/accessories. Grin lol have to add a lil goofiness to the mix lol good luck tho
THIS ROCKS   Logged
white trash hero
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006 01:27:47 PM »

my mums a student nurse and she really wants a stencilled tee with a nurse cartoon on i saw a couple that i might do her.
have you seen the nurse hoodies in the hoodie swap thing ..they were awesome! oo oo or you could get her a posh stethascope oo oo or that anatomy colouring book i love that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006 01:41:22 PM »

It's easy to find scrubs patterns at sewing shops. Perhaps a new scrub top is in order if you can sew? Or make matching tops for the both of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
white trash hero
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006 01:48:59 PM »

you should do a pimp my scrubs! make them totally cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cadie

nurse, yarn enthusiast, bad ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006 04:53:28 PM »

haha. thanks for the ideas guys! i like the idea of customized scrubs. somehow the storebought stuff always has SOMETHING about it that makes me want to die.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's because all words are dust
ktwags
Creatively Natural

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006 07:40:23 PM »

what about making a little  nursing shadowbox.  I saw them do this on diy net once.  It was cool .  It had a fake syringe, scrubs,a poem about nurses a few other nursing things, and a picture in it.  It looked cool, i don't know how hard it would be to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...