A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted Rag Bag  (Read 3364 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noidonthaveaninsidevoice
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006 01:28:20 PM »

Do you know roughly how much fabric you had to use? and what are the purse's dimensions?
i probably used about a yard but that is bc it took me a little while to figure out what size strip to use and such but you could probably do it with about that much bc denim will rip much easier than the stuff that i used did rough deminsions would be about 14'' by 8'' i think those sound about right yea i think so let me know if you make one i wanna see what it looks like oh and i thik that the strips that i ripped were about an inch think some were bigger and some were smaller but yea cool

that is adorable... it almost looks as if its a bunch of little ruffles... and i LOVE the button!

thanks i know i love the way that it turned out like that and i have been waiting for a project for a while now that that button looks good on and i was so excited when this one work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Socalulu99
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006 12:46:31 AM »

I LOVE it!
How did you tear up the fabric? Did you leave it as one long, kinked strip, or did you cut in strips and then tie them together? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noidonthaveaninsidevoice
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006 07:24:12 PM »

To rip it i would just cut the strip at the top of the fabric when it was on the floor and then i would just rip it all the way down sometime you have to like hold the larger side of the fabric down. hmm i think that i am confusing tell me if that made sense if it didnt i will try to explain again
 i tryed at the begining to leave it as one strip but i didnt like the way that it looked and i was really scared that it was going to rip all the way through so i knotted it and just push all the knots so that they are on the inside and you cant really tell unless you are looking for them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Herb Rubbed Pork Chops with Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes
How to Make Mustard Encrusted Salmon with Tomato and Onion Salad
Learn how to Tailgate - Pork Cole Slaw and Baked Beans
Learn how to Make Delicious Tailgating Recipes
Learn how to use the Tailgating Tool Box
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...