A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mesh hats + iron on?  (Read 754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TulipOhare
swiss miss

I'm a knitter, crocheter, and basic crafty wannabe

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2006 10:37:58 PM »

So, I've mentioned this before on other areas of Craftster, but I have three autoimmune diseases. Having them makes me incredibly sensitive to the sun, and I can't find any hats I like / that look good on me.

I found a website that sells plain mesh trucker hats for fairly inexpensive - my only question, is would iron-on transfer printer paper work for the material on the front of the hat? I've never really used Iron on before.

And if not - how would you suggest I go about putting an image on the front of the hat without embroidery or sewing?

I think it'd be really cool to design some graphs (since I am a graphic designer) around some of the obscure stuff I like and put them on the hats.

Anyway - thanks for any help that might come my way. :)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006 08:40:42 PM »

Hello Cheesy,

Well, about the iron on...sometimes the fabric of the hat make things a little tricky to stick on. But, there is a topic about Iron on at this forum..people  are great overthere..maybe someone out there can give you a good tip Wink.
      Now, here at the discussion and questions, there is a post about reverse applique..and that would be a good thing to do on your hat...the sewing part is quite simple..take a look at the post  Cheesy - Great info there!
( http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94309.0)
     And... there is always fabric paint pencils, puff paint, etc...you can do any design you wish...and I think this is your area...I am not sure where the post is, but run a search here at the "clothing" Rostitchery gives a nice explanation how to use and cure puff fabric paint!
     I hope this will be helpful to you...
Perach

PS: It just occurred to me that you could iron on the printed design on a fabric of your choice and the make the applique on the hat..well just brainstorming here...
Ah!...someone just put some cute crystals on a hat..I am sorry I can remember the name..but it is here too...maybe run a search on hat and crystal..
I am telling you, people at crasfter are soooo inspiring...simply AmA ZinG
Perach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006 02:43:13 AM »

it's really hard to say whether or not they'd actually work without knowing what the fabric was made out of.. but, you can always iron them on to a more compatible fabric (an old white tshirt usually works well Smiley )and then sew/glue that on.

I can't help but second the rhinestone/crystal suggestion.. I'm a sucker for ANYTHING shiny..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
African American Hair Care Tips
How to Assess Thinning Hair
How to Fix Dull Hair Color
How to Make Voluminous Hair Last All Day
How To Get Silky, Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...