A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,503
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beginner's guide to Inkjet Iron-On Transfers  (Read 25875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lhhgbh

Over 180 Different Countries

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006 10:00:26 PM »

well if done with the stuff you buy from the stores it wont last as long. I have heard some people get a few months out of these shirts and others get a few weeks of perfect wear.. It really depends on how you wash the items.. Of course everyone will tell you to wash with cold water and to hang dry..

Now if you want screenprinting lifespans with regular washings and dryings you should use Epson durabrite inks and paper from bestblanks.. Thats what I use to sell t shirts with and the lifespan is phenomenal without any special wash instructions...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Help end wars and hunger, sport a funny T-Shirt!
http://www.such-a-tees.com
Over 180 Different Countries To Show Off Your Pride!!
http://www.flagpridet-shirts.com
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006 04:11:58 PM »

do you think it's possible to use iron-ons on flannel?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
spanarabica

Lordi, Lordi, Lordi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006 08:27:00 AM »

I've been stopping in here looking at everyone's projects for a while, but just read your sticky.  I am definitely going to give this a whirl now.  Very easy to read and thorough advice.  Thank-you.  My sons, husband and I will have lots of fun for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Needlebug
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006 02:30:12 PM »

I always have white lines around the image on my dark t-shirts.  How can I fix this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ndoodles
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006 07:24:20 PM »

I have the same problem as the one above me.  For me though it's for all iron ons.  How can I get rid of the border and just make it look more natural?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chaoticpassion
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006 06:59:17 AM »

I was thinking of getting an iron-on vinyl to coat my pretty little images, would that help prevent cracking in any way?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my site at www.mybunnygoboom.com
kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007 02:40:30 PM »

I just wanted to chime in here and say that the advice given here regarding Epson Durabrite & the method used in the tutorial are perfect! I followed all of the directions to a T - except I used Avery paper (for dark). I made several shirts for my daughter - who is Ms>Picky about it not looking too DIY and they were up to her muster. I have washed and washed and washed these babies with total disregard for method (because I am a lazy laundry slave)and they are still all good.
There was one shirt that was a really heavily colored solid block of graphics that I was a little worried about when I pressed it - thinking it was _surely_ going to crack, but it has only recently started to show any signs of wear at all and that baby is like 7+ months old. The color is still just as bright and solid as the day it was made too. I think that if I had been more careful with my washing methods it would still be okay. Anyway - that's my 2 cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
shad
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007 02:54:31 PM »

Thank you so much for your "how to" on injet transfers.  Now can I embroider over the image on the tshirt?  i.e., use the transfer as a pattern for the embroidery?  i want to make sure there is no cracking. 
Also if I have a phrase i've designed instead of image, do i still need to cut out the entire image?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007 02:56:22 PM by shad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaymeekae
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007 03:43:39 PM »

Thanks for all the info, does anyone know of a good place to buy blank tshirts in England?  It seems like everywhere I can find via google is way more expensive than $2.50 per shirt.

Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007 11:11:56 AM »

Ok I'm having issues. I am in a swap and decided to do an iron-on transfer on a t-shirt. I went out and found one in the mostly cotton composition like my directions say.
I had my iron on a hot setting with no steam. But my transfer didn't stick. I spent extra time making sure I pressed hard on the image while ironing and getting all my edges.
I've used the avery paper before and this was what I used this time. What went wrong? My mom suggests maybe my iron wasn't hot enough but I had it as hot as it can be without steam.
Please someone help as my swap send-out date is tomorrow. I'm planning to buy a different transfer paper package from walmart and see if that makes a difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Alert: Cut Outs
Get Inspired by Nature for Your Summer Wardrobe
Sienna Miller Looks Summery and Sweet in a Seafoam Dress
Tips For Helping Your Swimsuit Confidence
Behind The Scenes: Kate Hudson For Ann Taylor Summer 2013
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...