A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
748 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Of human bondage pants: an epic of deconstruction  (Read 8135 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xXxRainbowChildxXx
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006 05:29:55 AM »

those are so cool! i also love the heart on them. it adds a very interesting touch!

i was going to get involved in the conversation, but i think im going to keep my mouth shut  Roll Eyes lol

That's probably a good idea. You might have people disliking you if you get involved. But I don't care. I hate labels. They're so pointless. And so is judging.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some Craft For Business, I Craft For Fun.
raining_dreams
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006 03:04:11 PM »

lol. besides, i always say what i dont mean and i think maybe this isnt my time to open my mouth.
 i do think that what you said is really cool though  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Street lights dance and street lights sing
Someone cut the oxygen and took a message to the king
Announcing that he wasn't royalty
blog
vegan food blog
kittenkraft

aww.. cute it's icecream

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006 03:41:08 PM »

wow! those pants are amzaing!

what did you make the straps out of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Strutter
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006 08:34:08 AM »

I have a friend who thought she was *so punk* until I told her that if she was really punk, 1) she wouldn't claim to be, 2) she wouldn't listen to Fall Out Boy, and 3) she wouldn't be disgusted by thrift stores, too lazy to make something for herself, and willing to spend $200 of her mom's money at Hot Topic. So yeah, now she thinks she's emo instead. *laughs*

I'm definitely not punk, but I appreciate what you've done. I especially like the heart on the leg.

I don't really understand why people have to label. I mean I know people do it all the time. But it gets old. And as for the people who claim to be? Let them do what they want. It's their choice. Be mad about it if you want to but you don't know them. So regardless of that small amount of hypocricy that they probably have that's pretty judgemental.
I don't call myself anything. I do what I want. Wear what I want. Listen to what I want. And hang out with whoever I like. Even if they're the girls that shop at hot topic non-stop. AND. Not all of them call themselves punk...I'd know.

REGARDLESS: This is an amaing idea.

Thank you. I agree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittty
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006 09:41:30 AM »

I'm quite amused by the conversation here. I have no problem with people shopping at stores like hot topic. I don't do that myself but I would rather make stuff to wear or get cheap stuff and do a recon. I do think it is a bit silly that some people will go and spend alot of money on crap clothing. I don't really have a grudge with people buying it but I do have a bit of a grudge with the companies making the clothing. Clothing used to only look used and ripped but now most companies have taken that as an excuse to actually make really cheap clothing that won't last long.

Well that's really all I have to say about all this stuff...

oh and that people who listen to certain bands are not "punk" or something. Punk is a way of life not what you wear or what music you listen to. Or at least it used to be

I do love the pants though!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TAddictedAngelT
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006 10:34:44 AM »

o  i have strap thingies like that. aren't those the jeans from pacsun>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xXxRainbowChildxXx
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006 09:59:46 AM »

I have a friend who thought she was *so punk* until I told her that if she was really punk, 1) she wouldn't claim to be, 2) she wouldn't listen to Fall Out Boy, and 3) she wouldn't be disgusted by thrift stores, too lazy to make something for herself, and willing to spend $200 of her mom's money at Hot Topic. So yeah, now she thinks she's emo instead. *laughs*

I'm definitely not punk, but I appreciate what you've done. I especially like the heart on the leg.

I don't really understand why people have to label. I mean I know people do it all the time. But it gets old. And as for the people who claim to be? Let them do what they want. It's their choice. Be mad about it if you want to but you don't know them. So regardless of that small amount of hypocricy that they probably have that's pretty judgemental.
I don't call myself anything. I do what I want. Wear what I want. Listen to what I want. And hang out with whoever I like. Even if they're the girls that shop at hot topic non-stop. AND. Not all of them call themselves punk...I'd know.

REGARDLESS: This is an amaing idea.

Thank you. I agree.

I'm glad someone does. I don't think labelling people is fair. If they want to label themselves then sure..let them, I guess. But it's not anyone's place to label anyone else. But Seriously this conversation is getting pretty off topic of the pants themselves. ENJOY THE AWESOME NESS OF THEM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some Craft For Business, I Craft For Fun.
jamesdean
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006 10:05:19 AM »

love the safety pins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinfoiltrees
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006 01:38:41 PM »

when i posted this i had no idea of the discussion that was going to ensue! of course, i couldn't agree more about how it doesn't affect anyone else if someone chooses to label themselves one way or another...but it's annoying to have people completely misinterpret what those terms actually mean. it's almost like  misinterpriting a religion... It's not just about music, and it's definitely not about clothes... It's about doing things for yourself, and not relying on society or anyone else's opinions. which is why i love craftster...because it screams of punk ethos. and so with that said, thanks to everyone for the comments!!! the straps are 100% saftey pins, for all those who asked...about 600 total. i havent had any injuries wearing them so far, so i probably won't clamp them.
and if i had to add to them...i don't know. i probably wouldn't. or i might paint on some arteries and veins in the background. hmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superl4tive
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2006 01:00:05 AM »

Alright, I know this topic is now officially old news, but I've been away from the computer for awhile and came back to see that everyone was taking what I wrote waywayway out of context.

I really don't even know how y'all misunderstood me, but whatever, I'll explain. I am against labels! That's kind of the point! This girl really is my friend, one of my best friends, and I'm upset that she labels herself. I don't even believe punks or emo kids really exist, and I don't think she should degrade herself by trying to mimic a specific clique (which makes her a follower, something she claims to be against). I was not "being a jerk" or "labelling people," and I hate these whole stupid discussions because people always take offense. If you don't label yourself, I'm not talking about you! We are all just people -- hopefully individuals -- after all.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006 01:02:23 AM by superl4tive » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian Style Seared Duck Breast
Stinky Tofu in Hong Kong
How to Make Thai Cabbage Salad
How To Cook Easy Indian Dishes
Thai Foodcast: Thai Fried Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...