A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,864
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shel Silverstein Swap Gallery  (Read 9347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006 06:54:31 PM »

That armadillo stuffie is SO cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006 05:47:45 AM »

yup! and it's MINE! *slaps lexis' hand away Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Geobabe

I'm moving to Africa

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006 07:07:46 PM »

Hi everybody, sorry I've been so out of touch (especially you, shylittlegoddess!)  May turned out to be a really tough month at work and I have not been able to post pictures of my AWESOME SWAP BOOTY until now!  shylittlegoddess was an excellent swapper, everything she made was really suited to my favorite colors and tastes, and she made things which she knew I could use!

First there is the Uncle Shelby's Calendar!

It has a different "tip" from Uncle Shelby's Handbook for every month!  She even started it at May 06 so I can use it right away!  Here's May:

Next, there's this awesome needle case with a set of needles and two balls of cool eyelash yarn!  Blue and brown are my favorite colors and this yarn will be perfect to knit into a scarf I've been planning for my mom.

I can't decide which of the next two are my favorite.  Both of these crafts require a lot of time and natural talent, neither of which I can seem to find lately.  First is the tote.  It has hand painted pictures from Where the Sidewalk Ends - some of my very favorites. 

and the detail:

I love the adaptation of ickle me pickle me tickle me too!

finally, shylittlegoddess made me the coolest personalized journal!  it has my name on it, with two of my FAVORITE POEMS OF ALL TIME on the cover - and a few more on the inside!  Best of all, there's a foldout on the first page with beautiful drawings and original poetry! 

Thanks so much Leah, that is the perfect first page for what I hope will become a journal full of creativity.  I've already started filling in my next knitting project and it's going to be my craft journal.  Thanks a billion for your patience too.  Everything is finally finished and I'll be sending in the morning!  I hope it's worth the wait! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SidekickFancy
...and then there was Fancy...

Funny how it feels when there's nothing to say...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006 08:03:18 PM »

Shylittlegoddess those are AMAZING! I am blown away.

I love the tote bag. I love that fact that you handpainted them, and how they look different. Amazing job on everything else too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times...if one only remembers to turn on the lights.

You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall.

http://www.wists.com/thegyrlwholived
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2006 05:27:04 AM »

finally, shylittlegoddess made me the coolest personalized journal!  it has my name on it, with two of my FAVORITE POEMS OF ALL TIME on the cover - and a few more on the inside!  Best of all, there's a foldout on the first page with beautiful drawings and original poetry! 

Thanks so much Leah, that is the perfect first page for what I hope will become a journal full of creativity.  I've already started filling in my next knitting project and it's going to be my craft journal.  Thanks a billion for your patience too.  Everything is finally finished and I'll be sending in the morning!  I hope it's worth the wait! 

The Bridge poem that's in the fold out is acctually a Silverstein poem. I forgot to put his name in it.

I'm so glad that you like it. I figured that the needle case could help you keep those together, and you could hang it on the wall to keep it out of the way on your wonderful houseboat!

I'm really REALLY glad you like the floats on the "Flying Shoe Boat".

I look forward to getting your package as well.

That means everyone's sent and soon we all will have recieved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pristinity
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2006 06:58:25 PM »

My package was waiting for me when I got home from school today! There will be pictures on the morrow, or as soon as I find the cord for the camera...

It was all lovely, a picture frame with the poem 'Love', and recordings of Shel reading poems.

Thanks, webdreamy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2006 05:53:10 AM »

Everything in this swap has been amazing so far.  Shylittlegoddes - I LOVE the tote you made!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on... ~John Lennon
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2006 08:51:51 AM »

I tried to embroyder it, it was looking really awsome, but I got totally frustrated when it wasn't turning out the exact way my imagination made it look so I stuck to what I knew better, and that was paint.

By the way Geobabe, that's regular acrylic paint and I didn't seal it or anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geobabe

I'm moving to Africa

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2006 11:31:58 AM »

By the way Geobabe, that's regular acrylic paint and I didn't seal it or anything.

That's fine, I think it will be used for groceries and crafts, so hopefully it will stay clean and dry.  How would I seal it if I need to ?  Scotchguard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2006 11:32:50 AM »

Dunno, anyone else have ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Understanding the Diamond Color
Understanding the Diamond Clarity
Understanding the Diamond Cut
What Are the Four "C"S in Diamonds
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...