A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Giftcard from your own products!  (Read 2119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

123shopaholic
« on: May 05, 2006 04:53:00 PM »

ok well  mothers day is next week and im freaking out cause i have school and exams and a whole lotta work coming up, so i was thinking that i should make a pair of earrings, and then make like a fancy coupon/gift card type thing that is good for one free(pair of earrings/necklace/ or bracelet-- not sure which one) made by me. and then have a little booklet with a bunch of styles i have brainstormed, and then let her choose what style she wants and what kinds of beads and colors from the selection i have.

so thats what i have decided i am going to do and have the gift card really fancy and stuff.

I think it would be a good idea for anyone really, and if you sew or knit you could have the same kind of idea. maybe have a candle with the gift card and then let your mother choose what fabric or wool color she wants for her purse or which ever item you  choose.

what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cait
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006 07:59:49 PM »

I think that is a really great idea. Sometimes I feel like the handmade things I give my mom arent something she would neccesarily want, so I think this idea is perfect because it allows her to pick out something she'd really like, but it also shows that you've put thought into it by including something already made, so it doesnt look like you just forgot!
Thanks for the great suggestion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
123shopaholic
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006 09:21:01 AM »

oh yah! i didn't even think that if i just gave the giftcard it would look like I forgot lol. im not sure if im going to give her earrings with the gift card or not because i was thinking i would make the giftcard for a pair of earrings, which she would tell me what style and color she wanted, do you know what i should give the card with??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spapeggyandmeatballs

This is not good! Worlds are colliding!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006 10:00:28 AM »

I think this is a really good idea. I got a handmade jewelry gift recently that was very pretty and I could tell that a lot of work went into it, but I secretly wish it were a different color! I would be able to wear it a lot more if I had been able to pick a color that goes with some of my clothes. GREAT IDEA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

123shopaholic
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006 11:53:32 AM »

I think this is a really good idea. I got a handmade jewelry gift recently that was very pretty and I could tell that a lot of work went into it, but I secretly wish it were a different color! I would be able to wear it a lot more if I had been able to pick a color that goes with some of my clothes. GREAT IDEA!
thanks for the comment!
and yah i totally know what you mean! this way they can choose what color they would wear most! and the way i am going to do it is let her choose which design of earring she wants if its hoops, square, or diamond shape, and any other extra beads she wants.
I hope she likes it!
And also it's a great idea if you don't have time to make anything! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009 08:51:42 AM »

I love that idea. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
At Home with our Mongolian Chef Odnoo Celik
How to Make Mongolian Buuz Dumplings
How to Make Chinese Beef and Tomatoes
At Home with our Chinese Chef Lena Fung
What is Ghee
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...