A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Button / Badge / Pin Makers  (Read 90640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

enbal

Graphic Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2007 10:03:06 AM »

The lowest price I found is on http://www.buttonboyinc.com/
and they gr10 exapt the want the paymant with western-union and you can't pay with paypal or credit card, but it worth it, you can buy some of the things on ebay, so maybe you can pay there with paypal.

I don't know for sure but i red here once "badgeaminit" put their logo on the badge's back.

ButtonMakers are gr10 but they owfell in counting , they sent me twice less parts than I order, first time 1000 were missing and the second 2000 part less  Angry
and you can only count the mylers, not the other parts you get.
but my friend order from them and very happy with them, he got more than he order (but not that parts i needed). Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
barracuda
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2007 06:10:12 PM »

Hello,

I have a Model 100 that I bought off ebay a few years back.  I became very frustrated with it at the time and set it aside.  Now, I'm ready to tackle it again.  I need help though and I didn't see this question really answered within this thread.

I am having problems with the mylar attaching to the button frame.  It pouches in random spots.  On some buttons, I can literally peel the mylar off with ease.  I have experimented using different amounts of force when pressing the buttons with no real results.  The buttons just do not look smooth.

Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
enbal

Graphic Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2007 04:09:22 PM »

It sound like you used thick paper, you can use only 80-90 gram papers.
hope I was helpful   Smiley
Hello,

I have a Model 100 that I bought off ebay a few years back.  I became very frustrated with it at the time and set it aside.  Now, I'm ready to tackle it again.  I need help though and I didn't see this question really answered within this thread.

I am having problems with the mylar attaching to the button frame.  It pouches in random spots.  On some buttons, I can literally peel the mylar off with ease.  I have experimented using different amounts of force when pressing the buttons with no real results.  The buttons just do not look smooth.

Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
barracuda
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2007 08:41:37 AM »

It sound like you used thick paper, you can use only 80-90 gram papers.
hope I was helpful   Smiley

Thanks for your comment.  Its not the paper though, as I have been using magazine paper that is definitely less than 80-90 gram.  I'm really at a loss here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmBem
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2008 04:39:28 PM »

I gave my brother an "Amazing Button Maker" for christmas 2 years ago. It was a toy one, but works just fine. It was a cheaper alternative (about $15) to the hundreds of dollars for a button press.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hearts and laserbeams
« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2008 03:39:35 PM »

don't know if this was answered already, i'm gonna go through and read all the posts later tonight, but has anyone bought one of those interchangeable button makers? i was looking at this one originally:

http://www.buybuttonparts.com/shop/3in1-big-bench-press-button-maker-system-combo-p-56.html

but now that i'm reading all the not so savory reviews about badge a minit here maybe i'll go with something else... thanks for the input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

buttonmakers
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2008 11:53:34 AM »

Hello,

Any suggestions?

If it's not the paper, you might just want to send the machine back to Tecre for an adjustment. Since it's after 30 days, you might have to pay (and you'll definitely have to pay for shipping) but they'll totally fix your machine for you. You could give them a call to see if they can walk you though adjusting it yourself also. The number is 1-800-394-9168.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

buttonmakers
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2008 12:13:29 PM »

The lowest price I found is on http://www.buttonboyinc.com/
and they gr10 exapt the want the paymant with western-union and you can't pay with paypal or credit card, but it worth it, you can buy some of the things on ebay, so maybe you can pay there with paypal.

I don't know for sure but i red here once "badgeaminit" put their logo on the badge's back.

ButtonMakers are gr10 but they owfell in counting , they sent me twice less parts than I order, first time 1000 were missing and the second 2000 part less  Angry
and you can only count the mylers, not the other parts you get.
but my friend order from them and very happy with them, he got more than he order (but not that parts i needed). Undecided

We count all of our parts by weight. Sometimes, on the really light stuff, the counts are off. We try to always throw in extra to make up for this though.

If you were 1,000 off, then it was a human mistake. Like someone forgot to put an entire bag in the box or something like that. We NEVER intentionally stiff our customers and we bend over backwards to fix mistakes. If you're missing something from your order just let us know and we'll send out replacements. We've never just left anyone hanging like that.

We're really are nice kids, and we love all of our customers. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2008 03:52:50 PM »

the badgeaminit 2 1/4" starter kit is on sale right now from $75 down to $30.

http://www.badgeaminit.com/starterkit.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
enbal

Graphic Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2008 04:29:36 AM »

Every year the on-line stores change prices, and there is a lot of competition I guess
So , for now I found few w/ lowest prices for badge parts...it's depend on which size you need:

For 1" - http://buttonboyinc.com/
For 2.25" - http://www.badgeparts.com/
http://www.tecre.com/index.iml
http://www.americanbuttonmachines.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Wolf Howling
How to Draw a Wolf Head
How to Draw a Panda
How to Draw a Cute Pig
How to Draw a Penguin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...