A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another girl looking for party advice? Why help me? I've got cookies....  (Read 1092 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2006 06:53:36 PM »

PsYChE!
Sorry, I can't actually give you cookies, as you may have guessed, but I totally would if I could!
Anyway, I originally planned on having the Most Awesome Harry Potter Party Ever to celebrate my sevententh birthday, but I've been sick for a while (I'm actually starting Home and Hospital this Monday, which is a home-schooling program since I've missed so much class, lately), and I don't think think I have time . There for, the HP party is postponed 'til the seventh month dies (Harry's birthday :]), when I'll hopefully be feeling back to normal.

But yeah, the problem lies in that I still want to have some sort of party, but it can't be too high mantience because I'm still sick and my birthday lands right in the end of finals week (June 8th)

Um, I hate all text posts so here's a picture:

As you can see in the above, it's a pirates life for me Wink. This is one theme I'm concidering, because the one thing all of my friends have in common is a love of pirates. There have been lots of "HelpMeI'mHavingAPiratePartyPleaseHelp!!!!" threads, here, but none of them have really gone very far (yep, I've already looked them up :\)

Also, I'm very much in the WB show, Supernatural; Harry Potter, as I said, Japanese Fruits/decora styles; Faeries and toadstools;   and The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

Oh, and I'm turning seventeen Roll Eyes

So, yeah, any ideas would be appreciated! Any! I plan on about 10-15 (at the most) of my friends showing up, if that helps Smiley
Since I won't be able to see my friends, much, now that I can't go to school, this get-togrther really means a lot to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006 01:11:50 PM »

I'm so sorry you're sick, GreenWhimsy.  I hope you feel better soon.

You share a birthday with my daughter. Smiley  Her princess party will be easier to pull off.  lol

Are you well enough to be up and about for awhile? If not, maybe just an evening with a load of DVD's and a metric buttload of popcorn and m&m's.  Umm, I have no idea.  A pirate scavenger hunt around town?  With pirate gold necklaces hidden around and clues written out like a logic puzzle, so it's not quite so little kid-ish.  I'm so sorry, everything I can think of is rather more geared toward little kids.  (My oldest is 8.)   I have no idea.  But I'll keep it in mind and try to think of something for you.

I hope you feel better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006 01:21:27 PM »

pick a word at random and have everyone bring a movie with that word in its title. most obscure film wins. i don't know, kinda dumb but i've always wanted to host like a monthly movie club where we have a "word of the month" like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006 11:05:34 PM »

I'm so sorry you're sick, GreenWhimsy.  I hope you feel better soon.

You share a birthday with my daughter. Smiley  Her princess party will be easier to pull off.  lol

Are you well enough to be up and about for awhile? If not, maybe just an evening with a load of DVD's and a metric buttload of popcorn and m&m's.  Umm, I have no idea.  A pirate scavenger hunt around town?  With pirate gold necklaces hidden around and clues written out like a logic puzzle, so it's not quite so little kid-ish.  I'm so sorry, everything I can think of is rather more geared toward little kids.  (My oldest is 8.)   I have no idea.  But I'll keep it in mind and try to think of something for you.

I hope you feel better!

Thanks so much for your concern, Kahlua  Kiss. It all started as a Thyroid disease. I'm mostly better but I still feel really tired, sometimes, and weak. Now, since I've missed so much school this year due to that, I've started having anxiety attacks and I still have trouble remembering things and concentrating on things that used to be more simple  Undecided. I just started taking some new medicine so hopefully I'll be back to normal, soon Smiley

I like the scavenger hunt idea a lot, though I'm not that it would work really well in my area. Little kid ideas are fine, though (I think I spent so much of my childhood being an adult that I'm making up for it, now Cheesy)

Happy birthday to your daughter!

pick a word at random and have everyone bring a movie with that word in its title. most obscure film wins. i don't know, kinda dumb but i've always wanted to host like a monthly movie club where we have a "word of the month" like that.
[/quote]

I'm not sure that my friends would be too into watching a bunch of movies at once (they're kind of a wild bunch Wink), but that monthly movie club sounds great! Maybe I'll try to organize something like that, too Cheesy

EDIT* Wow, I just realized that yesterday was my first Craftster birthday! Yay Cheesy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caroline8
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006 11:50:03 AM »

nice hat and cute cat

now we've got that over with.....how about a party incorporating all of your favourite things?

For example;Pirate outfits, with harry potter movies (the third one is the best), fairy games (you'll have to be a little imaginitive, maybe a sort of fairy twister?) and japanese food.

Just a few ideas, have fun and i hope you get well soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006 12:19:46 PM »

nice hat and cute cat

now we've got that over with.....how about a party incorporating all of your favourite things?

For example;Pirate outfits, with harry potter movies (the third one is the best), fairy games (you'll have to be a little imaginitive, maybe a sort of fairy twister?) and japanese food.

Just a few ideas, have fun and i hope you get well soon Smiley

Heh, I never thought of that actually - just mashing everything together into some massive fandom fest! Intersting. I should think more on that Wink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KariudoMegami
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006 11:21:35 PM »

Well, I don't have too many ideas on what to do for the party, but you could either make the people who don't dress out for your party walk the plank, or hex them. Or give them a choice between the two. -Ooooh, you could even get some (perminant?) markers and draw 'shark bites' and 'hex marks' on them! That would be so cute!

I like the idea of making it all one big party, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

Back to the ideas! -You've gotten me started. Hoooo, boy.- Have you heard about talk like a pirate day? You should make everyone going to your party read the website (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html) and talk like that for the rest of the day! -at the very least, it'd be pretty amusing.-

You could also, if you felt like it, make little Pirate/Hp goodie bags. I'm not too sure what you'd put into them, although I'm sure you could think of something.

Decoration-wise. Maybe make little cut-outs of fairies in bright colors and hang them from the ceiling/hang them on the walls? Going with the cut-outs idea, you could also make little spanish ships, pirates, treasure chests, owls, duelling wizards, whatever struck your fancy.

Maybe go to the local dollar store and buy some of those cheap plastic bead/necklaces, and give a few to friends as 'booty'. Or you could make a treasure map, with riddles and such, and have your friends find it. (or maybe you could hide the birthday cake.)

Anyway, I hope you have a great birthday, I love your hat -cute picture!-, and I hope you get better in a very short order. Yarrr, matey! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006 11:37:35 PM »

Well, I don't have too many ideas on what to do for the party, but you could either make the people who don't dress out for your party walk the plank, or hex them. Or give them a choice between the two. -Ooooh, you could even get some (perminant?) markers and draw 'shark bites' and 'hex marks' on them! That would be so cute!

I like the idea of making it all one big party, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

Back to the ideas! -You've gotten me started. Hoooo, boy.- Have you heard about talk like a pirate day? You should make everyone going to your party read the website (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html) and talk like that for the rest of the day! -at the very least, it'd be pretty amusing.-

You could also, if you felt like it, make little Pirate/Hp goodie bags. I'm not too sure what you'd put into them, although I'm sure you could think of something.

Decoration-wise. Maybe make little cut-outs of fairies in bright colors and hang them from the ceiling/hang them on the walls? Going with the cut-outs idea, you could also make little spanish ships, pirates, treasure chests, owls, duelling wizards, whatever struck your fancy.

Maybe go to the local dollar store and buy some of those cheap plastic bead/necklaces, and give a few to friends as 'booty'. Or you could make a treasure map, with riddles and such, and have your friends find it. (or maybe you could hide the birthday cake.)

Anyway, I hope you have a great birthday, I love your hat -cute picture!-, and I hope you get better in a very short order. Yarrr, matey! Wink

Wow! Thanks for everyhting! I thought this topic had walked the plank;)

I've been caught up in trying to make up school work and in crafty items to hoepfully sell, ssoon, so I haven't been putting as much thought into this as I should. I really like you punishments for non-dresser-uppers Smiley

Ha, the music mix'll be loads of fun!

Harry and the Potters and the HP sountracks for HP.
Classic Rock for Supernatural.
The Medaeval Baebes and Enya for Fae.
The Pirates of the Carribean and Muppet Treasure Island soundtracks for Pirates.
And my Polaris CD for Pete and Pete  Grin.

It'll be wild!

I was thinking that the invites could include pieces of maps that everyone would have to bring and put together to find treasure/AKA the cake Wink.

Again, thank you for all of your suggestions and for spurring my imagination! I why just feeling really bad when I checked this and now I'm smiling again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KariudoMegami
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006 08:30:11 AM »

Wow! Thanks for everyhting! I thought this topic had walked the plank;)

I've been caught up in trying to make up school work and in crafty items to hoepfully sell, ssoon, so I haven't been putting as much thought into this as I should. I really like you punishments for non-dresser-uppers Smiley

Ha, the music mix'll be loads of fun!

Harry and the Potters and the HP sountracks for HP.
Classic Rock for Supernatural.
The Medaeval Baebes and Enya for Fae.
The Pirates of the Carribean and Muppet Treasure Island soundtracks for Pirates.
And my Polaris CD for Pete and Pete  Grin.

It'll be wild!

I was thinking that the invites could include pieces of maps that everyone would have to bring and put together to find treasure/AKA the cake Wink.

Again, thank you for all of your suggestions and for spurring my imagination! I why just feeling really bad when I checked this and now I'm smiling again!
Oh, I wish I lived near you! It sounds like your party's going to be so much fun...

I sympathise with you about school, though. We're taking finals. -what fun- Actually, I'm typing this from school. Roll Eyes  I hadn't even thought of music, but I love your mix! Good taste. I'll be sure to tell you if I have any more ideas about your party, and I'm glad I could cheer up your day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Correct Color with Variations
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Color with Variations
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing Variations
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop with Perspective
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Straighten with the Measure Tool
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...