A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bliss the Powerpuff Hoodoo doll  (Read 13048 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , power_puff_girls , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 09, 2006 08:08:28 AM »

I made this for teddybearbones in the Voodoo/Hoodoo/Creepy Cute Doll swap, and she's received, so I feel safe posting this.

Flickr

teddybearbones likes the Powerpuff Girls, and so do I. So I made her her own Hoodoo PPG. For an idea of scale, you can look at this other photo of her next to my mobile.

As with all my other crochet/amigurumi, Bliss (oh that's her name, by the way) was made with no pattern (but I will try to remember if anyone wants to know it), I just winged it as I went along. I'm proudest of her eyes, really.

Questions, comments?

ETA: quote of post with pattern! -fantasticmio

Okay, this is going to be lameass.

Do you know how to crochet a ball? I did that (increasing till the round where I do 2 sc in one sc, then 1 sc in next 4 scs), then 1 sc in each sc for 5 rounds, then started decreasing (sc 2 sts tog) until I completed to the round where I sc 2 sts tog then 2 scs in each sc. Then I did 2 sc in one sc for 1 round, then rounds of 1 sc in each sc until I thought the body was just long enough, then a round of sc 2 sts tog, 1 sc in each sc, then a round of sc 2 sts tog until it closed.

Legs and arms are simple, just start crocheting your circle (ch 2, 4 scs in 2nd ch from hook, then 1 round of 2 scs in each sc) then 1 sc in each sc until you think it's long enough, then finish off.

The dress I did in a square (rectangle?) then stitched it together.

The eyes were the tough part. Here's what I wrote down:

Round 1: with white, ch 2. 6 dcs in 2nd ch from hook. join to first dc (and change colour to black)
Round 2: with black (make sure you do 2 stitches in each stitch), 4 sc, 1 hdc, 6dc, 1 hdc
Round 3: (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st) x 2. 2 hdc in next st. (1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) x 3. 1 hdc, sl st to FO.
Round 4: in 12th st, pull up a loop. In next st, 1 sc and 1 hdc. 1 dc each in next 2 sts. In next st, 1 dc and 1 hdc. 1 hdc each in next 2 sts. 2 sc in next st. Sl st to FO.

(Reverse the order in round 3 then round 4 to get the other eye.)

Er, hope that helps.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011 02:22:24 PM by fantasticmio » THIS ROCKS   Logged

starberrii
Silly banana

Wacky Alpacy

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006 05:17:02 AM »

Definately creepy.

But cool too. I bet teddybearbones is really pleased, I know I would be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

her
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006 11:41:23 AM »

I love it! I would love the pattern too Smiley I would make one for my sister Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006 06:53:22 PM »

Okay, this is going to be lameass.

Do you know how to crochet a ball? I did that (increasing till the round where I do 2 sc in one sc, then 1 sc in next 4 scs), then 1 sc in each sc for 5 rounds, then started decreasing (sc 2 sts tog) until I completed to the round where I sc 2 sts tog then 2 scs in each sc. Then I did 2 sc in one sc for 1 round, then rounds of 1 sc in each sc until I thought the body was just long enough, then a round of sc 2 sts tog, 1 sc in each sc, then a round of sc 2 sts tog until it closed.

Legs and arms are simple, just start crocheting your circle (ch 2, 4 scs in 2nd ch from hook, then 1 round of 2 scs in each sc) then 1 sc in each sc until you think it's long enough, then finish off.

The dress I did in a square (rectangle?) then stitched it together.

The eyes were the tough part. Here's what I wrote down:

Round 1: with white, ch 2. 6 dcs in 2nd ch from hook. join to first dc (and change colour to black)
Round 2: with black (make sure you do 2 stitches in each stitch), 4 sc, 1 hdc, 6dc, 1 hdc
Round 3: (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st) x 2. 2 hdc in next st. (1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) x 3. 1 hdc, sl st to FO.
Round 4: in 12th st, pull up a loop. In next st, 1 sc and 1 hdc. 1 dc each in next 2 sts. In next st, 1 dc and 1 hdc. 1 hdc each in next 2 sts. 2 sc in next st. Sl st to FO.

(Reverse the order in round 3 then round 4 to get the other eye.)

Er, hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zen_Hooker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006 06:58:57 PM »

OMG, I just have to say that is way tooo cute.  I'm gonna have to try to make one.  I love The Powerpuff Girls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowtastic
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008 03:59:19 PM »

My boyfriend is recently obsessed with South Park, so I'm going to borrow this idea and make some, maybe all of the characters for him. Thanks for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Could Potato Skins Get Rid of Your Gray Hair?
Tips for Hiding Your Varicose Veins This Summer
How to Protect Your Hair From Sweat This Summer
Beauty Myths That Are Surprisingly True
Common Moisturizing Mistakes Women Make
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...