A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FO - under the hoodie  (Read 3353 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knitwitUK
« on: May 07, 2006 12:03:13 PM »

I've finally finished my Under the Hoodie!
I used Stylecraft aran (20% wool) as I was unable to get worsted wool in the UK.
It is a little bulkier than I expected  even though I knitted the small size (usually I would be medium or large) Not sure if I knitted the neck quite right  - I think I may picked the stitches up too far across.

http://knitwituk.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006 12:16:08 PM by knitwitUK » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog at: http://knitwituk.blogspot.com/
I love to do personal swaps Smiley
xcriot
Don't mind if I do..

MMMbop, It's like an addiction.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006 06:38:11 AM »

Ahh, that's amazing!! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If these walls came crumblin' down
Fell so hard, to make us lose our faith
From what's left you'd figure it out
Still make lemonade taste like a sunny day
ultraviolet
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006 06:56:56 AM »

Oh, I don't think it looks bulky - it looks cozy! I like the colors too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Roisin
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006 08:00:26 AM »

Congratulations!!! You finished before me lol - I still have the hood and the seams to go. Golly, I'm knitting the medium size and I bet it turns out massive :/ Ah well it's the journey that matters... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darcidoodle

Don't let your karma hit your dogma!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006 03:05:23 PM »

The great thing about this hoodie, tho, is if you make it ginormous (like I did), you can *always* felt it down! Extra-super-yummy-cozy. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rilana

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006 08:36:13 AM »

Your hoodie turned out very well. I just cast on for Under The Hoodie yesterday afternoon. I am 4 inches into the back piece already.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tajhia
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006 04:28:55 PM »

I am doing one as well....  using "mystery" yarn from my stash (an ebay bargain)....  all I know about it is that it is 100% wool (merino) and knits up to the right tension.........  the main colour on mine is chocolate brown with the wide stripe being cream and the narrow stripes fawn....  I am going to do the sleeves in the chocolate brown I think....

so far I have got most of the back done...  not bad when you consider that I have pretty much knit the entire thing while playing EQ2 (crafting with one of my alts which has to be the most boring thing on earth - press 2 random keys, wait a while, press 2 more random keys etc etc etc repeat ad-nauseum........  so I knit while I am doing it....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rilana

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006 10:04:39 PM »

I am doing one as well....  using "mystery" yarn from my stash (an ebay bargain)....  all I know about it is that it is 100% wool (merino) and knits up to the right tension.........  the main colour on mine is chocolate brown with the wide stripe being cream and the narrow stripes fawn....  I am going to do the sleeves in the chocolate brown I think....

The version I am making is also a "stash busting" project for me. I am using up the last of my Red Heart Supersaver stash.  Grin The colors I am using: Aran Fleck for the main color. Black for the small striping and a pink raspberry color for the center section and sleeves. I know, odd color combination...but this is for stash busting purposes and for me to wear, in the end.  Wink I am 3 inches from the first striping section on the back. I did not get very far today.

I can't wait to see your version of Under The Hoodie. I will share mine as soon as I am finished, of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mander78
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006 05:37:23 AM »

I love the hoodie!  It looks very comfortable - not bulky at all.  Smiley

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tajhia
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006 07:22:01 PM »

I have managed to get the back of mine done now....  Will try to post a pic of it, but will have to get DH to show me how to use the photo editing software (I used to have adobe photoshop, but DH has changed it to something else and I can't work out how to use it!)...

I took it wiht me to knit when I met some freinds for coffee, and got carried away and ended up knitting the back abot 3 inches too long so had to rip it out and re-do the shoulder cast-offs (did that at home - dind't want to admit that I had knit too much when I was with them LOL)....  but the back is finished and  now I have cast onthe front.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Rihanna Style
Why Women Hate Strapless Bras
Lawsuit Against Kitson Over Drug Related Apparel
Update Your Fall Wardrobe For Cheap
Zendaya Coleman Teams With NFL For Campaign
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...