A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Country Music Swap?  (Read 1757 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sandylin
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006 03:48:28 PM »

This is a fun idea!
I've just decided I need to make myself a little white tank top that says "What Was I Thinking?" on it b/c I'm going to see Dierks Bentley in a month. And oh, yeah, Kenny Chesney. But really I'm going for Dierks.  Grin
I'd be so down for this, providing my schedule worked out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You may be the universe's butt puppet, but I'm its right hand fist of fate." - Wonderfalls
kityeyes
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006 11:20:04 AM »

This is a fun idea!
I've just decided I need to make myself a little white tank top that says "What Was I Thinking?" on it b/c I'm going to see Dierks Bentley in a month. And oh, yeah, Kenny Chesney. But really I'm going for Dierks.  Grin
I'd be so down for this, providing my schedule worked out...

oh yea..hes my ring tone..come a little closer..for my boyfriend lol..oh man he is so cute..i hear any of his songs i stop dead doing whatever it is and start singing allog..then when its over continue on like  nothing werid just happend lol...

i found a new band..www.theroadhammers.com they are great and put on a good show and there just too cool..i love them...if more people knew of them i would so try and do a road hammers swap lol..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lazeedayzee
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006 11:29:01 AM »

Oh! I want in!!! NONE of my friends listen to country music, and I've had to scream at several people to get them to stop making fun of me.

But I can't do a swap for another week or so - I'm a newbie. When would this swap probably take place?

Oh, and as for ideas - I made a really cute reversible halter top from two t-shirts I got at the thrift store - one was Alan Jackson, and the other was I "heart" NY and I can NEVER wear anything but the NY side since my friends are so lame. I'm so excited! I'm going to start looking for more cool country t-shirts. I have a Nelly one, but that doesn't really count...

And I love the idea of the cd for people who don't think they like country! Way back a few years ago I made a "girl power - break-up" CD, with stuff like JoDee Messina's Bye Bye, and These Boots were made for walking etc., and I don't even know who has it anymore - people kept passing it on to other girls they knew who needed a boost. It also had some non-country (oh! and Kiss This - it's a dude singing it, but it still rocks). (Gotta phase 'em in gently...  Wink ) I probably still have the burn list somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006 11:50:01 AM »

I would definatley be interested in participating in this! I have been obsessed with country music latley! Sounds like a lot of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
grannystylee
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006 10:26:58 PM »

I might do this one.  i need a little swap breather, but if the timing is right....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006 11:25:45 PM »

I would be down for it! I am making a CD right now for my partners in the international CD swap of "Country music for people who don't think they like country music". Spreading the word one convert at a time!  Smiley
i like that title. i i am a country music lover myself.  and i have converted 2 friends, my two neices, sister, nephew, and sister in law. i have caught my dad switching the radio to country. AND once caught my brother singing "Man I feel like a Woman". lol now i always play it as a "dedication" to him. he gets so mad. lol
I have made donzens of cds for people who think they dont like country and how its just about some guys dog dying. i like opening them to a whole new light...what was on your cd bythe way??

Oh! I want in!!! NONE of my friends listen to country music, and I've had to scream at several people to get them to stop making fun of me.
i was made fun of a lot in high school when i was so excited about going to a Kenny Chesney concert. Only one other boy in my whole school knew who i was talking about and thought it was cool. I've been to KC's last 4 concerts. usually he's here in june so i get to ask for tickets as a b-day present.

I am DEFINATELY in for this swap. i love country music and have only had one bad experience when i flew to texas for a brooks and dunn meet and greet and then i didnt even get to meet them. my heart broke into a thousand and one pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: http://pinkdinosaur.blogspot.com/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/pink_dinosaur
------------------------------
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
RonnieCat
Weird and Proud of it!

Pleased to meet you, I'm Shiyiya. *curtsies*

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006 06:20:44 PM »

not a thousand, but a thousand and one!!!!!!

yeah, even my dad, who likes country, will sometimes spout off the cliched joke "what do you get when you play country music backwards? ... You get your car back, your wife back, your dog back....."

I have never heard a song, country or otherwise, about someone losing their dog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster chat! Firefox users with Chatzilla installed, go to irc://irc.aniverse.com/craftster http://tinyurl.com/5vv88b has instructions for anyone else, and http://tinyurl.com/62ynka has a link for a browser-based chat Smiley
Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006 04:55:52 PM »

not a thousand, but a thousand and one!!!!!!
yeah i like how a thousand and one sounds. more dramatic lol

my friend was just telling me how country music led to emo music. a bunch of people feeling sorry for themselves and stuff. i could have hit him. There are no songs about dogs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: http://pinkdinosaur.blogspot.com/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/pink_dinosaur
------------------------------
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006 08:32:19 PM »

There are no songs about dogs!

Ah but there is....remember that song about Ol' Red? The guy is in prison, gets chummy with the warden, and gets the nice job of taking care of Ol' Red.  *grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006 06:49:12 AM »

There are no songs about dogs!

Ah but there is....remember that song about Ol' Red? The guy is in prison, gets chummy with the warden, and gets the nice job of taking care of Ol' Red.  *grin*

Ah...but he doesn't lose his dog...he just uses one Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Wear When Shopping
Nazanin Style: Moto Jackets and Boyfriend Jeans
5 Festive 4th of July Looks for Less Than $50
Best Summer Looks For Less Than $50
Lauren Conrad and More Celebrities Love the Little White Dress
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...