A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody familiar with Vincent Price?  (Read 809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HippiePunk

Oooh...shiny pretty objects!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 09, 2006 11:30:57 AM »

So I have a friend who's trying to plan kewl stuff to do in a kind of party manner for what my friends are calling "Vincent Price" day. (may 27th, v.p's birthday). I know he was the king of the macabre back in the day but I'm not talking like halloween party here or anything. So far we just have a stack of v.p. dvds, were picking up a copy of the gourmet cookbook v.p & his wife created before he died and now were hard pressed for cool ideas. We know his ashes were scattered in Malibu, Ca but that's in so cal and we're in nor cal (like close to san francisco). I'm just out of ideas. Mr.Price is an icon to one of my friends and were trying to make this special in his honnor. If you guys have any ideas at all I'd greatly appriciate it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We live in a rainbow of chaos
hilatron

Robots craft too!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006 12:21:53 PM »

Maybe games?  Like a Vincent Price trivia game, with questions about his life and/or movies?  Or a Vincent Price scavenger hunt (make people run around finding rubber lobsters a la "The Tingler," and so forth).

The long cut of "Thriller" has to be on the stereo, of course!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Robot: Handmade goods for discerning humans
HippiePunk

Oooh...shiny pretty objects!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006 01:03:16 PM »

Thanks. That sounds like good stuff to go alongside the movies. I almost forgot he did the narration at the end of thriller!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We live in a rainbow of chaos
Dramatrauma
The Broadsword of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006 03:32:03 PM »

VP Was a huge art collector (he bought a Rembrandt skecth when he was 23 !!)...if youre haveing guests all day find out more about his collection and figure out a museum to go to (I know he made huge donations to a couple in LA but he may have done the same up north)...theres always a wax museum visit in his honour (monterey or SF or there maybe another inbewtween)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myfeet

These are my feet!

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006 09:39:08 AM »

wasn't v.p. the house on haunted hill guy you could do a murder mystery or something that would emulate that movie b/c that was a cool movie as far as old movies goes. you could get someone who screams well to be the freaked out girl and some one cooth to be the wife. oh but who gets the honor of being Price?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My beauty is not only on the surface. It goes down deep... layer after layer after layer. Yes, sir! My beauty is very thick.
I blog here:
http://shecancreate.wordpress.com/
swimmingriddles
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006 10:03:09 AM »

He does the speaking part in the middle of Thriller. You could have a "best zombie dance" contest.

mwahaaahaaaahaaaaa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
low_budget_diva
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006 11:05:57 AM »

Yes, some "Thriller" paraphenalia is essential. I seem to recall seeing a V.P. movie that was in 3D--maybe you could provide 3D glasses and show one of those movies? House of Wax comes to mind, maybe that was one of them?
Update: here's the 3D movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045888/
Also, V.P. did a whole binch of movies based on Edgar Allen Poe stories, so apparently he was really into him. So maybe you could do something with that?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006 11:10:10 AM by low_budget_diva » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
cmc_aust

Wandering in the wilderness, I realised I was LOST

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006 03:13:17 AM »

On Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" dvd, there's a short film he did called Vincent which about a boy called Vincent who has a Vincent Price obssession.  It's also narrated by the real VP and is pretty cool.  Tim Burton's latest hero (in "The Corpse Bride") is TOTALLY based on this short film boy too!  Just a growed up version . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I support Breast Cancer Awareness.  Do you?

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
motoredxheart
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006 09:25:29 AM »

v.p. costume contest.  genius i think.  a bunch of people with that classic moustache and furred brow lol.  vincent was an amazing actor, what a cool idea.  hope it goes great.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thanksgiving Burritos
How to Make Thanksgiving Frittata
How to Make Holiday Side Dishes
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 1
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...