A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Paisley Swap. (Sign up- closed) Send out- 6-30. REVISED SWAP  (Read 5050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006 11:10:18 AM »

Um...you get your partner's info when signups close. You and your partner will send each other your mailing addresses. I'm not entirely sure how to let you know all of this, but you have to send your information based on the questionnaire there, and then based on your answers, I pair you with a suitable partner. After, you can PM or email each other with your mailing addresses and specifics on items and so on. As for about the person, I'm not sure what to tell you. Let me get back to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006 09:05:51 PM »

Cakie,
You are fortunate to have such caring and concerned parents  Smiley
Maybe your swap partner can send the goodies to one of your parents at their work address and they can see that it's all good stuff inside!

Just a thought...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006 09:45:48 AM »

I imagine they check out your online activity and where you're browsing- you might want to show them some of the swap galleries for swaps on here. For example, two swaps I'm in right now have great items- the cupcake swap and the forest friends swap! Just have them check out the galleries of recieved items and that might help allay some fears?

I know it's a leap of faith to send stuff out in the post and just hope that you'll get something in the mail in return- it seems too good to be true! But it's really not. That's the amazing thing about Craftster swaps.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
CosmicCranberry
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006 02:35:38 PM »

yayy! i am in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lhackett
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006 02:47:28 PM »

Oh MY! This swap was made for me. I have to finish a few other swaps and then I will allow myself to sign up! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Lindsay is equipped with some very nice options." -googlism.com

www.myspace.com/idonthaveatattoo
www.wists.com/lhackett
TreeTree
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006 02:57:12 PM »

I absolutely LOVE paisley and have been wanting to do a swap, but I have no job and limited funds...can someone give me advice on how to make this affordable?  How much does shipping cost?  Also I technically haven't been here a month until May 13th...but that'll be ok right?  I'm really excited I have a ton of ideas on what to make...heck I'd be making paisley objects now if I knew what colors I have to work with, lol.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006 04:08:20 PM by TreeTree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/Treetree/
My Space:   http://www.myspace.com/tareeree 

I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.
--Pablo Picasso
star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006 07:10:36 PM »

Well, I don't know much about shipping costs in the US, but I guess asking at the post office wouldn't hurt? Read the Swap Process board. You may find answers there.

Cakie: Nutella's and firehead4's ideas are great ones! Try them! Try convince them! We'd love to have you participate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarducky
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006 10:28:50 PM »

can someone give me advice on how to make this affordable?  How much does shipping cost?
If you are looking for paisley fabric, go to a thrift store. There are men's shirts and ties with very dramatic prints on them for cheap, they are usually just in the navy/maroon/forest green theme, (but maybe your partner likes those colors), but sometimes you can find something really interesting. You can make a stencil/paint directly onto something, or do an applique with scrap fabric. Embroidery floss is cheap, but if you try hard and put effort into it (maybe even if you don't), it will look awesome.
To minimize shipping costs, be sure to take into account the weight of an item before you make it. Like rocks would not be good, but a t-shirt would be. If your crafts aren't fragile, ship them in a padded envelope. If you buy one at walmart or an office supply store it will be cheaper than the post office. www.USPS.gov has a shipping calculator.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap sometime. pm me ^_^
gebah

this is a test....lol

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006 04:50:36 AM »

i adore paisley....i may have to sign up for this one....but i won't be able to decide until the last minute!!!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006 10:55:50 AM »

This will be my third swap but I am addicted now! I went a little overboard my first swaps but I am an adult with the means to do so.  My advice to you younger gals is to get creative!  I love receiving items that might not cost a lot but was made with a lot of ideas, etc. Even if your skills aren't that great, it is the fact that you are learning something new and doing your best that makes me happy! I also love to make things for people that they would appreciate; not all young people appreciate how much work goes into making something homemade! All of my partners have made me feel terrific for doing what I love!

I think doing swaps is great to meet new people and to keep busy. Craftster people are mostly respectful of age, culture, finances, etc. so it is a great group to work with.  I would encourage parents to look at this site:  there is something for everyone!

Let's have fun, peeps! PAISLEY PAISLEY PAISLEY!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Business Logo Design Tutorial in Adobe Illustrator
Undo History in Photoshop Elements
Move Selections in Photoshop Elements
How to See Two Views in Photoshop Elements
Using the Zoom Tool Shortcut in Photoshop Elements
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...