A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,529
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fingerless gloves (and freaky absent-mindedness)  (Read 1116 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ceedah
« on: May 09, 2006 02:44:00 PM »

So, I made my friend a pair of fingerless gloves.  Just finished recently, though I started them in January.  Yes, it's getting a bit too warm, but I was kind of in a slump this winter and wasn't knitting much; so, better late than never, right?  At least she'll be able to use them come the fall.

Here she is wearing them:

http://photos-646.facebook.com/n24/217/72/19100062/n19100062_30090646_9722.jpg

Yay!  She seems to like them.  And fingerless gloves might just be my favorite things to knit (socks would be the only real rival). Admittedly, being lazy, I prefer making fingerless *mittens*, but she wanted gloves, and I should be less lazy, so yeah.  Tongue

Now comes the creepy part.  A few weeks ago, I went to Pittsburgh to visit a different friend.  Just today I decided I should wash the clothes that I took with me.  As I went through the backpack where these clothes were, I found...this:

Shocked

Umm...whoa.  The only explanation I can think of is that I must have started knitting the second glove, lost track of the first one without realizing I'd lost track of it, and then started the "second" one (and finished the pair, which I gave to my friend!) without it ever occurring to me that I'd made three.

I'm only 21 - I'm not supposed to be this absent-minded yet, am I?!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011 05:06:30 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krisnotes
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006 07:41:03 AM »

LOL! Hey well finish it and make the OTHER second and y'all will have a "best friend's" set. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a toothpaste on the wrong side of the toothbrush kind of day.
ceedah
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006 08:18:24 AM »

Hey, now there's an idea!  I wonder if I have enough yarn...might not...   Sad  Maybe I'll try and see, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knottyknitter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006 08:20:41 AM »

or finish this one, so that if she ever loses one, you'll have a replacement!!   heheh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceedah
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006 12:25:29 PM »

or finish this one, so that if she ever loses one, you'll have a replacement!!   heheh!

I did think of that, but she never loses ANYTHING (probably why she was so very amused at my having been flaky enough to accidentally make three gloves!)... on the other hand, I haven't been knitting gloves long enoug to know whether my construction methods hold up for very long, so maybe a third one would be good in case one of the others falls apart.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draft a Simple Skirt Pattern
How to Design an English Rose Fabric
How To Learn the Basics Of Bricklaying
How to Build a Bridge
The Food Pyramid Design
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sammy
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...