A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC swap 2 reveal!  (Read 31305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2006 09:37:52 PM »

I posted a comment about that needle roll in the other gallery, but I'll do it again.  It's amazing, mommabear.

Since Stifflersmom asked me to, here are pictures of what I sent her:

First mailing: 
(                      ) <--Silly, silly me.  I forgot to take pictures before I sent her the handpainted beads that aren't nearly as nice as the ones I found out she bought.  I put them in a last-minute crochet pouch to mail them.

Second mailing:
She thwarted me!  I pulled out the Knifty Knitter to keep her off my scent (I don't remember how to use my knitting needles!).  I planned to make a green wool purse, felt it, and accent it with light pink ribbon.  But she got one in another swap!  It wasn't felted, but it was the same idea.  Then I decided I wanted to try a cupcake hat on the loom.  It just wasn't going to work out, so I frantically turned it into a purse.  Not the best ever, but the deadline was looming.

Also:  a kanzashi pin and a brooch/bracelet set inspired by that awesome magazine "jewel" necklace in the Featured Projects (she said she liked it, but also that she doesn't wear necklaces).

Third mailing:
Time to get serious.  A shirt for her, a shirt for her little son, a flying monkey magnet, and a woven measuring tape purse/coin purse set.

Fourth mailing:
A book for her, and another for her son.  I work in a bookstore on weekends, and I thought it might be a hint.  I didn't reveal myself.  Hehehe.

I love the little Taschen collections of vintage images.  This was the last copy of the Las Vegas collection in the bookstore where I work!  Whew!  Art is a new release; it's about a boy named Art who does art, and it's really sweet. 

Fifth mailing--The Real Reveal:
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
My plan all along was to give a hint in the fourth mailing (I work in a bookstore), and reveal myself with a craft.  One of her top six wishes for the swap included my mirror rosette brooches/hair clips ("girly hardware flower brooch").  I didn't want to give myself away too early, but it seemed silly not to fulfill the wish (plus, my ego took a li'l boost Wink).  So I mailed a pair of hair clips after the fourth mailing.  The envelope was like a fortress--or so I thought.  Alas, the card arrived a week later--without the contents.  But I finished another pair, and they're on their way to her right now.

For the record, I did post-stalk her.  Several times, however, her comments about post-stalking came after I made something she mentioned in her questionnaire.   Cheesy  (But I admit that I don't remember mine, either!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
craft_t_chic
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2006 09:45:05 PM »

Those hair clips are adorable!  Shocked Hehe...and the bag cracks me up! Great job, Bigmouth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy .com
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2006 09:59:08 PM »

MUST STALK BIGMOUTH for a measuring tape bag... hmmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2006 10:07:29 PM »

A week ago, lasandri, I would have laughed.  I really thought that purse was going to be the death of me.  But I experimented with a couple pouches (I just had to do something with the notorious lavendar measuring tapes), and I actually figured out a good way to do it without making it harder than it needs to be.  (If you want to see:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=95899.0 )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2006 06:27:08 AM »

For the record, I did post-stalk her.  Several times, however, her comments about post-stalking came after I made something she mentioned in her questionnaire.     (But I admit that I don't remember mine, either!)
That's not quite right,  I did mention the after the first package arrived that you were an awesome post stalker, and painted beads, kanzashi and the jewels weren't on my wish list, but I do LOVE them! Cheesy:
My secret FOCCER is quite the post stalker! Not only did she discover that I love painted beads,
but also that I am too much woman for one man, so she sent me three. E6000'd to a magnet.
She also discovered that I have a problem with my hoo-ha's and sent a magnet to remind me to keep an eye on them.

Here's a pic of the hoo-ha magnet, three men magnet, beads and pouch:

Here's the action pic I posted, as I couldn't leave the gorgeous beads alone, they had to be shown off in a bracelet I made just as soon as I got home from the PO, they look terrific along side the ones I bought on Etsy:

Here's a pic so you can see the clever kanzashi pin to identify me as a "Crafster out Thrifting":

Thanks again Bigmouth! You are the sluethy-est stalker ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2006 06:48:34 AM »

Talented AND Hilarious...Bigmout h, you are a star! That tape measure bag will live on as a crafting legend for generations to come!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
lasandri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2006 08:57:54 AM »

wooo woo! love em!

oh and little announcement:
and since there are a ton of people on this board (i get everyone at once), i just wanted to say i'm done with finals (*HOORAY*) and i'm going to the happiest place on earth (the florida one) this friday until next thursday! i'm super excited!!! i should have internet there but just in case. and i'm taking my kntting so i can send packages Smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006 09:05:14 AM by lasandri » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2006 10:17:59 AM »

So awesome lasandri, thanks for being a great FOC even with all your stress of school!  Have fun on your vacation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2006 11:10:53 AM »

wooo woo! love em!

oh and little announcement:
and since there are a ton of people on this board (i get everyone at once), i just wanted to say i'm done with finals (*HOORAY*) and i'm going to the happiest place on earth (the florida one) this friday until next thursday! i'm super excited!!! i should have internet there but just in case. and i'm taking my kntting so i can send packages Smiley

I have my two hardest tomorrow...you lucky lasandri! lol Congrats! and have fun in Florida!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2006 11:34:39 AM »

So awesome lasandri, thanks for being a great FOC even with all your stress of school!  Have fun on your vacation!

are you kidding? the only thing that kept me sane was thinking, what would alice want???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Grill Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon and Garlic
Learn how to Grill Vegetable Medley
Learn how to make Grilled Lamb Shoulder with Sweet Orange Mustard Glaze
Mint Leg of Lamb
How to make a Hearty Hamburger
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...