A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mans torso mosaic and Mirrors  (Read 6652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

supergirle
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006 07:38:39 PM »

Yes you must see Velvet Goldmine I think you will like it and Placebo is on the soundtrack and Ewan McGregor strips in part of it what is there not to like?Huh?  Its so awesome!  Keep posting you are sooooooo glam! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodilee
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006 10:01:12 AM »

Shocked Shocked Ewan Mcgregor without clothes this I gotta see Grin.

Maybe I should write to him and ask if it would be possible to mosaic him with silver mirrors just like my torso Roll Eyes Its worth  a try he can always say no.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RBrandt87
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006 08:56:11 AM »

Love the mirror. The guy is pretty cool as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006 10:28:57 AM »

Sometimes, deptpartment stores will have old beat up manq that they will give you....never hurts to ask  Grin  I had four of them when Katrina hit..I just wonder what the poeple who picked up our house and put the peices in the back of the trucks, throught when all these manq started falling out of the scooper.. Shocked Shocked I bet they freaked out... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
jodilee
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006 02:28:54 PM »

Sometimes, deptpartment stores will have old beat up manq that they will give you....never hurts to ask  Grin  I had four of them when Katrina hit..I just wonder what the poeple who picked up our house and put the peices in the back of the trucks, throught when all these manq started falling out of the scooper.. Shocked Shocked I bet they freaked out... Smiley

I wish  that wes the case here.They ask like squillions of euros for these shop dummies.

OMG Katrina Shocked Shocked Shocked and here you are chatting preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'etc.................wow') I'm impressed that your so cool about it especially as your house got trashed with all your  "STUFF". I saw it on TV that was close enough for me...............by the way I live in Holland which is all protected by dikes /delta walls and it really made me think to see what happened in your neck o the woods. Undecided.  The men with the clearing up job must have panicked when they saw all these 'bodies' falling out of the dump  truck  Cheesy. Then sighed with relief.......

Love the mirror. The guy is pretty cool as well.

Thank you, glad youlike em cos I love making em Wink
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006 02:33:15 PM by jodilee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethIves
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010 01:27:44 PM »

OMG.OMG.OMG I saw a glass torso mosaic in a shop and really wanted it . . . but they said no 'display only ect ect ect'  Angry So I set out a mission to find one and buy it... couldnt actually find one anywhere, so I set a new mission to make one, And guess where I found it CRAFTSTER! my lovely good for everything craftster!

May I ask how you made this? I found a torso with neck (plastic) on ebay already but with the glass there only squares, and I wanted smashed bits like yours... Mother who always knows best told me that I can't just get a mirror and smash it myself (I think she's trying to save my luck Ha! Cheesy ) But wants me to buy an actual glass cutter and cut every single bit  Shocked
So how did you actually create this master piece I see before me!!
Oh and with the filler, do you fill it in after?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jodilee
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010 02:37:31 AM »

Hi preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'Bethives................say') sorry to your mother and get the hammer!  I started with a mirror i had accidentally broken and the rest I smash.............I did hear if you smash a mirror its seven years bad luck..........BUT if you smash another it counteracts it  Undecided

I'm still here and i smash them all the time to make all sorts of smashed mirror mosaics.

I simply stuck the pieces to the torso with Bison glus which is a  trade name. But its just glue used for everyday things like sticking paper and leather and household preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'stuff.............nothing') special and I prefer it that way because theres no mess and if you are not satisfied you can remove pieces easily.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions but my advice is smash your mirros pieces and put them into a bucket then sit nice and quiet and get sticking. I put maybe 2inches of glue and quickly stick glass into place..........work quickly or it'll dry. Therefore quick = not too fussy.  Cheesy

This torso took about 2 weeks to complete and I did  little bit everynight whilst watching the TV. Don't be too fussy about it just choose a piece and stick it on. Only when you are gettting to tricky areas or near the completion do you have to be more choosy because the last pieces have to fit into the spaces you have left. Stick your first piece down and work from  there so that each piece goes next to the last, otherwise if you just stick them all over randomly there will be more fiddling at the end trying to fit pieces in.

This glue is bought in the DIY shop and its ok for kids and cracked china and everything really.

So now you know and I'd like to see pics of your end results PLEASE. Always interested in a like minded persons projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethIves
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010 10:36:21 AM »

Thank-you once again for your help (I feel as if im stealing all of your lovely crafts haha)
And yes I shall, Im not starting it for a little a couple weeks, because I have a rediculous amount of projects I have already half started and need to finish plus im now working fully for about 2 weeks straight at my work (keep thinking about the moneyy!! ha)
So its a bit of fitting in time But I will have no problem with updating you (:
Hope to talk soon
Bethany
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Overlay Adjustment layer in Photoshop
How to Edit a Composite Image
How to Read a Target Using Adobe Lightroom
How to Read a Target Using Photoshop Raw
Photo Retouching and Compositing Examples
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...