A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap May Gallery  (Read 13855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2006 11:07:57 AM »

48 hour days, yes, sign me up for those please!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2006 12:58:37 PM »

Writer78, i'm so glad you like the  journal! i was hoping you would like something simple, yet a little sparkly  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2006 09:00:11 PM »

So, I got a couple fantastic necklaces in the mail last week (or was it earlier this week?  it's all a blur) from akhredhead.  I love them, and I intended to take pictures right away, but I fell asleep instead(!).  Then I went out of town for several days.  And now it just sort of came back to me again.  I will post pictures as soon as I can.  I promise.  In the meantime, thank you, akredhead!  They're great.  I'm sorry to be so slack with the kudos.  More are coming.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
pinkangel1979
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2006 12:48:33 PM »

Lovely journal lasandri- may have to add to my Wists and then cross my fingers!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2006 05:52:03 PM »

"Spoil Writer78 Month" continues!  I swear, kids, you'd think it was my birthday every day of June...

The glorious alwaysinmyroom chose me as her "secret swapper" in Uncon May.  Somehow she decided I was deserving of being spoiled rotten - and I have to tell you, it really lifted my spirits to hear all the kind things she had to say about me!  She made me a great big tote bag - "Mr. Tote," we call him, though he is perhaps on the girly end of boy tote bags.  He is made of sturdy powder-blue-and-tan flowered fabric (powder blue is a favorite of mine!), and inside are FOUR big pockets, one of which zippers!  (And a nifty logo of her initials - is that from a customer rubber stamp?)  The shoulder strap is - get this - padded right across the section that will rest on my shoulder!!  That kind of tender and caring detail is what sets beautiful handmade goods apart from off-the-rack cloned stuff that anybody can buy.

The outside flap covers a quilted pocket.  The tan flap is decorated in a favorite theme of mine, which I had been hoping for - Victorian.  She aged the lace by hand (!!!) with a brown ink pad and brush!  Then she decorated with buttons, flowers snipped from the bag's fabric, and - coolest of all - a gorgeous skeleton key.  (Ezri_b will love that touch, I know!)

Inside were some surprises - a CD of her husband's band (which I plan to pop in the CD player next time I get up); a penny (as a Japanese good luck tradition); some designer pocket tissues (a favorite girly accessory); and a romantical flowery handkerchief.  (Did I mention I carry an initial-embroidered hanky from qwerty in my purse??  Now I have another lovely hanky to dramatically drop in order to get some guy's attention!  haha - that cute guy in the pricing department will NEVER know that I dropped it ON PURPOSE... and then he will be caught in my web of coquettishness, and before you know it we will be married and he will be buying me lots of chocolate which will magically not migrate right to my thighs when I eat it...)

*ahem*  Sorry.  Got a little carried away, there.  Anyway.

I am so darn lucky to be treated so well by you, alwaysinmyroom, and by all my craftster friends.  Life has a way of slumping downward sometimes, and it's been doing that to me lately.  You are all a treat to me from God, a sweet reminder to slow down and enjoy the fun things in life along the way.  THANKS for making my whole month so bright.

with love,

-Writer78
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2006 10:28:25 PM »

Okay, finally.  I got a couple of great necklaces from akredhead, and drama's kept me from posting photos.  So here they are!  I mentioned that I could especially use necklaces with black and silver, and she did that really nicely in two very different versions.

A longer one, with more black:

A shorter one, with more silver (obviously I didn't check myself in the mirror before I took the photo--that one black piece isn't supposed to be sticking up like that):

(This one's my favorite, but the picture isn't huge like that on purpose.  I'm just tired of re-editing tonight.   Cheesy)

Thank you, darling akredhead!  I love 'em!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
boywonder

Oh I've got all the courage, I'll ever need.

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2006 12:26:52 PM »

Super Jaami sent me these awesome mini fleece pillowcases. Perfect for my 600km, 8 day biking/camping adventure this summer!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
akredhead
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2006 01:13:47 PM »

Awww...I'm so glad you like them...I hope you get good use out of them!!!

And I love seeing them on you... Smiley

Okay, finally.  I got a couple of great necklaces from akredhead, and drama's kept me from posting photos.  So here they are!  I mentioned that I could especially use necklaces with black and silver, and she did that really nicely in two very different versions.

A longer one, with more black:

A shorter one, with more silver (obviously I didn't check myself in the mirror before I took the photo--that one black piece isn't supposed to be sticking up like that):
(This one's my favorite, but the picture isn't huge like that on purpose.  I'm just tired of re-editing tonight.   Cheesy)

Thank you, darling akredhead!  I love 'em!   Kiss

(Edited by rackycoo to remove photos)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006 04:40:39 PM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2006 02:12:03 PM »

boywonder--are those the pillowcases that you will be stuffing with clothes for your trip?  ha ha hope you don't have to carry much!! Have fun!  They look very comfy and small enough to pack--nice job jaami.

akredhead--lovely jewelery!  Bigmouth, you look wonderful in them, even the one with the black bead pointing right at your jugular...ha ha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2006 07:05:32 PM »

thanks for posting pictures joel! i can't get over how long it takes things to get to canada... that was like, three weeks!  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Maple Butter Will Seriously Upgrade Your Bread Basket
A Thanksgiving Fake-Out with a Kale Twist
A No-Cook Cranberry Relish?!
A Monkey-Bread Thanksgiving Recipe Your Kids Will Love
Sausage and Winter Slaw Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...