A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC swap 2 reveal!  (Read 30840 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2006 09:31:33 AM »

Wow this board has been super-active! There's so much to say!

First of all, Madmatigan79, I'm glad you liked everything I sent. I've never made a box before and after I finished yours, I wanted to keep it! I just loved how that blue paper ended up working so nicely. The photos that you posted of your family enjoying the crafts I made just... well... I don't want to get overly emotional or anything, but they really warmed my heart. It was the epitome of what I love best about swapping -- the joy of bringing joy to someone else. I was dying to say something at that point, but settled for just sending links around to my non-craftster friends: "Look at this cute family enjoying crafts that I made!" Everyone I know agrees that your daughter is totally adorable.

And I didn't want to say anything about this before now publicly (since I would give myself away), but I did something during this swap that anyone in a secret swap might want to try -- I sent my partner email messages from an anonymous address over the course of the swap! It was an awesome way to communicate with her directly -- if you've ever wanted to ask your partner a question or send them some photos to post, this is a great solution. It's easy enough to get an anonymous email address through yahoo and I would highly recommend it -- it was fun chatting with you throughout the swap!

Now, on to the other packages... I love the rooster art that TheBon made (she's a whiz with the exacto knife, ain't she?) and that chicken fabric batgirl sent is just amazing. I agree with everyone else here when I say that you should make it into a tablecloth -- it's just so perfect laid out there.

And finally, Gingerquilts, I bow down to your mastery as a quilt artist. That tree quilt is just... well, words fail me. It's absolutely gorgeous. I hope to someday produce something so lovely. On a technical note, I gotta ask -- is it applique or reverse applique? And what technique did you use? Tell me more! Tell me more!

Whew! Do I get a prize for World's Longest Gushy Post? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2006 09:32:28 AM »

I aspire to be that good at sewing (first, a straight seam, then, THE WORLD!!!)

LOL, for my first major project I'm making a "manly diaper bag" for my brother from Amy Butler's nappy bag pattern. It was going really well, feeling quite proud of myself. I got to the big curve to attach the lining, and it was SO HARD!! I did some serious drunk-driving on that seam. THEN....I realized the lining was inside out. GAH!!!! To be continued...LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
gingerquilts
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2006 12:47:53 PM »

Kaesea, the tree quilt is fusible applique, from a pattern, actually.  She has you trace the entire tree AND the borders in one piece on fusible stuff (wonder under, steamAseam).  Then you iron it onto the black fabric and cut out all those bitty parts.  Then you fuse it to the background and do a teeny tiny satin stitch on every edge.  Since I used black fabric and black thread it's very forgiving.  Plus, if I added too many stitches here or there I figured it looked like "nature".

Then I just layered it and quilted in the blue parts.  It's really pretty easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2006 12:59:25 PM »

It's really pretty easy!

Hmmm... maybe for you, ya Quilting Goddess! But thanks for the tips and inspiration.

I've only recently branched out into applique (I learned from this tutorial by the wonderful seaofstars) so maybe I'll try my hand at something more intricate at some point. For now, I'll just admire your beautiful work. Lovely!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2006 01:10:28 PM »

I've never made a box before and after I finished yours, I wanted to keep it! I just loved how that blue paper ended up working so nicely.

You MADE that box?!!? It is fantastic!!! I love the colours and everything but just assumed you got lucky at the store and found a stationary box that matched everything in the first package perfectly! Am I ever dense! How did you make it? I had to run and get it and look at it again - it is seamless...I still would not have guess it was handmade on a FIRST TRY!

Damn, woman! You've got skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onetomatotwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2006 01:57:20 PM »

Hee hee! Yeah... I could hardly believe that I made it myself when it was done. It was hard to give it up. Wink

It was... difficult. But totally worth it. I thought that paper was fantastic. It was a hand-made paper that I bought at Paper-Source, which is actually also where I got the kit to make the box. The "kit" basically comes with pre-cut boards and very detailed, well-written directions. You supply the paper, bookbinding cloth, glues, tools, and patience. Now that I've got the directions, I'd probably cut the boards myself, although it was handy to have them all cut for me.

Glad you liked it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mjadams
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2006 02:21:51 PM »

i know who my FOC is!!!!
My foc is amazing, fabulous, caring and has really cheered me up this month!
Its mommabear!

I just got around to posting pics in the thread of my great last two packages! go check them out! She did my whole wish list:)Smiley

Here is a recap!

package one was two pairs of amazing crocheted earrings that i wear all the time! in my favorite colors.

my second package blew me away!
She made me the things i wanted most! An amazing crafty and super fun kitting bag out of a pillow case! and inside, amongst other things was the most amazingly detailed handmade knitting needle roll! Check out the detail.

For my "surprise", she sent me this pitcher that her friend made in Montana! its beautiful!

along with some buttons to add to my collection:)

Then....theres more:) i love Kermit the frog! the Muppet's have been my favorite since i was a kid:) she found out and sent me all this!

Thank you so much mommabear! i am the luckiest to you have you as my FOC:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2006 05:33:27 PM »

Megan, I am so glad that you like everything and that I was able to bring some cheer into your life.  You are very welcome I really enjoyed crafting for you and getting the gifts for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2006 05:41:13 PM »

Those crochet earrings are so cool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
snacker
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2006 09:19:17 PM »

What amazing goodies!!!!  Goodness, 7 pages that I have missed!

radal16:  The felted necklace: I made it up using inspiration from craftster (Jane Doe and other leafy scarves).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now have a snack!  Snack on!

etsy

flickr

wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chatting With Comedian Jazz Mann
How to Package a Letter with an Inflatable Die
Country Band Rascal Flatts Interview
The Evolution of the Flash Mobs
Learn to Play A Diminished on Guitar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...