A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another Quilt Post: My crazy "million square" quilt  (Read 8612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006 09:34:00 PM »

That looks like an amazing amount of work - GOOD JOB!

I can't imagine having the patience for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006 08:30:39 PM »

Basically, i just went down the rows so that there was (when I was done) a "box" of quilting around every 4 squares.  So when I quilted it, I just went down every other row.  It was super easy and really fast.
I'm not sure what you mean...did you do the standard "Stitch in the Ditch" to machine quilt it?  I do that a lot because it's so quick!
I've starting cutting/collecting little 1.5" squares to make my own "Postage Stamp" quilt.  That way each block will be 1" after seaming.  So, I understand your pain in piecing this one.  Mine will be handquilted though.  My grandmother, aunt, cousin, and I like to quilt, so I have a quilting bee party in place!  lol.
Nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
kitty1256
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006 05:17:30 AM »

Basically, i just went down the rows so that there was (when I was done) a "box" of quilting around every 4 squares.  So when I quilted it, I just went down every other row.  It was super easy and really fast.
I'm not sure what you mean...did you do the standard "Stitch in the Ditch" to machine quilt it?  I do that a lot because it's so quick!
I've starting cutting/collecting little 1.5" squares to make my own "Postage Stamp" quilt.  That way each block will be 1" after seaming.  So, I understand your pain in piecing this one.  Mine will be handquilted though.  My grandmother, aunt, cousin, and I like to quilt, so I have a quilting bee party in place!  lol.
Nice job!

Yep, good old stitch in the ditch.  Good luck with your postage stamp quilt!  You crazy girl, hand piecing it!  I started a grandmother's flower garden quilt a couple years ago (hand piecing it together), but I've sort of lost patience for it.  Maybe sometime I'll start working on it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

H.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006 07:27:41 PM »

this is so awesome! great job!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meli-melo
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006 02:47:45 PM »

THat is fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starlawill
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006 08:53:50 AM »

ok now i want to do that. i've got so much scrap fabric just perfect for this! and i agree, it's really no big thing if the corners don't match up perfectly. it's such a busy quilt (in a good way!) that you don't really notice.

ya know what would be great, doing a swap here with the 1.5 in squares! i've done that on quilting groups before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006 09:13:19 AM »

ok now i want to do that. i've got so much scrap fabric just perfect for this! and i agree, it's really no big thing if the corners don't match up perfectly. it's such a busy quilt (in a good way!) that you don't really notice.

ya know what would be great, doing a swap here with the 1.5 in squares! i've done that on quilting groups before.

oh my gosh that sounds like sooo much fun!  In fact, my mom just inherited a TON of fabric (i am talking like 10 milk crates full of fabric) from some lady, and I was searching through it the other day to try to find something, and I was like...that makes me want to make another one of those crazy quilts!  Maybe we could all sew up the 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch or whatever squares into blocks of 4 (or even larger blocks of 16) to make less work for us later when we go to piece the quilts together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starlawill
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006 09:19:29 AM »

yeah that sounds great!!! ok i'm excited! we HAVE to do this!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006 09:00:12 AM »

A mini-swap sounds like fun - especially if we made up little blocks of 4 squares, then we could send out loads of them because they don't take long to make.  Also, they would be really cheap to post, so we UK quilters could also take part without spending a fortune.  Who knows how to set this up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
zenochka
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006 07:08:40 PM »

wow that is amazing!! How long did it take you to do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Alfe from The Problem Solverz
How to Draw Blastus from Robotomy
How to Draw the Pirate Captain
How to Draw Alex Form Madagascar
How to Draw a Leopard
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...