A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mixed Ages Slumber Party/Girl's Night In Theme???  (Read 1544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

k8kre8s
hand-made, not slave-made

power to the cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006 06:18:34 PM »

i work in social services and child protection (woo hoo for committed, big-hearted people! Grin). one thing i included in spa time once was hand massages with nice smelling lotion. this may require close supervision and coaching on how to be "gentle", but i found it gave aggressive kids an opportunity to be physically appropriate and bond with each other in way that felt safe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft_t_chic
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006 06:52:08 PM »

Hand massages are a great idea! (and double points for adding the learning part to it...that's what we always need to focus on!!!) Grin

So far, it's looking like it's going to more of a spa night...we'll make lip gloss, paint nails, do hand massages, watch a girly movie...I'm thinking of asking to get some fresh fruit cut up from the kitchen (WOOHOO for one less thing I have to prepare myself!), maybe some fruity beverages like smoothies or something like that (I have leftover umbrellas from a party!), possibly facial masks if we can track down the supplies...

I think we have some extra pillow cases somewhere...if I find some, maybe we will decorate them! (I'm on such a limited budget right now...so trying not to actually BUY anything!) Then maybe some paper bag books or something to remember the night. (Adding pics later when I develop them) I think I am making some little necklaces out of glow stars for each of them, and I think we have a ton of girly prizes in the storage room that I can use to make up some goody bags! I might even try to knit up some wash cloths for each of them...it's a quick project, and I'm off this weekend!  Roll Eyes We'll see!

Thanks to all of you for all your help!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Selena Gomez Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Miley Cyrus Hair
How to Get Hollywood Glam Hair
How to Get a Side Ponytail
How to Get a Messy Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...