A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: clear vinyl wallets  (Read 1800 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mixi
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006 04:59:03 AM »

hey annabel, thanx for the tute!  as soon as i buy the material (and get my boyfriend to gimme one of his illustrations) i'll get one going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fudgegirl
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006 12:31:50 AM »

Hey, i've been lurking around this thread for a while now, and i just wanted to say, I made one!!
I'll post some pics as soon as i get of my lazy butt.
I sort of followed that tutorial ^, but more just looked at the pics on the website and nutted it out. Sadly, mine is really kinda dodgy (especially compared to the ones they sell. I just looked back at the website - something i havent done for a while - and mine is rather crap in comparison). but I'll post a couple of pics of it anyway. By the way, does anyone know how to keep the coin pouch bit closed?I've got the flap the goes over the top of the pouch, and it looks like they use a press-stud so I'm going to put in a press-stud. I havent actually done it yet, so if anyone has a better idea, i think i'll change my plan and avoid the press-stud.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006 12:34:43 AM by Fudgegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
distimica
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006 12:43:48 PM »

so your suggesting that they use 2 fabrics... one for the inside, one for the outside.  and sorry...  here in brazil we dont have stitch witchery.  what's that?  WE DON'T EVEN GET DUCK TAPE!!!!  I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS TO PLAY WITH DUCK TAPE!!!  we only get the silver one...  ai caramba!

Duct tape is called silver tape in Brazil. There are plenty of colours now red, blue, even camouflaged, but it used to be only silver, it's the stuff skaters used to fix their tennis with.

I've found it at Kalunga - they call it "fita adesiva multiuso".
http://www.kalunga.com.br/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=KommerceII&category%5Fname=C4%7CEmbalagens&product%5Fid=301203&category%5Fdisplay%5Fname=Embalagens
Here is the red one
http://www.kalunga.com.br/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=KommerceII&category%5Fname=C4%7CEmbalagens&product%5Fid=799705&category%5Fdisplay%5Fname=Embalagens

I should know, I have a bunch. They are the best to fix stuff. Smiley
You should find it anywhere in Brazil. Check the hardware stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
art_rainbows
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006 08:06:21 AM »

i love these purses! i realli want to make one!

the edges do seem so neat! it doesn't look like there is 3 layers (picture sandwiched in between 2 clear material )..... do you think they glue the edges?

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chubbycat
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006 07:08:09 PM »

Can someone tell me what thickness of vinyl you used and where you bought your vinyl. I am going to check out my local JoAnn Crafts, but I thought there might be somewhere online. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fudgegirl
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006 05:30:13 AM »

hi again everybody.. sorry i didnt post my wallet ages ago, but thats what i'm here to do now.
this is probably the best shot (thats a bus card in it to give a bit of perpective or whatever)

this is the 'note' part

ew! i just realised what gross hands i had/have! eeeerrghk! why do my hands look like kiddie hands? and why can't i stoip biting my nails!? Shocked mleeurkgack! (<- random screaming noise)
....sorry about that little outburst....

moving on Wink... this is a picture of the inside of the wallet

and here's the outside:

i didnt have any vinyl, because i'm such a cheapskate, and also becuase i love contact, i just stuck two sheets of contact together to make the clear stuff....omg, did that make any sense at all? Tongue anyway, it was a bit dodgy, but hell, it was a prototype  Wink um..... for the pictures, i just printed out two things, then i glued them back to back. I dont think i have any more non-wisdom to share, so that'll be all lovelies. Kiss
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010 09:58:23 PM by MareMare - Reason: to fix coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Felt Making
The Art of Turkish Glass Blowing
The Art of Ebru
The Art of Turkish Calligraphy
The Art of Recycled African Culture Puppets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...