A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: AHOY! ITS A BOY pirate baby shower  (Read 2632 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

le_coiffeur04
« on: May 10, 2006 07:42:11 PM »

My hubby and I are expecting a baby boy soon and we are doing his room in a pirate theme. I need ideas for not to scary kinda silly kiddy pirate stuff. i was thinking of light blue skull and cross bones flag. It is for a baby and a shower so i dont want anything to harsh.. I know I want to put ahoy its a boy on the front of the invitations but not sure what kinda picture or clip art to use. any ideas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006 10:35:40 PM »

"Ahoy! It's A Boy!" is the cutest thing!  Cheesy I think cartoony pirate stuff would be best. (I'm trying to find a good example on Google images, but I'm not finding anything...) If you want, I could draw and scan (and maybe touch up/color in Photoshop) a cute cartoony skull-and-crossbones.

What kind of ideas are you looking for? Things that your shower guests could make at the baby shower?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
CharmCityMama
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006 08:00:20 PM »

Huh
Are you throwing your own shower?
I love the pirate theme, so very cute! 
I think you definitely need to use these guys http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=catalogProducts.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=16/733&mode=Searching&erec=8&sp=true&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&N=377442&Ntk=all&sd=PIRATE+RUBBER+DUCKYS

I have also seen little Jolly Roger soft shoes (like Robeez).  You'd have to get those as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006 08:38:06 PM »

Yeah... I'm confused too. Hopefully a good friend or family member will throw the shower for you. 

This is an awesome theme.  Here is a cute thing I saw on a japanese site:
http://www.chocoa.jp/D00991.shtml  They didn't have anything else that was baby/pirate themed. 
Anchors are piratey too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CharmCityMama
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006 05:25:08 AM »

hey, can you order stuff from that website, since it's not in English, or any language except Huh? Huh?   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006 09:04:16 AM »

Isuppose you could order form them if you were really determined.  I just have it marked as cuteness inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006 02:10:26 PM »

this is the coolest idea!

for clipart on the invites, you could use a parrot, an anchor, some sort of desert-island looking picture, a picture of a baby in a pirate hat, a sword, a pirate ship... uh.  that's all i can think of for now, but i hope that helps if only a little!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006 05:14:41 PM »

awsome ideas eveybody. i love the pic of the baby in a hat idea for the invites. I am doing the baby shower and decorating his room in pirates just to clarify. I have to have those duckys too they are so cute. thanks for helping me. its kinda hard to find kiddy pirates. you guys rock
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CharmCityMama
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006 04:43:56 PM »

here's something else I came across for you! http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/coll.do?coll=RB3553&dept=RB1712 If you continue with this theme by the time he is in a big kid bed.
When are you due, anyway?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006 08:48:38 PM »

Pottery Barn Kids has a line of stuff that's called Treasure Island.  Its pretty beach and piratey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Onigiri - Japanese Rice Balls
How to Make Traditional Ikura Sushi, Gunkan Style
How to Cook Chicken Teriyaki for a Japanese Bento Box
How to Make Wagyu Tartar, Gunkan Style
Vegetarian Japanese Bento Box Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...